Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
morneaumvp

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by morneaumvp »

Brett wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:17 am
morneaumvp wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 pm
zeitgeist wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:14 pm It's a long, cold night for the Wiggins apologists.
I think there is merit to the rumor from Butler that Wiggins does not actually like basketball and is just cashing checks.
That's been obvious to me for a long time.

Everyone knows someone like this at their own job.
Its sucks

It always irks me when we hear that he can do Vince Carter like dunks in practice but he does not do it in game save for maybe twice a year.

The dude is a disgrace, and Butler was right about him
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:24 am
morneaumvp wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 pm

I think there is merit to the rumor from Butler that Wiggins does not actually like basketball and is just cashing checks.

Its sucks

It always irks me when we hear that he can do Vince Carter like dunks in practice but he does not do it in game save for maybe twice a year.

Yeah, Vince Carter-like dunks, that’s what’s missing from the $150 mil he’s making.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Andrew's number one problem by a fucking mile is between his ears.

29 mins 0/12 0 Pts 1 REB 1 AST

We need to see more. A lot more. Plain and simple.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Wiggins is gonna turn it around.

He doesn't even have to improve or "earn his contract". He just needs to do the same thing he was doing when he was a top 10 scorer in the league putting up 23 ppg, let Cov handle the rebounding and tough assignments, play a little extra defense and we'll be a dangerous team.

You're all foaming at the mouth. Mad that he sulked on the bench last night, yet if he was laughing it up you'd be pissed about that too. He has upside and that's what we need in a league with the Golden State Warriors having a top 3 player at every position. It's a long season and to say that he'll never pull it back together is fatalist approach.

We're 5-2 post Butler even with Wiggins struggling. Change this face!
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am

Its sucks

Yeah, Vince Carter-like dunks, that’s what’s missing from the $150 mil he’s making.
I am talking about effort, my point is he does not care.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Not worried.

Wigs went 0-12, Cov went 1-18.

Post game, towns and the rest of the teammates weren’t too worried either because we got the win. They just said it’s one of those games went nothing is falling.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Calm down spazzes, we are 5-2 post Butler trade
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

Brett wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:08 pm Wiggins is gonna turn it around.

He doesn't even have to improve or "earn his contract". He just needs to do the same thing he was doing when he was a top 10 scorer in the league putting up 23 ppg, let Cov handle the rebounding and tough assignments, play a little extra defense and we'll be a dangerous team.

You're all foaming at the mouth. Mad that he sulked on the bench last night, yet if he was laughing it up you'd be pissed about that too. He has upside and that's what we need in a league with the Golden State Warriors having a top 3 player at every position. It's a long season and to say that he'll never pull it back together is fatalist approach.

Centering the offense around Wiggins while losing games is the only way to get anything out of his niche skillset.
We weren't centering the offense around Wiggins when he put up 23 ppg.

I think in time he'll figure out that all he needs to do is spot up in the half court, making cuts when the defenses attention goes to KAT, fill the lanes on fastbreaks, post up on the JJ Reddick types if he gets that mismatch, and chuck a contested jumper or two if the shot clock demands it.

At the shooting guard position I don't know that his rebounding rate is ultra important. As long as his counterpart isn't grabbing offensive boards off his laziness he's doing fine.

Perhaps he should spend more time with the 2nd unit, but an outright benching is a little knee-jerk to me. The guys are still learning how to gel.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 pm
Brett wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:28 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:08 pm Wiggins is gonna turn it around.

Centering the offense around Wiggins while losing games is the only way to get anything out of his niche skillset.
We weren't centering the offense around Wiggins when he put up 23 ppg.

I think in time he'll figure out that all he needs to do is spot up in the half court, making cuts when the defenses attention goes to KAT, fill the lanes on fastbreaks, post up on the JJ Reddick types if he gets that mismatch, and chuck a contested jumper or two if the shot clock demands it.

At the shooting guard position I don't know that his rebounding rate is ultra important. As long as his counterpart isn't grabbing offensive boards off his laziness he's doing fine.

Perhaps he should spend more time with the 2nd unit, but an outright benching is a little knee-jerk to me. The guys are still learning how to gel.
How about ball handling and passing, do you find those things to be important at the shooting guard position?
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

t_wrex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 pm At the shooting guard position I don't know that his rebounding rate is ultra important.
He still can't handle the ball worth a shit, and his game overall game still relies on scoring in order to derive any other value from him on the court. For what he's being paid, he shouldn't need to be spoon fed buckets at the expense of team efficiency in order to keep his head in it.

I'd say both of those things are more important than simply hitting the boards with more frequency.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:15 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:52 am

Its sucks

I am talking about effort, my point is he does not care.
Okay then, I'll just chalk that up to my own confusion. There's more to effort than highlight-reel dunks.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:24 pm Calm down spazzes, we are 5-2 post Butler trade
We have real issues when our MAX player does not care to play with any effort
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:18 pm
t_wrex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 pm At the shooting guard position I don't know that his rebounding rate is ultra important.
He still can't handle the ball worth a shit, and his game overall game still relies on scoring in order to derive any other value from him on the court. For what he's being paid, he shouldn't need to be spoon fed buckets at the expense of team efficiency in order to keep his head in it.

I'd say both of those things are more important than simply hitting the boards with more frequency.
I don't know what you mean when you say spoon-fed buckets.

I don't think isoball is the only way Wiggins can score. He can space the floor for others (atleast better than Okogie) and he can attack closeouts pretty well too. Iso-ball is only necessary when the clock is running down, and while the results are really bad this year, he's atleast better at creating his own shot than Okogie/Cov/Tolliver and the like.

Just spacing the floor alone has an impact on the offense so while he may not score he does have some effect. He draws the better perimeter defender too, which can help Rose. He just needs to find his shot again and he'll be a factor. Max-level? maybe not, but as long as we're still good as a team I don't feel the need to bitch about it as if it's my tax money paying him or something.

Nobody values upside on this board.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

I value upside when someone has it and I try to keep my predictions grounded in the available evidence so they are reasonable. Wiggins has very little upside beyond what he has shown so far. Yes, I think in an ideal world he could be a bit better as a scorer. He could be utilized in a more effective way, score more efficiently but I think his scoring will always be limited to an extent because his handle is so poor and he's a very inconsistent shooter. Defensively he's decent guarding hobbits and such but he's not lifting the team in any way with his defense. Beyond that he's just not a very good player and if we're lucky he'll cap out at a Rudy Gay level.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
t_wrex

Post by t_wrex »

zeitgeist wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:57 pm I value upside when someone has it and I try to keep my predictions grounded in the available evidence so they are reasonable. Wiggins has very little upside beyond what he has shown so far. Yes, I think in an ideal world he could be a bit better as a scorer. He could be utilized in a more effective way, score more efficiently but I think his scoring will always be limited to an extent because his handle is so poor and he's a very inconsistent shooter. Defensively he's decent guarding hobbits and such but he's not lifting the team in any way with his defense. Beyond that he's just not a very good player and if we're lucky he'll cap out at a Rudy Gay level.
You seem reasonable. most on this board are acting like we'd be a way better team if Wigg tore his ACL.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

How can anyone defend Andrew at this point?
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Highlights from Wiggins historic night!

j2j

Post by j2j »

zeitgeist wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:46 pm Highlights from Wiggins historic night!

Only 10 seconds longer than my highlight tape from the game.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

zeitgeist wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:46 pm Highlights from Wiggins historic night!

Reminds me of 17-18 Luol Deng highlights

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Reminds me of 17-18 Luol Deng highlights

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
START DENG!
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

The Emperor and Darth Vador were assured MAXimum effort would always be put forth.
Gilby

Post by Gilby »

Ok I will make my Wiggins apology. I am sorry I ever thought Wiggins was a good player!
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Comparing Cov and Wigs night is weak.

Covington actually played great defense and had an impact on the court... the only impact Wig had was the impact of his bum hitting the bench.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:52 pm How can anyone defend Andrew at this point?
There's dopes on this very page claiming he will turn it around, even though we are in year 5 :lol:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Pull your 22 jersey's out.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
j2j

Post by j2j »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:52 pm How can anyone defend Andrew at this point?
Well really it's pretty easy. Let him shoot.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 pm
Well really it's pretty easy. Let him shoot.
:clap: well played sir well played
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Big bounce back game tonight!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am Big bounce back game tonight!
He will definitely be on his A game for Fortnite tonight.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I don't even care how many points Wiggins scores tonight. But you can't be so inconsistent as a max player.

Get out there hustle and play hard. Let the game come to you. No moping like last game. Grit it out. We've seen him do it. Just don't let him get off the gas pedal. When he starts moping, and shooting just to take shots that's when the worst Wiggins rears his head.

Grit it out and play. Still rooting for him to put it together because he could be a really good player in this league. But it's time to put up. Don't overthink this shit. Get out and play hard and the rest will fall into place.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."