Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
irishman89

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by irishman89 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:44 pm What Lolvine use to post his workout videos, so many of you would be cuming in your pants, there was even a Lolvine swag meter thread.

The wolves post Wigs videos of his putting in work this summer and all there is around here is hate.

Not surprising, Twolves have the worst fan base in the NBA.
Which of the two has actually put in the work? Which one has a body that looks like it's being developed each year? Which player gives 100% all the time on the floor? Zach is the better player and always has been. That's why we had sticky pants, and that's why there's hate the other way. Everyone knows they gave up the wrong prospect, and paid the wrong guy nearly double.
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

Has the bum been traded yet?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

irishman89 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:44 pm What Lolvine use to post his workout videos, so many of you would be cuming in your pants, there was even a Lolvine swag meter thread.

The wolves post Wigs videos of his putting in work this summer and all there is around here is hate.

Which of the two has actually put in the work? Which one has a body that looks like it's being developed each year? Which player gives 100% all the time on the floor? Zach is the better player and always has been. That's why we had sticky pants, and that's why there's hate the other way. Everyone knows they gave up the wrong prospect, and paid the wrong guy nearly double.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Has Taylor set up a promise meeting yet? Could determine the season.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I don’t see much difference between LaVine and Wiggins at all.

Comparing the two sets the bar for both too low.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Here are their career advanced and per 100 possessions statistics, respectively. Zach's shooting numbers and playmaking (3.5/2.4 AST/TO vs. 2.2/2.1 AST/TO) give him the edge in BPM and VORP, but WS/48 and ORtg/DRtg put them right alongside one another.

Zach certainly wears his heart on his sleeve more so than Wiggins, which may translate as effort on-camera, but the hustle stats tell a different story. Here are their 2018-19 per-game hustle stats where Wiggins mostly wins out across the board.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Cripes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:43 pm Has Taylor set up a promise meeting yet? Could determine the season.
:lol:

I like that. Maybe sign Brewer as a smile coach.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

memyworld wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm

Here are their career advanced and per 100 possessions statistics, respectively. Zach's shooting numbers and playmaking (3.5/2.4 AST/TO vs. 2.2/2.1 AST/TO) give him the edge in BPM and VORP, but WS/48 and ORtg/DRtg put them right alongside one another.

Zach certainly wears his heart on his sleeve more so than Wiggins, which may translate as effort on-camera, but the hustle stats tell a different story. Here are their 2018-19 per-game hustle stats where Wiggins mostly wins out across the board.

All that showed me was that Lavine was a better player than Wiggins in almost every way.
j2j

Post by j2j »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:37 pm
memyworld wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm

All that showed me was that Lavine was a better player than Wiggins in almost every way.
I was fried for saying it during their rookie season. :lol:
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

From minute 1 I always said I'd have rather traded them Wigs than Lavine and Dunn. Still would love to get Dunn back but we have a better chance of winning with Wigs than Lavine. He will never be anything more than Crawford or Lou Williams. You can't win starting a guy who refuses to play D. We should all know that. And that's who Lavine is now. Fun as hell to watch him with the ball but he gives it all right back on the other end.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:36 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:51 pm From minute 1 I always said I'd have rather traded them Wigs than Lavine and Dunn. Still would love to get Dunn back but we have a better chance of winning with Wigs than Lavine. He will never be anything more than Crawford or Lou Williams. You can't win starting a guy who refuses to play D. We should all know that. And that's who Lavine is now. Fun as hell to watch him with the ball but he gives it all right back on the other end.
Not that it was in play, but a lavine/covington wing combo sounds nice. For the heat lavine gets hes still as good or better than Russell while making 2/3 his salary. Every player on your team doesn't have to be a good defender, just like they don't all have to be good scorers. Lavine could be paired with a defensive counterpart just like kat can be.
I think the thinking for many: Zach was an offensive savant but his defense would always be horrific. He's absolutely clueless still. Wiggins showed the capacity to be a decent on ball defender in spurts and his offense was trending up plus he didn't blow out an ACL and Wiggins has been an iron man.

Wiggins should have went to market as a RFA and then we match or offer discounted deal. But we were too afraid to upset the delicate flower so he got a max. :(
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:51 pm From minute 1 I always said I'd have rather traded them Wigs than Lavine and Dunn. Still would love to get Dunn back but we have a better chance of winning with Wigs than Lavine. He will never be anything more than Crawford or Lou Williams. You can't win starting a guy who refuses to play D. We should all know that. And that's who Lavine is now. Fun as hell to watch him with the ball but he gives it all right back on the other end.
Not that it was in play, but a lavine/covington wing combo sounds nice. For the heat lavine gets hes still as good or better than Russell while making 2/3 his salary. Every player on your team doesn't have to be a good defender, just like they don't all have to be good scorers. Lavine could be paired with a defensive counterpart just like kat can be.
I love Lavine but pretty sure everyone knows that I love defense most of all. 1 bad defender can fuck your entire D. And by bad I mean one that doesn't care. Lavine as a 6th man gun with a bunch of tough backups can work but I just don't ever see him on a winning team as a starter. Teams are just too damn good now at finding and exploiting weaknesses.

