Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
DonaldDouchebag

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Watch a recap and really focus on him. He fucking stands around half the time.

(I think this only shows scoring plays.)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Last edited by DonaldDouchebag on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 am
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:06 am He wasn't shooting well so, instead of backing off, he kept fucking shooting. 10 for 28! Against a brutal team. This might have been his worst game in a month of shitty games.

Your guy Jace did not say he was a "positive" for the team.
I can tell already you didn’t watch the game last night and didn’t see the flow or how the game played out so your opinion on last night is NIL.

Wolves gave up 71 in the first half. Starters got the lead down to single digits closing out the 3rd. Ryan took out KAT and Wigs. Our bench came in and the lead ballooned back up to 17 heading into the 4th.

Box score watchers get owned and served easily.
I sure as shit did watch. I may not be the most astute observer but I certainly saw terrible shot selection from Wiggins and an absolute inability to guard Ross.
If you watched last night like you claim, Ross cooked everyone last night. Wiggins, Deng, and Okogie. He was making shots over double team contested too.

Some nights guys are on fire. Ross is like Jr Smith, some nights he’s way off, some nights he could look like Kobe. Plus he’s on a contract year so he’s play his tail off.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am

Listed under “Positives” from last nights game.

Really?
That isn't the same as saying he was a overall positive...

That tweet is trying to find a silver lining in a crap performance.
So Wiggins was a silver lining from last night’s team crap performance?

Gotcha, point proven again.
Jesus your twisting is amazing.

He wasn't a silver lining for the team last night.

That guy was trying to find a silver lining in the crap performance Wiggins had.

It's like saying Wiggins winning the rising star MVP was some great achievement in his career. Who cares that we won that? It doesn't make him any better in anyway.

And it really doesn't matter if Wiggins what other things Wiggins does if he continues to be a travesty on offense. He is a max player. If you can't at least be a positive on offense then you aren't even close to living up to your contract. If Wiggins legitimately improves in rebounding and defense it wont justify his contract at all unless he improves on offense.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Unfadeable and jodaman are the only 2 guys who watched the game last night fellas! Lay off already!
T_J

Post by T_J »

Wiggins' missed long 2's are essentially turnovers. He essentially averages 8 turnovers a game including the 2 real ones.

His offensive rating has plummeted to 98 per 100 possessions this year, his worst season yet. Meanwhile his horrible defensive rating per 100 poss is right at career average of 113.

His true shooting percentage is at a career low.

His free throw rate is the second lowest of his career, near last year's pathetic number.

His rebounding, assist, and steal numbers are all at his career average.

He's shooting under 40% from the field. Yuck.

The dude has not improved anywhere in 5 years. He's getting worse.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

T_J wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:23 pm Wiggins' missed long 2's are essentially turnovers. He essentially averages 8 turnovers a game including the 2 real ones.

His offensive rating has plummeted to 98 per 100 possessions this year, his worst season yet. Meanwhile his horrible defensive rating per 100 poss is right at career average of 113.

His true shooting percentage is at a career low.

His free throw rate is the second lowest of his career, near last year's pathetic number.

His rebounding, assist, and steal numbers are all at his career average.

He's shooting under 40% from the field. Yuck.

The dude has not improved anywhere in 5 years. He's getting worse.
Yeah, but how do all of those numbers compare to Otto Porter?
ORtg - 120
DRtg - 107
TS% - .602
3P% - .441
FT% - .828

Otto's only managed 10 PPG for his career though.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins > Otto porter all day
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

I'd much rather have Porter, especially considering contracts.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:45 pm I'd much rather have Porter, especially considering contracts.
Trade machine works for that deal, and has Chicago at -17 wins swapping out Porter for Wiggins. lol
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:37 pm Wiggins > Otto porter all day
Not if Porter takes 8-10 shots a game compared to 28 from the Rising Stars MVP.

Only in unfadeables world should the worst shooter on the team shoot the most.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Always said Kat should shoot the most.

Dane Moore said today on his podcast that last night no one could get a shot off except Wiggins. In plain english, that means get by their guy or even get an open jumper. It was a whole team problem. No point guard to run offense or motion and when our 2nd unit was Cannan, Tolliver, Deng, Saric, Gorgi. It's hard for those guys to get a shot because they are covered and can't move.

But you didn't even watch the game so yeah LEARN THE GAME again.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Dane Moore said today on his podcast that last night no one could get a shot off except Wiggins. In plain english, that means get by their guy or even get an open jumper. It was a whole team problem. No point guard to run offense or motion and when our 2nd unit was Cannan, Tolliver, Deng, Saric, Gorgi. It's hard for those guys to get a shot because they are covered and can't move.

