Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:21 pm
j2j wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Not sure who Nick is, but he sounds like a clown desperate to fit in.
Former Wolves reporter so he knows us. That's why he hates us. Covered us during Butler and called us soft as hell ever since. Never talks Wolves without laughing at the notion of a "leader" who won't play D.
Reporter for which media outlet? I've legit never heard of him.
I don't know if it was ESPN or what but he started being on the jump at the beginning of last year all the time because he covered us. Always said he did and saw from the inside how soft we were. Always said Butler was by far our best player and then he always dogged Towns and Wigs. He really gets down on Towns. Like laughs every time someone else calls him a star and says stars occasionally play D.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:29 pm
Former Wolves reporter so he knows us. That's why he hates us. Covered us during Butler and called us soft as hell ever since. Never talks Wolves without laughing at the notion of a "leader" who won't play D.
I don't know if it was ESPN or what but he started being on the jump at the beginning of last year all the time because he covered us. Always said he did and saw from the inside how soft we were. Always said Butler was by far our best player and then he always dogged Towns and Wigs. He really gets down on Towns. Like laughs every time someone else calls him a star and says stars occasionally play D.
So he's a wannabe Brian Windhorst? His Twitter account is mostly about the Warriors.

I don't watch ESPN other than when a game is on, or when someone posts a clip here, so I miss all the opinion shows. None are really worth a damn.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:49 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:29 pm

So he's a wannabe Brian Windhorst? His Twitter account is mostly about the Warriors.

I don't watch ESPN other than when a game is on, or when someone posts a clip here, so I miss all the opinion shows. None are really worth a damn.
The jump is a good show when there's shit going on. Like all other espn shows it's shit when there's not. Just a whole lot of nonsense about all the same damn players and teams.I don't think that dude is like an insider, more of the roving reporter talking head type. But he loved Butler and Thibs and hated Towns and Wigs. Still does apparently.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

j2j wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Not sure who Nick is, but he sounds like a clown desperate to fit in.
Nick Friedell is a former Bulls reporter, not for the Wolves.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Would you rather Wiggins end up top 5 in best defensive or offensive player of the year?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:07 pm
Not beat reporter. He covered us for ESPN I assume but he never really said who he was covering us for. Just always says I spent a lot of time in that locker room while covering the team. If he's a former Chi guy then he probably got sent there because of a prior relationship with Butler and Thibs.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Not beat reporter. He covered us for ESPN I assume but he never really said who he was covering us for. Just always says I spent a lot of time in that locker room while covering the team. If he's a former Chi guy then he probably got sent there because of a prior relationship with Butler and Thibs.
He's a staff writer for espn now covering whatever team they put him on assignment for. I believe he's been in that role for a year, maybe two. Before that: Friedell covers the Chicago Bulls for both ESPN Radio 1000 and ESPNChicago.com -- local Chicago writer covering the Bulls during Butler era. He's very familiar with Thibs and Butler so I'm sure they use his insight when discussing the Wolves stuff last year. I have never seen him at Target Center though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

shoteh wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:20 pm Would you rather Wiggins end up top 5 in best defensive or offensive player of the year?
If we're talking unachievable fantasies I'm going to come up with one involving Kate Upton or something.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm
shoteh wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:20 pm Would you rather Wiggins end up top 5 in best defensive or offensive player of the year?
If we're talking unachievable fantasies I'm going to come up with one involving Kate Upton or something.
chloroform may help both our cases
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:38 pm
He's a staff writer for espn now covering whatever team they put him on assignment for. I believe he's been in that role for a year, maybe two. Before that: Friedell covers the Chicago Bulls for both ESPN Radio 1000 and ESPNChicago.com -- local Chicago writer covering the Bulls during Butler era. He's very familiar with Thibs and Butler so I'm sure they use his insight when discussing the Wolves stuff last year. I have never seen him at Target Center though.
Were you in the locker room? Because that's where he says he spent a lot of time.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:49 pm
Were you in the locker room? Because that's where he says he spent a lot of time.
No but I know where the media usually sits like Windhorst when he's been here. This is a weird argument... as usual. I just pointed out what he did before he was a staff writer with ESPN.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 pm
No but I know where the media usually sits like Windhorst when he's been here. This is a weird argument... as usual. I just pointed out what he did before he was a staff writer with ESPN.
Seriously? I just pointed out what the guy says on a show I watch. And you post stuff like Well, I've never seen him at the game as if I'm making it up.

This weird argument is 100% you.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:16 pm
Seriously? I just pointed out what the guy says on a show I watch. And you post stuff like Well, I've never seen him at the game as if I'm making it up.

