Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Sid Hartman

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Sid Hartman »

Let’s dig into Wiggins:

He is 19th out of 19 on Wolves (of players who have played a game this season) with Offensive Win Shares with a -0.6 compared to KAT being best with 5.3
***Win Shares are easily the best metric for evaluating the offensive play of a single player because it accounts for almost everything and scales the result so that one OWS is actually equal to one win added to the team's cause.

He is 12th out of 19 in Win Shares at .5 compared to KAT’s 8.0

Win Shares Per 48 he is 15th out of 19 with 0.014 compared to KAT at .203 (League average is .100)

VORP he is 19th out of 19 with -0.5 compared to KAT at 4.2 so he is below replacement level player

He is 13th out of 19 in PER with 12.1 compared to KAT 25.6

He is 13th out of 19 in True Shooting % with .481 compared to KAT .616

Shooting Stats:
*He is 12th on team in shooting % from 3 point line (28.1% of his shots come from here)
*He is 14th on team in shooting % from 16 feet to 3pt line (17.6% of his shots come from here)
*He is 12th on team in shooting % from 10 feet to 16 feet (14% of his shots come from here)
*He is 8th on team in shooting % from 3 feet to 10 feet (14.9% of his shots come from here)
*He is 13th on team in shooting % from rim to 3 feet (25.3% of his shots come from here)

For a max player he looks everything like a replacement level player
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am Let’s dig into Wiggins:

He is 19th out of 19 on Wolves (of players who have played a game this season) with Offensive Win Shares with a -0.6 compared to KAT being best with 5.3
***Win Shares are easily the best metric for evaluating the offensive play of a single player because it accounts for almost everything and scales the result so that one OWS is actually equal to one win added to the team's cause.

Win Shares Per 48 he is 15th out of 19 with 0.014 compared to KAT at .203 (League average is .100)

VORP he is 19th out of 19 with -0.5 compared to KAT at 4.2 so he is below replacement level player

Shooting Stats:
*He is 12th on team in shooting % from 3 point line (28.1% of his shots come from here)
*He is 14th on team in shooting % from 16 feet to 3pt line (17.6% of his shots come from here)
*He is 12th on team in shooting % from 10 feet to 16 feet (14% of his shots come from here)
*He is 8th on team in shooting % from 3 feet to 10 feet (14.9% of his shots come from here)
*He is 13th on team in shooting % from rim to 3 feet (25.3% of his shots come from here)

:thumbsup:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

wiggins wasn't shit tonight - 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks - that kind of stuff helps the team. but what he was was completely pedestrian. he's a crappy shooter who takes too many shots. the team (ryan!) needs to start treating him like just any other player on the roster. we can't compound the problem of paying him too much money by thinking "well, he's been PAID a lot so he has to SHOOT a lot". no. just no. he's just another guy on the roster at this point. as a player, andrew reminds me a bit of a less fired up, worse three point shooting j.r. smith. and, like was the case with j.r., he should just be another rotational guy who often spends time on the bench. AW's career mpg is 36 - J.R's was 27. that's where we should be heading with andrew.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

We can get his exact production from someone else. He hurts this organization by playing every game.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:14 am We can get his exact production from someone else. He hurts this organization by playing every game.
except, as i pointed out in an earlier post, we inexplicably have a better winning percentage when andrew shoots like crap - and a worse winning percentage when he shoots well. them's the numbers - i know, it's weird.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I see dumb and dumber are in the thread talking nonsense again. I literally don't understand the logic. Serious question to Unfadeable and Jodaman, are you guys mentally challenged? It's a serious question because I don't like making fun of the challenged at all, but if you're just dumb I'll go right on with it.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

At this point, I think it has to be a bit. Right? I mean, no one can seriously watch him throw up brick after brick, be a non-factor 95% of the game, play like the laziest person ever, and think that he's a good player. So yes, it has to be a bit with those two. If it isn't and they are dead serious, then holy shit.
Let's get Tropical
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 am I see dumb and dumber are in the thread talking nonsense again. I literally don't understand the logic. Serious question to Unfadeable and Jodaman, are you guys mentally challenged? It's a serious question because I don't like making fun of the challenged at all, but if you're just dumb I'll go right on with it.

:lol: Jodaa for some reason has recently turned into a Wiggins lover, he used to bash him pretty good as well.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 am
kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 am I see dumb and dumber are in the thread talking nonsense again. I literally don't understand the logic. Serious question to Unfadeable and Jodaman, are you guys mentally challenged? It's a serious question because I don't like making fun of the challenged at all, but if you're just dumb I'll go right on with it.

