Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Decker23 »

It’s almost March everyone!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins is going to be one of the factors in these last 25 games.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm Wiggins is going to be one of the factors in these last 25 games.
What are your expectations stat wise over this period?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:38 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm Wiggins is going to be one of the factors in these last 25 games.
20-5-3 with defense
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:42 pm
20-5-3 with defense
I didn't think you'd mention anything about efficiency with your one track nba mind. :lol:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:51 pm

20-5-3 with defense
I didn't think you'd mention anything about efficiency with your one track nba mind. :lol:
Let's give him a very generous goal of having at least 43% field goal percentage. let's not even take TS%, eFG% or any other better measures of efficiency. Let's just use FG%.

But what's funny about Unfade's post is that Wiggins is currently posting 18/5/2.5 since the Butler trade. His predictions aren't exactly upping Wiggins' contributions by that much at all. 39%/31%/70% during this time as well.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I have a goal for Wiggins the rest of the year. Play hard for more than one out of every 10 games.
Let's get Tropical
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:19 pm
kilkenny wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:51 pm

20-5-3 with defense
Let's give him a very generous goal of having at least 43% field goal percentage. let's not even take TS%, eFG% or any other better measures of efficiency. Let's just use FG%.

But what's funny about Unfade's post is that Wiggins is currently posting 18/5/2.5 since the Butler trade. His predictions aren't exactly upping Wiggins' contributions by that much at all. 39%/31%/70% during this time as well.
Those are the numbers I care about along with defensive intensity. Let's see if unfadeable will come back and say something about it.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:20 pm I have a goal for Wiggins the rest of the year. Play hard for more than one out of every 10 games.
Can we play all 10 of those games in OKC? :thinking:
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

A max player is going to be a factor in NBA games...

Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

everyone says this can't be done - but i'm not sure why. anyway, IMO andrew needs to be told that he's just another player on the team - and his mpg will depend on how he's doing. yes, he makes tons more money than others - but his play has been subpar in several areas for years, he continues to be one of our least efficient offensive players - and although he's shown some improvements - for the good of the team, for the team to move forward - his head needs to be lowered on the totem pole.

simply put, he can't put up 23 shots, or 18 shots, or 22 shots, or whatever per game if they aren't going down the hole at an acceptable rate. if the shots aren't dropping and he offers nothing else, he'll sit. if the guy he's guarding is having a career night, he'll sit and we'll try someone else. if he's not hustling like his teammates, he'll sit. just another guy. the team can't wait for the stars to align for andrew wiggins anymore.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

This comment right here says a lot.
There are a few Wolves who take a significant amount of midrange shots — forward Andrew Wiggins, who takes 4.4 midrange shots per game, and center Gorgui Dieng, who only takes 4.2 shots per game, but 1.7 of those are midrange. Both said they will still take those shots if they’re open.

“I don’t think about it too much, to be honest. I just play my game,” Wiggins said. “Really, if the three is open, I’m going to shoot it. The long twos, I’ll shoot it. The layups, I’ll shoot it.”
Gorgui does take them if open. But Wiggins is an idiot, he takes a ton of those contested. If they're open my ass.
Last edited by kilkenny on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
T_J

Post by T_J »

There's an enormous difference between a Gorgui 17 footer and the same shot Wiggins takes.

Gorgui's is wide open and perfectly fine. Wiggins takes the same one off a dribble and needlessly fades from the contact. God dammit, be nice if he could learn from Harden how to draw contact again.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Jonny Athletic said Kat wants Wiggins here and they have a great personal relationship. They support each other and that Kat wants Wiggins to succeed with him. Kat wants to be the Alpha and Wiggins is fine being his number 2.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 pm Jonny Athletic said Kat wants Wiggins here and they have a great personal relationship. They support each other and that Kat wants Wiggins to succeed with him. Kat wants to be the Alpha and Wiggins is fine being his number 2.
Well if Wiggins is actively hurting the team then who gives a shit?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 pm Jonny Athletic said Kat wants Wiggins here and they have a great personal relationship. They support each other and that Kat wants Wiggins to succeed with him. Kat wants to be the Alpha and Wiggins is fine being his number 2.
KAT just went down a notch in my book. I thought he wanted to win.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

NUMBER 2??????????