You said he was a former wolves reporter and I pointed out he covered the BULLS before he joined espn as a staff writer to cover ALL TEAMS they put him on assignments for. What did I say you were making up, I responded to J2J's original post. I've seen him plenty on the jump too and rarely recall him talking about how he spent a lot of time here in MN. But maybe you heard differently, so be it. Again, you called him a former wolves reporter and J2J questioned and I answered.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:26 am
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:16 pm

You said he was a former wolves reporter and I pointed out he covered the BULLS before he joined espn as a staff writer to cover ALL TEAMS they put him on assignments for. What did I say you were making up, I responded to J2J's original post. I've seen him plenty on the jump too and rarely recall him talking about how he spent a lot of time here in MN. But maybe you heard differently, so be it. Again, you called him a former wolves reporter and J2J questioned and I answered.
Would you just stop forcing a fight and arguing with Thrillkill!? Jeezus...
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Nick Wiggins burner account?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

No, that is 100% unfadeable.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I need to see effort from Wiggins every single minute of every single game for 10 straight seasons before I'll believe he's nothing more than a lazy ass, among the worst in the league, player. He's earned that type of thinking in spades.

If Wiggins is a starter, that's strike one for Saunders this season.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:44 pm No, that is 100% unfadeable.
Definitely.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I seriously can't believe this is how Wiggins showed up for preseason. He'll be gone along with an asset by Christmas. Asshat plus asset. What a sack. Culver is better already. So is Graham for that matter.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 am I seriously can't believe this is how Wiggins showed up for preseason. He'll be gone along with an asset by Christmas. Asshat plus asset. What a sack. Culver is better already. So is Graham for that matter.
Saving it for the regular season.

:lol:
Couldn't say that with a straight face.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

irishman89 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 am I seriously can't believe this is how Wiggins showed up for preseason. He'll be gone along with an asset by Christmas. Asshat plus asset. What a sack. Culver is better already. So is Graham for that matter.
No no no, this is the year he will really put it together, it was just the coach holding him back the last 3 years. :lol:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Clearly he doesn't deserve to start, but he will. I can't stand that lazy ass anymore than most of you, but could you imagine that lazy POS coming off the bench? He'd be even worse. No defense, bad shots, no energy, doesn't rebound or facilitate..... yikes, that would be a train wreck.
Let's get Tropical
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Wiggins won't be this down forever. Most likely scenario is he's hot and then cold and then hot and then cold alternating for stretches. For the most part that's how he's played. He just lacks consistency. Which is a large hindrance at this level.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 pm Wiggins won't be this down forever. Most likely scenario is he's hot and then cold and then hot and then cold alternating for stretches. For the most part that's how he's played. He just lacks consistency. Which is a large hindrance at this level.
I think he lacks care. He just doesn't seem to give a damn out on the court. It's so frustrating. I can't wait to hear the grovelling apology. 86 pages, this is getting to Gas-Oil proportions.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

LordNu wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:27 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:16 pm Wiggins won't be this down forever. Most likely scenario is he's hot and then cold and then hot and then cold alternating for stretches. For the most part that's how he's played. He just lacks consistency. Which is a large hindrance at this level.
I think he lacks care. He just doesn't seem to give a damn out on the court. It's so frustrating. I can't wait to hear the grovelling apology. 86 pages, this is getting to Gas-Oil proportions.
Seeing Wiggins shot chart the other night, he took 7 long twos. This after the team is obviously not promoting it. He's is a mindless idiot. Has no clue how to play the game. I don't think there is any fixing someone can do to him.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Wiggins game is the mirror image of Rocky's first fight with Clubber Lang

REPLACE

Rocky to Wiggins
Mickey to Flip

From Wiki-

Having become the world heavyweight champion, former working-class boxer Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) is rich and famous beyond his wildest dreams, which has made him lazy and overconfident. In a double whammy, he loses his trainer and father figure Mickey (Burgess Meredith) and then has his title stolen by the arrogant, menacing challenger Clubber Lang (Mr. T). Turning to his former adversary, Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers), for help, Rocky struggles to get his old fire back.
T_J

Post by T_J »

shoteh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:39 am Wiggins game is the mirror image of Rocky's first fight with Clubber Lang

REPLACE

Rocky to Wiggins
Mickey to Flip

From Wiki-

Having become the world heavyweight champion, former working-class boxer Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) is rich and famous beyond his wildest dreams, which has made him lazy and overconfident. In a double whammy, he loses his trainer and father figure Mickey (Burgess Meredith) and then has his title stolen by the arrogant, menacing challenger Clubber Lang (Mr. T). Turning to his former adversary, Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers), for help, Rocky struggles to get his old fire back.
Who is his adversary though? Jimmy Butler?

He's also never won shit, so only the rich part is really true.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

shoteh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:39 am Wiggins game is the mirror image of Rocky's first fight with Clubber Lang

REPLACE

Rocky to Wiggins
Mickey to Flip

From Wiki-

This is good stuff. However, I you left out the part where Wiggins has a "beating Apollo Creed for the title with one eye" accomplishment. Rocky was at least great and a champ at one point. Wiggins hasn't even beat Spider Rico yet.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

kilkenny wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:13 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:27 pm
Seeing Wiggins shot chart the other night, he took 7 long twos. This after the team is obviously not promoting it. He's is a mindless idiot. Has no clue how to play the game. I don't think there is any fixing someone can do to him.
His handle is too loose and first step too slow to get to the rim.

He’s just another guy, if that.