Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
DonaldDouchebag

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Andrew Wiggins
Career highlights and awards:

- NBA draft number one overall pick (2014)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2015)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2015)
- Rising Stars MVP (2015)
- Dunked on Greg Stiemsma (2019)
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:31 pm Andrew Wiggins
Career highlights and awards:

- NBA draft number one overall pick (2014)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2015)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2015)
- Rising Stars MVP (2015)
- Legally stole 147 million dollars (2018)
- Dunked on Greg Stiemsma (2019)
FIFY
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:03 am That real point of that story was that Lowe asked Ryan why does he still believe in Wiggins. After the usual lip service about, "seeing his talent," this was the best story Ryan even had to explain why Wiggins can be a player in the league.

For comparison, they gushed on this pod about Towns and how he can play anywhere, do everything, and you run the whole show around him.

These two players were at one time thought to be on a similar trajectory.
One has the drive to be great, the other doesn't. It's as simple as that. Wiggins 100% has the natural ability to be a star in the league. His effort the last two years has been unacceptable, especially now given what he makes for a contract. Yikes.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

If Wiggins is only allowed to take 3's and drives to the basket, will he be an effect offensive player?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 pm If Wiggins is only allowed to take 3's and drives to the basket, will he be an effect offensive player?
He'd be so much more effective if he did that (not saying he'd be good). We don't need his career 34.2% from 16 out to the 3 point line. Wiggins likes to play like he is a HOF but without the talent.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Must be tough to get in that Canada starting lineup,

on the bright side more time for Fortnite streams :clap:

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm Can't let anything get in the way of Summer Fortnite streams

Those noobs need to learn the game.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 pm
T_J wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:03 am That real point of that story was that Lowe asked Ryan why does he still believe in Wiggins. After the usual lip service about, "seeing his talent," this was the best story Ryan even had to explain why Wiggins can be a player in the league.

For comparison, they gushed on this pod about Towns and how he can play anywhere, do everything, and you run the whole show around him.

These two players were at one time thought to be on a similar trajectory.
One has the drive to be great, the other doesn't. It's as simple as that. Wiggins 100% has the natural ability to be a star in the league. His effort the last two years has been unacceptable, especially now given what he makes for a contract. Yikes.
Let’s not over inflate KAT here now. We had Butler - who everybody here knows only wanted to win and told everyone who would listen that he worked harder than everybody else in the gym. (God I love that people here ate that crap like candy - you weren’t one of them)

As the truth came out, Butler hated KAT - he got along with Wiggins fine. Many of Butler’s digs and rips at how the young players here had no clue, weren’t going anywhere and didn’t seem to care enough - we can now with the above knowledge know he was pointing much of this ire at KAT.

Just because “Mr Big Talk” Rosas has put out a statement about KAT and how he and the organization are now 100% focused together and moving forward, it’s probably smart not to buy all of that either.

The more Rosas talks the more BS detectors start to go off in my head. It’s nice to here stuff from him, but at this point for me it’s all going to come down to what he puts on the floor and what it produces. He gets this season to put on the shit show lottery bound product like every other new coach and GM have gotten here, then he needs to actually produce on his “Big Talk”.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs is concentrating on the Wolves and that’s what We all want.

Ben Simmons isn’t playing for Australia either to work on his pro game.

Stay learning rookies
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:38 am
He's upgraded to 1v.5 workouts against YMCA castoffs! Progress!
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am
If he dunks on one of them, we better get the mantle ready for an all-NBA first team player!
Let's get Tropical
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am
Next he'll be doing the lauded Zhou Qi workout against folding chairs.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

So this is what, season 6 for Sleepy? Do we finally get to make a judgement on him this season or what are the Wiggins lovers built in excuses this season?

I don't recall Kevin Love getting this much leeway while actually being productive even with Kurt Rambis as a coach.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:59 am So this is what, season 6 for Sleepy? Do we finally get to make a judgement on him this season or what are the Wiggins lovers built in excuses this season?