:lol: Jodaa for some reason has recently turned into a Wiggins lover, he used to bash him pretty good as well.
I will continue to bash him when I see fit, as I would with KAT or any other Wolves player.

Right now I am taking a wait and see approach because I am hoping for good things out of him and KAT along with Saunders. I want this current group to succeed (we haven’t even seen the current full team healthy together under Saunders). I love that Taylor is still pushing the playoffs, although the Wolves are going to need some players in LA and Sac to get hurt for that to happen.

I find it easier to be positive by having some hope of making the playoffs. So sitting and ranting about Wiggins and reading about Wiggins in every thread is just counterproductive and stupid to me right now. You don’t think they have tried to trade him??!! They have listened to offers and the offers are ass rape. He’s not going anywhere, along with the fact they don’t have a better option to take his spot - that is the reality.......choke on it.

In the words of a Great Great man: “Just Win and the rest will take care of itself.”

That man is Tom Thibodeau. An idol and messiah to many followers here. :bow:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

We won the game, we are on a 3 game win streak.

Karl Towns wants Wigs here, Ryan does too. Wigs wants to be in Minnesota yet so many of you still are crying and complaining.

This is why I win every time.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Fun fact; none of those three get a choice in the matter.
Let's get Tropical
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Just watching last night's game now against the Knicks. Andrew is seriously stupid. Everything he does is the wrong decision. Just garbage. The worst part is listening to the announcers talk about how he sucks for 3/4 of the game because he sucks.

I would take any player on the Knicks over him. Dotson is already better.
Last edited by irishman89 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Can someone go cough on Wiggins so we have a chance to win tonight?
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

irishman89 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:17 pm Just watching last night's game now against the Knicks. Andrew is seriously stupid. Everything he does is the wrong decision. Just garbage. The worst part is listening to the announcers talk about how he sucks for 3/4 of the game because he sucks.

Jim Pete kept calling him Clark Kent :lol:
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:03 am Let’s dig into Wiggins:

Shooting Stats:

Spot on
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:23 am

It's because the whole "Butt cancer" thing.

Joda is all in on the Wolves winning because he said they would be better without Thibs and Butler.

He's "All in" on that take. He will call me a thibolyte or whatever the fuck, when I didn't like Thibs or Butler.

There is no doubting this team sucks more ass without them though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:46 pm
irishman89 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:17 pm Just watching last night's game now against the Knicks. Andrew is seriously stupid. Everything he does is the wrong decision. Just garbage. The worst part is listening to the announcers talk about how he sucks for 3/4 of the game because he sucks.

Jim Pete kept calling him Clark Kent :lol:
That was the perfect way to describe Wig. He's got superpowers but won't come out of his alter ego lameness.
T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:13 pm We won the game, we are on a 3 game win streak.

Karl Towns wants Wigs here, Ryan does too. Wigs wants to be in Minnesota yet so many of you still are crying and complaining.

This is why I win every time.
Check the standings bro, and the schedule too.

Also what we losing by tonight? I'll set the over under at 14.5.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Wiggins actually having a nice game tonight. :clap:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Wiggins and 1st for Kevin Love...

Wouldja?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:36 pm Wiggins and 1st for Kevin Love...

Wouldja?
No. I value the 1st more than KLove at almost 31. Probably in the minority though.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Wouldja?
No. I value the 1st more than KLove at almost 31. Probably in the minority though.
To get rid of Wiggins you need to attach a first. Getting Love back would be interesting.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:46 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Wouldja?
To get rid of Wiggins you need to attach a first. Getting Love back would be interesting.
It’s not a terrible idea by any means but I’m still a no. We need cheap players that are cost controlled going forward.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Best player is out, and this clown posts a pedestrian 18 points.

Also had the worst +/- on the team with -24
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

In Wiggins last 4 games he’s averaged 20 ppg 8 rebs 4 assist a game

Keep hating haters
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Your ability to cherry pick stats is incredible.
Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:08 pm Your ability to cherry pick stats is incredible.
Yea 20-8-4 speaks for itself
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

So do the metrics that says he's a below replacement level player. Never mind those though.

Alright, I'm done. This shit is too stupid for me anymore. Go ahead and keep blowing an average at best player. You'll get no more argument from me.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:11 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:08 pm Your ability to cherry pick stats is incredible.
Point per shot, 118 out of 120 NBA players.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:58 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Point per shot, 118 out of 120 NBA players.
oof