I'm not sure you've ever had a good take since you've been posting here.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

So your evidence is now random reporters. OK, I can play along.

So what about all the other reporters, players and analysts that say he's trash? Those don't count?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Haha. I almost knew Wiggins would have one of his good games after the dud last night. Now we get to hear his supporters do their thing.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 pm Haha. I almost knew Wiggins would have one of his good games after the dud last night. Now we get to hear his supporters do their thing.
23-9-3-3-2 last night is such a dud.

Wiggins 23-10-7-2 tonight.

But we should bench him or include a 1st round pick to get rid of him right?

WC proving their low BBALL IQ once again.

LEARN THE GAME
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 pm Haha. I almost knew Wiggins would have one of his good games after the dud last night. Now we get to hear his supporters do their thing.
You know it, just like his great game in OKC like 2 months ago :lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:55 pm
He was our best player against Utah last week but I know it's easy to lie.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:10 pm
23-9-3-3-2 last night is such a dud.

Wiggins 23-10-7-2 tonight.

But we should bench him or include a 1st round pick to get rid of him right?

WC proving their low BBALL IQ once again.

LEARN THE GAME
He took some 30 possessions to get those 23 points against Orlando. He's averaging 18 ppg on sub 40% shooting.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
shoteh

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by shoteh »

Gotta give credit when it's due, he was pretty good against Pels tonight and drove in more. Glad he got his teammates involved a little more, gotta see more games like this.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Exactly what I think. He's had two good games since Thibs left. That's what Wiggins does though, 1 game on 9 off. Dude has the ability to get close to last nights game every night. He does this Thursday and we win.

Yet Dumb & Dumber will ride this game for the next 9. :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

kilkenny wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 am
Exactly what I think. He's had two good games since Thibs left. That's what Wiggins does though, 1 game on 9 off. Dude has the ability to get close to last nights game every night. He does this Thursday and we win.

Yet Dumb & Dumber will ride this game for the next 9. :lol:
he's so inconsistent, but there's a weirdness to it that can hardly be explained. i did some minor number crunching and found some weird stuff.

we've played 56 games - wiggins has played 51 of them. in the 5 games he didn't suit up, we went 2 and 3. so... extremely small sample size, but it's not like we went on a jag with andrew in the whirlpool. we lost 3 of 5.

in 43% of the games in which he did play (22 of 51, or nearly half) andrew shot a crappy 38% or less from the field. actually a combined SHITTASTIC 120 of 386 from the floor (or 31 freaking %!). this, from the guy who takes more shots than anyone on the team not named Karl.

that really sinks the wolves, right? must be. except now for the REALLY weird part. in those 22 games, the wolves went 12 and 10 - a winning % of .545. right now, for the season, the wolves have a .464 winning %. in other words, we win more games when andrew is shooting horribly than when he's shooting well. i guess we can stick that in our wolves stat blender and hit the "grind" button.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Nice efficient night against the CLippers
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm Nice efficient night against the CLippers
Great improvement from most other games, no contested long 2’s! He keeps this up well on his way to all star status
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm Nice efficient night against the CLippers
Yep. Cool to see a box score where every starter scored more points than shots. Those lost possessions on long two's or iso misses blow.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Just keep doing that every night Wiggy and we'll win some more games!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am Just keep doing that every night Wiggy and we'll win some more games!
Nope, need him back for the tank.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Sid Hartman wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:02 am
Great improvement from most other games, no contested long 2’s! He keeps this up well on his way to all star status
kilkenny wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 am
Yep. Cool to see a box score where every starter scored more points than shots. Those lost possessions on long two's or iso misses blow.
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 am Just keep doing that every night Wiggy and we'll win some more games!
:lol: :clap: :thumbsup:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

30 FUCKIN' PAGES AND NOW WE CORRECT THE TITLE MISSPELLING?!

Apologises is a part of Wolves Chat lexicon now. You can't just change it. Clint, Abe, Anyone? Please right this horrendous wrong.
Ketchup can be nuancy
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:40 pm 30 FUCKIN' PAGES AND NOW WE CORRECT THE TITLE MISSPELLING?!

Apologises is a part of Wolves Chat lexicon now. You can't just change it. Clint, Abe, Anyone? Please right this horrendous wrong.
Learn the game.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Wow, didn't realize we had two Rising Stars MVPs.

NBA Sat, Feb 10, 2001 Sophomores 121, Rookies, 113 Wally Szczerbiak MCI Center, Washington, DC
Last edited by Moses Scurry on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.