Towns to me is different defensively for 1 reason. Shot blocking. It's all he does well defensively but you can mitigate the rest by switching, matchups, etc. A little more effort moving his feet and scheming so he's under the basket and we're good. Having a perimeter guy like Lavine who is just straight up matador and leak out? There's no game planning for that other than benching him.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:42 pm
I think the thinking for many: Zach was an offensive savant but his defense would always be horrific. He's absolutely clueless still. Wiggins showed the capacity to be a decent on ball defender in spurts and his offense was trending up plus he didn't blow out an ACL and Wiggins has been an iron man.

Wiggins should have went to market as a RFA and then we match or offer discounted deal. But we were too afraid to upset the delicate flower so he got a max. :(
He was decent at times especially when he was guarding PG's wiht us. But he went to the exact wrong place. Had a coach that didn't care about D and teammates who were absolute pukes that didn't care about winning. Never thought he would be "that guy" but he learned to have fun playing without winning. They call those guys losers.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Plus Wiggins really looks like he could be a Jimmy clone and could have learned a thing or two from him. I could see the argument for keeping AW. He's just not physical enough and probably not mentally tough enough to be consistent.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Still better than Jabari Parker!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

YBBR wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 am Still better than Jabari Parker!
That's debatable and it took 2 knee injuries to get to that point.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

front office should have let wigs go to RFA and then seen if we could get him on a lower deal. it wasn't an obvious move at the time, but sure looks like it now. a savvy front office would have sussed that out - we weren't savvy enough. and i get the feeling often that personnel moves are made with as much an eye to public reaction as they are to bb sense. as in, we can't appear to give up on wiggins now or the fans will think that the love trade was a mistake. so they double down on wigs in an attempt to look strong.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

But, but, but, Andrew looked Taylor in the eye and promised! Fuck, Taylor is dumb.
Let's get Tropical
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 am
What a fun debate that would be!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

YBBR wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 am
zeitgeist wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 am
What a fun debate that would be!
Not sure why you brought it up if you were so disinterested in taking about it.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

Jack Hoff wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:17 am Has the bum been traded yet?
No he's still here Jack! Thanks for asking!!! :beer:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

14 pages since June? You guys are animals!
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:30 pm 14 pages since June? You guys are animals!
You should see HeHateMe drink that Spotted Cow shit if you are looking for a real animal.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Vendetta11 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:30 pm 14 pages since June? You guys are animals!
You should see HeHateMe drink that Spotted Cow shit if you are looking for a real animal.
I happened across this guys' videos last night. Watched this one, the White Claw one, and the Dads During Summer one. That last one fucking slayed me.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

T_J wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:49 pm
I happened across this guys' videos last night. Watched this one, the White Claw one, and the Dads During Summer one. That last one fucking slayed me.

LOL

While I am not a big Spotted Cow guy, it sure as hell is better than Busch fucking Light.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

New Glarus sours and tart beers are phenomenal. Top shelf. No idea why you'd drive any distance for Spotted Cow, though.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Vendetta11 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:27 pm

LOL

While I am not a big Spotted Cow guy, it sure as hell is better than Busch fucking Light.
I've had Spotted Cow once, and that was at your Bachelor Party. It was good, but not "I'm willing to dirty myself by driving into Wisconsin to get it" good.

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:52 am

LOL

I've had Spotted Cow once, and that was at your Bachelor Party. It was good, but not "I'm willing to dirty myself by driving into Wisconsin to get it" good.
It's so damn good off the tap. Cans/bottles are fine but yeah, you don't drive over there just to get it. Now if you work occasionally on the other side of the river... you pick it up for yourself and friends. I love going vacations in Wisconsin though for the simple fact of it's on tap everywhere. Go to the dells, lots of indoor water parks might have one beer on tap... and it's that.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am

LOL

It's so damn good off the tap. Cans/bottles are fine but yeah, you don't drive over there just to get it. Now if you work occasionally on the other side of the river... you pick it up for yourself and friends. I love going vacations in Wisconsin though for the simple fact of it's on tap everywhere. Go to the dells, lots of indoor water parks might have one beer on tap... and it's that.
I need to try it off the tap. Doesnt that sonova Jamebo go into Sconi once in awhile? He needs to pick some up and deliver.

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:00 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am

I need to try it off the tap. Doesnt that sonova Jamebo go into Sconi once in awhile? He needs to pick some up and deliver.
He might... I hooked him up once or twice. I don't go over there as much since I switched jobs a couple summers back. My wife is in Stillwater today, I told her to make a stop on the other side of the border and she said no thanks. D'oh.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.