Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by somuchyummy »

T_J wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 pm
memyworld wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Looks like he's lost muscle since the end of the season. Making Booker look jacked (future wolf).
andrew's convinced league domination will be his if he can just get down to around 170.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:24 pm let's hope wiggins' plan for the offseason isn't just a lot of one on one against perhaps the worst defender in the nba. that'll grow his skills. not.
So mad at him for practicing then?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:39 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:24 pm let's hope wiggins' plan for the offseason isn't just a lot of one on one against perhaps the worst defender in the nba. that'll grow his skills. not.
So mad at him for practicing then?
Practice.....you mean against actual people....what the hell does that have to do with basketball?

I believe we are all a little more impressed with the recent footage (pics) of Culver. It’s clear he has been practicing.......tying a tie. His Windsor Knot is on point and I hear he is working on a Half-Windsor and adding a Shelby. Shits getting real! :lol:

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
j2j

Post by j2j »

We have very little to go on with any of these guys, a 30 second clip of Wiggins in pickup games doesn't really tell us a lot. BUTT... It's much better than some of the crappy videos we've seen him owning Drew Hanlen in 1v.5 drills.

I don't understand the people that want to dump Wiggins for a bucket of baseball pucks, and are even willing to add in an asset to get rid of him. In the history of history how often has dumping a huge contract, and paying to do it, ever worked?

I hope these pickup games against actual players helps. He seems to be making decisions quicker, which is what he needs. Don't hold it, don't pound it. Either catch and shoot it, attack with it, or pass it. Hopefully Saunders gets him playing faster, gets him moving more. I might be a little too hopeful, but what I've heard of the plan seems to fit what I've always said about Wiggins.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:19 am We have very little to go on with any of these guys, a 30 second clip of Wiggins in pickup games doesn't really tell us a lot. BUTT... It's much better than some of the crappy videos we've seen him owning Drew Hanlen in 1v.5 drills.

I don't understand the people that want to dump Wiggins for a bucket of baseball pucks, and are even willing to add in an asset to get rid of him. In the history of history how often has dumping a huge contract, and paying to do it, ever worked?

I hope these pickup games against actual players helps. He seems to be making decisions quicker, which is what he needs. Don't hold it, don't pound it. Either catch and shoot it, attack with it, or pass it. Hopefully Saunders gets him playing faster, gets him moving more. I might be a little too hopeful, but what I've heard of the plan seems to fit what I've always said about Wiggins.
You can't think of Wiggins that way. He has shown he can have games like you describe. It's something in his head that needs to change and we can't see that on any summer practice tape. I'm hoping something clicks up there for him and he brings it every game next season but...... :shrug:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i, for one, don't want to dump wiggins for a bucket of balls. for one thing, no one wants his contract so it's pointless to think of deals. i just want wiggins to assume his place on the squad in terms of what he actually provides on the court - and not based on his draft position or perceived potential. the potential thing is a long way under the bridge at this point.

i just don't understand the apologists. wiggins is a victim of too many coaching changes? well, so is KAT. he was drafted by flip - the switch over to mitchell came early that year, but it was in many ways just an extension of flip because flip was still in the picture at that point. if people have issues with KAT's game, why doesn't the "changing coaches/systems" excuse hold for him too? it doesn't hold because KAT has done very well, thank you.

you don't like KAT's effort - he loafs - he whines - he's not in good shape? yes, but only to a certain extent. he definitely can improve there. but in terms of effort, my god - KAT jostling for position down low, making his move and scoring expends more energy than 10 trips up and down the court for andrew. changing coaches can be an excuse for not finding your place in the offense or defense - but it can't be an excuse for loafing and not giving effort. it is painfully apparent that andrew drifts and meanders thru most of his games with barely a spark of effort. and it's always a big deal when it does happen. whoa! did you see that! that reaction of ours happens because those moments with andrew are rarities. we get used to moments like that from towns.

there's a reason why nearly every team in the league would love to take Karl and his huge contract - and why zero teams in the league would do the same for wiggs. wiggins biggest failure is effort and heart - and no coach can find that in a player if it's simply not there.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Wiggins should have no apologists. There is plenty of gray area between Unfadeable and whoever wants to trade Wiggins with a first for a bucket of football bats. That's where people should be.

Accept that he ain't going anywhere and just hope it starts to click for him on both ends of the floor. I think he'll benefit from a switch everything defense. Maybe less for him to process.