I don't recall Kevin Love getting this much leeway while actually being productive even with Kurt Rambis as a coach.
Well he's had about 53 coaches since high school so he at least gets one more year. :thinking:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Honestly, fro Wiggins is best Wiggins. When he went to cornrows his game fell off a cliff. Somebody in his camp must've finally told him to quit fuckin around, and loosen up the braids. Now that troll doll wiggs is back, I'm back with him.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
j2j

Post by j2j »

Kobe and Michael didn't ascend to true alpha winner greatness until they shaved their heads. Time for Wig to get out the Bic.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:04 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:59 am So this is what, season 6 for Sleepy? Do we finally get to make a judgement on him this season or what are the Wiggins lovers built in excuses this season?

Well he's had about 53 coaches since high school so he at least gets one more year. :thinking:
Thibs, Mitchell, Saunders >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rambis.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

He's making max money... everyone is allowed to proceed with whatever judgements they want to make. I was fine with his play the first three years though in year 3, Thibs started doing iso Wiggins in the fourth quarter which was really strange. Year 4 and Year 5 though he's agreed to and then start playing into his max contract... he needs to produce or else he deserves every negative comment thrown his way. Wiggins lovers don't really exist anymore except for a guy or two on here.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

I realize this is snark, and I'm not making excuses, but he's only had one coach for more than 1 year probably ever, at least since his dad coached him in AAU, and that was Thibs.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:13 pm

I realize this is snark, and I'm not making excuses, but he's only had one coach for more than 1 year probably ever, at least since his dad coached him in AAU, and that was Thibs.
When you look at Wiggins the total number of coaches he has had is pretty much irrelevant. The problem with Wiggins goes beyond coaching to the point where until Wiggins fixes his head then his game wont progress at all.

I wouldn't be nearly as pissed off at Wiggins if he simply tried and sucked but Wiggins doesn't try 90% of the time and still sucks.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:34 pm
j2j wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:13 pm

When you look at Wiggins the total number of coaches he has had is pretty much irrelevant. The problem with Wiggins goes beyond coaching to the point where until Wiggins fixes his head then his game wont progress at all.

I wouldn't be nearly as pissed off at Wiggins if he simply tried and sucked but Wiggins doesn't try 90% of the time and still sucks.
Yep. Coaching has nothing to do with sporadic effort.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Weird how all the different coaches doesn't make KAT, or anyone else ever, a lazy piece of shit.
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm Weird how all the different coaches doesn't make KAT, or anyone else ever, a lazy piece of shit.
I lol'd.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:48 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm Weird how all the different coaches doesn't make KAT, or anyone else ever, a lazy piece of shit.
I lol'd.
Actually we now know Jimmy Butler thought KAT was a lazy piece of shit and hated playing with him.

Oh well......The Truth Is Out There.

Maybe they are both lazy pieces of shit and the Wolves are just fucked.......Butler seemed to think exactly that, and many here believed everything Butler said while he was here.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Again, not making excuses for him being a lazy bum, but it's just intriguing how many coaches he's had going back to travel ball as a kid. KAT is just 1 year off from having the same thing. Some stability for them will hopefully be good.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:48 pm
I lol'd.
Actually we now know Jimmy Butler thought KAT was a lazy piece of shit and hated playing with him.

Oh well......The Truth Is Out There.

Maybe they are both lazy pieces of shit and the Wolves are just fucked.......Butler seemed to think exactly that, and many here believed everything Butler said while he was here.
Find one quote that says lazy, just one. He mentioned worried about stats and other things, I don't recall once lazy being mentioned.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Imagine calling Wiggins lazy and then saying that KAT is also lazy when he is a 2 time all-star and 1 time all-NBA at the ripe old age of 23.

I'd kill if Wiggins had the "laziness" of KAT.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

j2j wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 pm Again, not making excuses for him being a lazy bum, but it's just intriguing how many coaches he's had going back to travel ball as a kid. KAT is just 1 year off from having the same thing. Some stability for them will hopefully be good.
Solid point and I don't disagree.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm Imagine calling Wiggins lazy and then saying that KAT is also lazy when he is a 2 time all-star and 1 time all-NBA at the ripe old age of 23.

I'd kill if Wiggins had the "laziness" of KAT.
If he actually tried, best player that ever lived!!!!!! We comin'!!!!
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

I'm sure this is how a lot of Wiggins' offseason workouts and practices go. He tends to start the season hot from three and then cools off. Maybe he just needs some unbridled love and energy from the home crowd to keep his blood pumping?