Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 pm
mglviks wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 pm When Saunders says "I have" liked wiggins at the 2. It could be read as past tense vs validation of where he plans to play him.

Like and prefer him there but we need him at the 3 when roco is our 4.
I'm better with Wiggins at the 3, then Covington at the 4. Eh....maybe not. RoCo as the starting 4 just doesn't SING to me man.
You haven't heard! The NBA is positionless now.

Teams like GSW do it. They only have a All Star at every single position!

What could go wrong here?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:21 pm
mglviks wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 pm When Saunders says "I have" liked wiggins at the 2. It could be read as past tense vs validation of where he plans to play him.

Like and prefer him there but we need him at the 3 when roco is our 4.
I'm better with Wiggins at the 3, then Covington at the 4. Eh....maybe not. RoCo as the starting 4 just doesn't SING to me man.
Agree. Roco at 4 negates his best assest, defense. Not like it will be bad but hard to see it as great if he is up vs a Millsap...

Aces in there places; motto.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

This is great news...

Spoiler:
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 pm Covington is tough but I think you might negate a lot of his defensive value by playing the 4 a lot. PF is a weak position in terms of talent in the NBA and I'd rather have him focusing on guarding the best wing player on the opposing team.

He might get worn out aginst some of these bigger bodies too. Again I like him as a 3.

Teague/Napier/Culver
Wiggins/Okogie/Culver
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Vonleh/KBD
Towns/Bell

This is currently how I'm leaning on the rotations.
A lot of Covington's value comes from his team defense, his ability to rotate off his man and he can do that, maybe even more so from the 4 but still, I agree that he should be guarding the best wing player, that's just the reality of the situation. Not to mention, you can't force the other team to stick their 2 guard on Wiggins, that's not how it works.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:56 pm This is great news...

I mean he also mentioned this when he took over for Thibs, and we saw how the rest of the season went. :?

Andrew even said he will shoot ANY shot he feels he can get off.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

The only way Andrew possibly changes is if you bench him when he takes a stupid shot.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:27 am The only way Andrew possibly changes is if you bench him when he takes a stupid shot.
You think he'd actually care? He'd probably be thrilled, he gets to sit on the bench and do nothing while cashing in a max contract.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Dan33185 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:41 am
zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:27 am The only way Andrew possibly changes is if you bench him when he takes a stupid shot.
You think he'd actually care? He'd probably be thrilled, he gets to sit on the bench and do nothing while cashing in a max contract.
Well that's why I say "possibly" because he'd probably see sitting on the bench as a vacation.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 pm I think Rosas' plan is to move Wiggins for whatever and have Culver and Okogie battle it out for the 2 guard. People who have watched him in college say he's not quite a primary initiator on the NBA level yet, but maybe he focuses on that and becomes one. It would be nice to start an Okogie and Culver backcourt if they both pan out.
But at what cost?
Sure we could take an equally bad contract off some ones hands, but we would have to attach assets.
IDK, but I am willing to see if Rosas and Ryan can get him to understand the game, and what it takes to be great. I know, can't teach heart, but, effort can be taught. I think now they will TEACH him what is a good shot, instead of just letting him play as THibs did. Stability helps too. I he can stay in ONE system for a while, it might sink in on what he should be doing. Lord only knows we don't need to be hiring his 5th coach in 6 years.

Also, there is a rumor that we trade Wiggins for CP3. No sir.....I don't like it!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:07 am
YBBR wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 pm I think Rosas' plan is to move Wiggins for whatever and have Culver and Okogie battle it out for the 2 guard. People who have watched him in college say he's not quite a primary initiator on the NBA level yet, but maybe he focuses on that and becomes one. It would be nice to start an Okogie and Culver backcourt if they both pan out.
But at what cost?
Sure we could take an equally bad contract off some ones hands, but we would have to attach assets.
IDK, but I am willing to see if Rosas and Ryan can get him to understand the game, and what it takes to be great. I know, can't teach heart, but, effort can be taught. I think now they will TEACH him what is a good shot, instead of just letting him play as THibs did. Stability helps too. I he can stay in ONE system for a while, it might sink in on what he should be doing. Lord only knows we don't need to be hiring his 5th coach in 6 years.