The dipshit is barely a fuckin starter :lol:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

..........And that loud cracking ice sound you hear is the many many Wiggins haters hearts breaking.

It’ll be OK.

jodaman promises.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 pm ..........And that loud cracking ice sound you hear is the many many Wiggins haters hearts breaking.

It’ll be OK.

jodaman promises.

Hopefully that loud cracking ice sound is you falling into a lake.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 pm
jodaman01 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 pm ..........And that loud cracking ice sound you hear is the many many Wiggins haters hearts breaking.

It’ll be OK.

jodaman promises.

Hopefully that loud cracking ice sound is you falling into a lake.
:lol:
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Yeah and Garnett liked T-Hud.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 pm
Yeah and Garnett liked T-Hud.
Word was KAT didn’t like Butler.

Cue Thilll in 3. 2. 1....
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Of course he is. Towns doesn't like to be challenged either. Look what happened with Buckets.
Last edited by RubeTube on Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Wiggins is totally ready to roll now. It wasnt his youth, or Butler that was holding him back. It was him needing an allstar break to get himself back together. Totally promise. We are going to see a rejuvenated Wiggy now.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 am
Of course he is. Towns doesn't like to be challenged either. Look what happened with Buckets.
At least with KAT he actually produces at an elite level.

But I do agree that KAT needs to develop a more "I'm gonna rip your head off" personality. But he's way too good to even think about trading him now.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:16 am This comment right here says a lot.
There are a few Wolves who take a significant amount of midrange shots — forward Andrew Wiggins, who takes 4.4 midrange shots per game, and center Gorgui Dieng, who only takes 4.2 shots per game, but 1.7 of those are midrange. Both said they will still take those shots if they’re open.

“I don’t think about it too much, to be honest. I just play my game,” Wiggins said. “Really, if the three is open, I’m going to shoot it. The long twos, I’ll shoot it. The layups, I’ll shoot it.”
Gorgui does take them if open. But Wiggins is an idiot, he takes a ton of those contested. If they're open my ass.
If this reflects how Wiggins is being coached that says a lot.

Head coach needs to put their foot down.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Poop
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

thinktank wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:05 am

It's never on Wiggins, is it. Always someone else's fault. But Wiggins is so dumb he says he'll still do it. I'd love to see Ryan pull has ass from the starting lineup.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:05 am

It's never on Wiggins, is it. Always someone else's fault. But Wiggins is so dumb he says he'll still do it. I'd love to see Ryan pull has ass from the starting lineup.
And I could say to you “it’s never not on Wiggins is it?”

SQ: If Andrew is still launching guarded long twos and he’s never benched for it who’s fault is that?

This isn’t a pickup game. There are coaches on the sidelines to manage these things. Why do you think the Rockets don’t shoot long twos (much less contested)? D’Antoni won’t allow it!

Does this mean I don’t think Wiggins should be criticized? No! Wiggins deserves all the criticism. He should know he shouldn’t be taking those shots too. But since he doesn’t, what then? Saunders gets a free pass?

C’mon, now.

Show me you can walk and chew gum.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

thinktank wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 am
kilkenny wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:05 am

And I could say to you “it’s never not on Wiggins is it?”

SQ: If Andrew is still launching guarded long twos and he’s never benched for it who’s fault is that?

This isn’t a pickup game. There are coaches on the sidelines to manage these things. Why do you think the Rockets don’t shoot long twos (much less contested)? D’Antoni won’t allow it!

Does this mean I don’t think Wiggins should be criticized? No! Wiggins deserves all the criticism. He should know he shouldn’t be taking those shots too. But since he doesn’t, what then? Saunders gets a free pass?

C’mon, now.

Show me you can walk and chew gum.
Apparently you can't walk and chew gum. Reading comprehension error? I even said Ryan should sit his ass down. Jesus. :lol: