Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
j2j

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by j2j »

Oubre is better than Wiggins.

I hate all Kansas players, so I wasnt going to like Wiggins coming out period.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Are we really going to keep beating this dead horse? He's gone, thankfully. Let's let him stay gone.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:33 am Are we really going to keep beating this dead horse? He's gone, thankfully. Let's let him stay gone.
Absolutely
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:33 am Are we really going to keep beating this dead horse? He's gone, thankfully. Let's let him stay gone.
I think people are just enjoying the fact that he's not our problem anymore especially after Warriors fans claimed he would finally realize his potential in Golden State.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm one of the biggest Wiggins haters around, believe me. I'm just glad that lazy POS is gone.
Let's get Tropical
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:11 pm Anyone have any good quotes from a warriors board?
RealGM has some gems....

A thread titled "Wiggins = Demote him to 2nd unit"

Most are actually defending Wiggins, but some see the light already....
great -- both Wiggins and Oubre are turds, who barely even have even BPM/VORP for their careers, which is actually hard to do in today's NBA

not really sure why people are white knighting for Wiggins on this board tbh.
he should not be starting with Curry at all, he actively inhibits rhythm because he has no idea how to move, where to be, can't set screens or picks and his timing on everything is completely off
We just have to accept that we (Or Myers, haha) shot himself in the foot trading for Wiggins for losing a Superstar (KD), to an average starter (D'Angelo), to a All NBA Scrub 1st team.
Can we demote Wiggins off of the team please. God I hate watching him play basketball.
Almost word for word what logical Wolves fans have been saying for years :lol:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:29 am
I think people are just enjoying the fact that he's not our problem anymore especially after Warriors fans claimed he would finally realize his potential in Golden State.
Schadenfreude is the word we are looking for.

I wanted Wiggins to be good so bad, really because he shares the exact same birthday as my youngest son. Even got them a pic together at his presser. (LaVine too, which I was more intrigued with.) Anyway, I am glad he's gone, but still not happy with owing GS our first next year.

And.....If we get to keep our pick, something went turrebly wrong.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:12 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:29 am
Schadenfreude is the word we are looking for.

I wanted Wiggins to be good so bad, really because he shares the exact same birthday as my youngest son. Even got them a pic together at his presser. (LaVine too, which I was more intrigued with.) Anyway, I am glad he's gone, but still not happy with owing GS our first next year.

And.....If we get to keep our pick, something went turrebly wrong.
It might not be a bad thing if we keep our pick at this point. I'm still of the mind that this season is going to be completely fucked anyways considering the hasty offseason and having no bubble to keep 'rona contained.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

andrew is like that piano player who can whip off Flight of the Bumblebee in really impressive style - but basically can ONLY play that one song and has zero feeling for music in general.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
80HD

Post by 80HD »

Andrew, I’m sorry you suck at basketball.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:22 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:11 pm Anyone have any good quotes from a warriors board?
RealGM has some gems....

A thread titled "Wiggins = Demote him to 2nd unit"

Most are actually defending Wiggins, but some see the light already....
great -- both Wiggins and Oubre are turds, who barely even have even BPM/VORP for their careers, which is actually hard to do in today's NBA

not really sure why people are white knighting for Wiggins on this board tbh.
he should not be starting with Curry at all, he actively inhibits rhythm because he has no idea how to move, where to be, can't set screens or picks and his timing on everything is completely off

We just have to accept that we (Or Myers, haha) shot himself in the foot trading for Wiggins for losing a Superstar (KD), to an average starter (D'Angelo), to a All NBA Scrub 1st team.
Can we demote Wiggins off of the team please. God I hate watching him play basketball.
HAHAHHA

Damn, truer words have never been spoken. Reminds me of when Flip in his rookie season tried to get him to just move and do something without a play being run for him. It's always been the same, he's just a space cadet if the ball isn't in his hands.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

After the 1st quarter

1-5
2 rebounds
0 everything else

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

He’s an absolutely dreadful basketball player most of the time. I still make that trade giving up the future 1st every single time.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Another gem from Wiggins where he takes the most shots on a team despite being woefully unqualified.

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:29 pm He’s an absolutely dreadful basketball player most of the time. I still make that trade giving up the future 1st every single time.
Yep. I couldn’t take watching his bullshit anymore.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:29 pm He’s an absolutely dreadful basketball player most of the time. I still make that trade giving up the future 1st every single time.
Isn't that the fun of being a Wolves fan? Options were

1) Keep Wiggins + our 2021 pick but have to deal with watching Wiggins play and drag this team down even further.

2) Take a gamble and get rid of Wiggins (who at this point has no more "unlocked potential") but also giving up our 1st to move him in a trade to get Russell.

Neither option is ideal so you have to look at it as what the less bad option is.

We KNOW who Wiggins is and is a huge detriment to the team. Wiggins only redeeming value is his usual ~10 game stretch where he looks like a star otherwise He has no redeeming value. Do you take a huge risk and gamble that a player you can draft in 2021 is so good that he'll overcome how bad Wiggins is while at the same time saying good bye to any roster flexibility by having the worst contract in the league?

Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Just an abysmal performance today. He is getting absolutely roasted on Twitter. I was feeling a little bad for him, but then I remembered how much money he's making.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Wiggins is the ultimate hot and cold player. He'll have a stretch where he can't hit the broad side of a barn and then one where people say this dude needs to be an all-star. That's just who he is at this point. We've pretty much seen it for 6 straight years.

Got that Jeff Green in him.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

YBBR wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:07 pm Wiggins is the ultimate hot and cold player. He'll have a stretch where he can't hit the broad side of a barn and then one where people say this dude needs to be an all-star. That's just who he is at this point. We've pretty much seen it for 6 straight years.

Got that Jeff Green in him.
Its weird because he has the talent and skills to be a very good player. And for stretches he totally shows it and you're like have we finally got the Wiggins we always knew he could be? And then 3 weeks later he falls off the map again and you're like hmmm
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:52 pm

1) Keep Wiggins + our 2021 pick but have to deal with watching Wiggins play and drag this team down even further.

2) Take a gamble and get rid of Wiggins (who at this point has no more "unlocked potential") but also giving up our 1st to move him in a trade to get Russell.

Neither option is ideal so you have to look at it as what the less bad option is.

We KNOW who Wiggins is and is a huge detriment to the team. Wiggins only redeeming value is his usual ~10 game stretch where he looks like a star otherwise He has no redeeming value. Do you take a huge risk and gamble that a player you can draft in 2021 is so good that he'll overcome how bad Wiggins is while at the same time saying good bye to any roster flexibility by having the worst contract in the league?
I honestly believe that other players on his team despise the way he plays so much that it starts to affect their play. Not personally towards AW. Not like they hate the guy. But the way he plays is so lazy and uninspired that players around him start to tune out, like “fuck this shit.” I could of course be full of it and probably am to be honest, but I get that feeling a lot.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:52 pm

i'm more than okay with wiggins not being here anymore.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Dude was even missing layups, he is worse than he was with us, which is saying something.

I must again thank Rosas for getting rid of this loser
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:19 am Dude was even missing layups, he is worse than he was with us, which is saying something.

I must again thank Rosas for getting rid of this loser
I’m still in shock that not only did it take 1 draft pick to get rid of him, we got a top 10 pg out of it too. I didn’t think there would be a team in the league that would take a bad player on a max contract, no matter how many picks offered
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I think a fun game could be: “Predict Andrew Wiggins’ next contract!”
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Hoop Dreams

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:36 am I think a fun game could be: “Predict Andrew Wiggins’ next contract!”
I was just thinking the same thing. Who would honestly pay him more than 5-6 million? I could even see him taking a one year minimum "prove it" deal.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:45 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:36 am I think a fun game could be: “Predict Andrew Wiggins’ next contract!”
I was just thinking the same thing. Who would honestly pay him more than 5-6 million? I could even see him taking a one year minimum "prove it" deal.
It’s weird. He has nba athleticism, so you’d think someone will always take a shot with him. But his game has zero value as a 15-minute bench guy. His only value is a volume scorer on this days when his shot falls.

Maybe he goes to China?
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Isaac Asimov
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Someone will look at his Rising Stars MVP and see a man still deserving of $10 mil per.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:22 pm Someone will look at his Rising Stars MVP and see a man still deserving of $10 mil per.
Fade getting a GM gig?
Let's get Tropical
witljon

Post by witljon »

Will he get a next contract or be out of the league?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:33 pm
Will he get a next contract or be out of the league?
China?
Euroleague?
Israeli Premiere Basketball League?

Someone, somewhere will be willing to pay him money to...

“Play basketball.”

- Isaac Asimov