Also, there is a rumor that we trade Wiggins for CP3. No sir.....I don't like it!
Me personally, I would rather keep Wiggins than make a bad deal just to get rid of him. It's just the feeling I get of Rosas trying to attach him in multiple deals in this offseason that he's not much of an Andrew Wiggins fan. I'd be lying if I said I thought there was no hope for Andrew Wiggins. He finally has a coach to teach him what is a good shot in the NBA. And that seems like the focus, which is great.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

But at what cost?

I doubt that deal happens unless OKC gives additional assets. If they offered us a couple of firsts in addition to Paul for Teague+Wiggins, I'd do it. You can go to Miami then and offer those pick with Paul for Dragic+Justin Winslow and now you've successfully cleared Wiggins contract.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 am
But at what cost?

I doubt that deal happens unless OKC gives additional assets. If they offered us a couple of firsts in addition to Paul for Teague+Wiggins, I'd do it. You can go to Miami then and offer those pick with Paul for Dragic+Justin Winslow and now you've successfully cleared Wiggins contract.
I wonder how deep negotiations are, I just saw earlier today a Reddit post saying WIggins put his house up for sale. :clap:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:39 am

But at what cost?

I wonder how deep negotiations are, I just saw earlier today a Reddit post saying WIggins put his house up for sale. :clap:
I think he has two here.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 am
I think he has two here.
Gotta live somewhere until the trade is official :thinking:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

morneaumvp wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:06 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 am

I think he has two here.
Gotta live somewhere until the trade is official :thinking:
I won't hold my breath.
witljon

Post by witljon »

It kinda sounds like he’s primed for a breakout season.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I hope he can put it together. He's got great tools. But he may be living on borrowed time in Minnesota. He's gotta be sharp out of the gate.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

just watched 28 mins of the nba top 100 dunks of this past season. how does andrew wiggins play an entire season and not have ONE dunk worthy of the compilation? alex caruso ffs had two.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:27 pm just watched 28 mins of the nba top 100 dunks of this past season. how does andrew wiggins play an entire season and not have ONE dunk worthy of the compilation? alex caruso ffs had two.
Didnt he go half the season before having his first dunk this year?

I remember it being a big deal when he finally did.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

j2j wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:42 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:27 pm just watched 28 mins of the nba top 100 dunks of this past season. how does andrew wiggins play an entire season and not have ONE dunk worthy of the compilation? alex caruso ffs had two.
Didnt he go half the season before having his first dunk this year?

I remember it being a big deal when he finally did.
Should honestly be fined by the team for doing that.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

This is what will happen just because it will be so funny. Wigs will get his FT% back to 75% and get his attempts back over 5. He will raise his 3% by 3%. He will raise his FG% by 3%. He will get .3 more blocks and steals. He will get .3 more rebounds and assists. And .3 less TO's And with those tiny improvements 100 haters will claim that he's a completely different player and they told him so all along.

That player scores 22 on 16.5 attempts 5.1 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1 blk, 1.3 stl, 1.6 TO's That's how close your shittiest player in the league is to allstar level numbers.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:04 pm This is what will happen just because it will be so funny. Wigs will get his FT% back to 75% and get his attempts back over 5. He will raise his 3% by 3%. He will raise his FG% by 3%. He will get .3 more blocks and steals. He will get .3 more rebounds and assists. And .3 less TO's And with those tiny improvements 100 haters will claim that he's a completely different player and they told him so all along.

That player scores 22 on 16.5 attempts 5.1 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1 blk, 1.3 stl, 1.6 TO's That's how close your shittiest player in the league is to allstar level numbers.
It would be awesome if all that happens. I’m cheering for it. Raising his FG% by 3, FT% by 8, and 3% by 3 isn’t a tiny improvement. It would be significant if all those happened.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:27 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:04 pm This is what will happen just because it will be so funny. Wigs will get his FT% back to 75% and get his attempts back over 5. He will raise his 3% by 3%. He will raise his FG% by 3%. He will get .3 more blocks and steals. He will get .3 more rebounds and assists. And .3 less TO's And with those tiny improvements 100 haters will claim that he's a completely different player and they told him so all along.