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Interesting that the most recent TWolves FB picture talking about when preseason comes around has KAT and Covington, no Wiggins....
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:40 am Wiggins should have no apologists. There is plenty of gray area between Unfadeable and whoever wants to trade Wiggins with a first for a bucket of football bats. That's where people should be.

Accept that he ain't going anywhere and just hope it starts to click for him on both ends of the floor. I think he'll benefit from a switch everything defense. Maybe less for him to process.
As I said 30 pages back, Wiggins owes us apologies.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:26 pm
T_J wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 pm
memyworld wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Looks like he's lost muscle since the end of the season. Making Booker look jacked (future wolf).
andrew's convinced league domination will be his if he can just get down to around 170.
:lol:
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

j2j wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:40 am Wiggins should have no apologists. There is plenty of gray area between Unfadeable and whoever wants to trade Wiggins with a first for a bucket of football bats. That's where people should be.

I get the feeling Rosas is not a fan. I think he's got his ears to the ground on any potential Wiggins rumblings. Wiggins may have to impress with a sizeable leap in skill, consistency, or smarter play for Rosas to perhaps hold the phone as it were.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like the straight line drives to the hoop in that twitter clip. Less spin moves in the lane, he should be able to protect the ball better.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

That clip didn’t look like Fortnight....
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

His lack of abs, pects, delts, traps, lats, biceps, triceps, quads and calf muscles are the only thing keeping him from reaching that Andre Iguodala ceiling.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Lightning wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:36 am His lack of abs, pects, delts, traps, lats, biceps, triceps, quads and calf muscles are the only thing keeping him from reaching that Andre Iguodala ceiling.
Hasn't held back Durant. Here he is flexing:

Lightning

Post by Lightning »

memyworld wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:42 am
Lightning wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:36 am His lack of abs, pects, delts, traps, lats, biceps, triceps, quads and calf muscles are the only thing keeping him from reaching that Andre Iguodala ceiling.

I stand corrected. New ceiling...Kevin Durant.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

Lightning wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:54 am

I stand corrected. New ceiling...Kevin Durant.
I wonder if anyone has even thought of telling him to be like Kevin Durant? Their first five seasons are so similar...

j2j

Post by j2j »

Kind of like I'm similar to Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:39 am That clip didn’t look like Fortnight....
Servers were down.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Durant is also listed at 240 pounds.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

Freakish length - Check
Incredible handle for his size - Check
Unblockable, feathery smooth jump shot - Check
Killer Instinct - Check

Definitely the new comp is Durant. What did I forget?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 pm Freakish length - Check
Incredible handle for his size - Check
Unblockable, feathery smooth jump shot - Check
Killer Instinct - Check

Definitely the new comp is Durant. What did I forget?
All Wiggins has to improve on in order to become Durant is 2 things...Offense and defense!

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I hate Wiggins as much as the next froob but I do kinda of agree with mlhouse in that, we aren't getting any franchise changing players to come here, our best chance is to maximize Wiggins and hope he can become Rudy Gay on a consistent basis. I know that is a tough thing to hang your hat on, but barring GM miracles, he's the reason we could make the jump.

If the bum comes out listless this season, he should be booed until he cries...not that he'd actually care.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

nothing says superstar like scoring on devin booker at a high school gym pick up game
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

What Lolvine use to post his workout videos, so many of you would be cuming in your pants, there was even a Lolvine swag meter thread.

The wolves post Wigs videos of his putting in work this summer and all there is around here is hate.

Not surprising, Twolves have the worst fan base in the NBA.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
j2j

Post by j2j »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:44 pm What Lolvine use to post his workout videos, so many of you would be cuming in your pants, there was even a Lolvine swag meter thread.

The wolves post Wigs videos of his putting in work this summer and all there is around here is hate.

Not surprising, Twolves have the worst fan base in the NBA.
This guy doesn't get the bit.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:20 pm I hate Wiggins as much as the next froob but I do kinda of agree with mlhouse in that, we aren't getting any franchise changing players to come here, our best chance is to maximize Wiggins and hope he can become Rudy Gay on a consistent basis. I know that is a tough thing to hang your hat on, but barring GM miracles, he's the reason we could make the jump.

If the bum comes out listless this season, he should be booed until he cries...not that he'd actually care.
wiggins is virtually the number one reason why we could make a jump. he's a max player that we absolutely need to show up if we are to do anything. and that's why it's a little depressing. but yeah - no one else on the wolves could have a greater impact on our success than wiggins.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Wiggans
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:57 pmWiggans
Oh shit...
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:57 pmWiggans
Oh shit...
ialto
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.