It would be awesome if all that happens. I’m cheering for it. Raising his FG% by 3, FT% by 8, and 3% by 3 isn’t a tiny improvement. It would be significant if all those happened.
If he was a bad shooter I would agree. What he is is a guy who ended up 4th option and took bad shots because he felt left out. Just limiting the forces gets him those numbers. His FT% is a direct result too since he lost confidence and then his attempts went down. Unless you are a Shaq you will always shoot better with more attempts. Hell even Shaq would get on a role. You could tell his FT's were all confidence by those crazy bad games where he'd go like 2-9. No solid shooter goes 2-9 ever unless he's got the yips. I trust Ryan to find him a better role than stand in the corner 80% of the time. You saw it at the end of the year. More cut, more post, and if you are gonna give it to him on the wing make damn sure there are at least 8 seconds left because he doesn't trust his handle late clock. He will pull up 100%.

Wigs too me is paralysis by analysis. Not that he's out there thinking the game like Larry Bird but somtimes you can literally read him mind when he's face up with the ball. They need to have him moving all the time. When this, go here. Take some of the thought out. When he's hot he doesn't play like that at all. He just plays. And one thing I hope changes is the way we played transition D under Thibs. If Wigs was in the corner and the shot came from the other wing or corner he was supposed to get back. How do you take a guy like him and not let him weak side rebound? Remember how good he was at that early? The shooter should be getting back since he has no shot at a rebound. I just don't think we have used him correctly since Flip. Well Sam to an extent too. He's an athlete who can shoot not a shooter who's a good athlete but that's how we played him.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:48 pm

If he was a bad shooter I would agree. What he is is a guy who ended up 4th option and took bad shots because he felt left out. Just limiting the forces gets him those numbers. His FT% is a direct result too since he lost confidence and then his attempts went down. Unless you are a Shaq you will always shoot better with more attempts. Hell even Shaq would get on a role. You could tell his FT's were all confidence by those crazy bad games where he'd go like 2-9. No solid shooter goes 2-9 ever unless he's got the yips. I trust Ryan to find him a better role than stand in the corner 80% of the time. You saw it at the end of the year. More cut, more post, and if you are gonna give it to him on the wing make damn sure there are at least 8 seconds left because he doesn't trust his handle late clock. He will pull up 100%.

Wigs too me is paralysis by analysis. Not that he's out there thinking the game like Larry Bird but somtimes you can literally read him mind when he's face up with the ball. They need to have him moving all the time. When this, go here. Take some of the thought out. When he's hot he doesn't play like that at all. He just plays. And one thing I hope changes is the way we played transition D under Thibs. If Wigs was in the corner and the shot came from the other wing or corner he was supposed to get back. How do you take a guy like him and not let him weak side rebound? Remember how good he was at that early? The shooter should be getting back since he has no shot at a rebound. I just don't think we have used him correctly since Flip. Well Sam to an extent too. He's an athlete who can shoot not a shooter who's a good athlete but that's how we played him.
I think the plan under Rosas and specifically Ryan is to do a lot of what you suggested. Hopefully AW succeeds. I’d like to see his FT attempts where they were his first two years. That itself would be huge imo. We have no choice but to hope he succeeds. He’s not getting traded. And cheering against him is insane. But so is pretending he’s been fine the last 2 years. Maybe he’s pissed off and wants to prove folks wrong.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:15 pm

I think the plan under Rosas and specifically Ryan is to do a lot of what you suggested. Hopefully AW succeeds. I’d like to see his FT attempts where they were his first two years. That itself would be huge imo. We have no choice but to hope he succeeds. He’s not getting traded. And cheering against him is insane. But so is pretending he’s been fine the last 2 years. Maybe he’s pissed off and wants to prove folks wrong.
Him being pissed off would indicate that he's capable of caring, which he is not.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Every word that comes from Rosas just screams covering his ass so anything is nothing to me. Ryan on the other hand I believe in. I think he gets it with Wigs. Absolutely force him to the line. Post and cut, post and cut. Got a wide open 3? Fire. Let him hit the offensive glass.

All the free flowing no play bullshit from Rosas? Do you buy that? I don't. It's Flip's kid for christ's sake. Not that he will have 500 plays or anything but good god, who do you trust to put people in the right spot? Teague? Wigs? Fuck that hurt my liver just thinking about it. Does anyone really want the players to just free flow the difference between Bell and Naz? NNNNNNNNNNNNNot me.
T_J

Post by T_J »

memyworld wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Looks like he's lost muscle since the end of the season. Making Booker look jacked (future wolf).
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

let's hope wiggins' plan for the offseason isn't just a lot of one on one against perhaps the worst defender in the nba. that'll grow his skills. not.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.