Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
OliverMiller

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by OliverMiller »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 pm Apparently Wiggins is a homophobe.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2571 ... gay-remark
ESPN has been reckless as hell with this story.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Seenin wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:48 pm Just because you drop the word gay doesn't mean your automatically a homophobe. I hear gay people use gay in the same manner. Wiggins slipped and I don't think anyone should be condemned over it. If he is doing it over and over then its a problem.
This is correct. Maybe Canada is just behind the times on not using the word gay.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Good lord what a moron. :lol:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

That dunk attempt was amazing. He fucking wrecked Noel
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I doubt he meant any harm. I've used that word like that in the past. I've stopped doing so. But I did when I was 23. He owned it and clarified. Take note and move on.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Pacman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:45 pm That dunk attempt was amazing. He fucking wrecked Noel
Yeah. Need to see more of that from him. Not that I want people hurt, but I want to see the attack.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:21 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:17 pm he got me excited watching him tonight. best player on the court - and when has that ever been said about him before? he's averaging 27 ppg in his last 5 - plus has just been so much more engaged and effective defensively. wouldn't it be completely weirdsville if he just started doing this consistently to the point that we no longer bitched about him?
10 rebounds tonight. Led the wolves.

I think the kid might be coming. We need more data points, obviously, before we can think about putting concerns to rest. Remember how great we all felt that first two weeks or so after the Butler trade, things went back to normal after that. So maybe this is a temporary bump and he regresses back to "sleepy" Wiggins. But maybe this is the beginning of the beginning!

We shall see!
He's learning to play again. Butler hurt Wiggins development. He use to stand around waiting for his turn as a role player. Now he can use his god given talents and just play basketball without being berated by Butler. Just my opinion.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

So when does Wiggins become bored and disinterested again? Next game?
witljon

Post by witljon »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:00 pm So when does Wiggins become bored and disinterested again? Next game?
Well, for a lot of em around here, if he has a cold night shooting, it was because he was bored and disinterested.
Tony Bongwater

Post by Tony Bongwater »

Hes coming around. RD2 wasnt nearly as comprehensive as GT5 so it was a long walk of a short pier and fortnite bitches are..still so.... so....
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am Typical Wiggins fashion, when motivated, he can do great things. Matchups against Lebron, prime time TV, in honor of Flip/Ryan. It's the Wednesday games against Brooklyn on a 3 game road trip that he needs to bring the same energy. Basically what we have said for 5 years. If it continues the rest of the season, I'll happily eat crow but 4+ years of evidence suggests otherwise.

GO WOLVES!
unfortunately it's not as easy to figure out as that. the nov 24 chicago game was such an abomination - 0 pts on 0 for 12 and 1 rebound in nearly 30 mins. and it was the matchup against lavine - you know, time to show the world who the better player is. so - no - i don't think andrew is as easy to figure out as "he plays well in certain situations against certain players but doesn't care the rest of the time". and maybe it's better that way - i'd rather try to figure out how to get consistent effort out of him thru the drudge of an 82 game season, rather than try to rewire his brain to not only care about big games.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

oof, Wiggy. Be a bit more careful with your words.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Brett wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:44 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 pm oof, Wiggy. Be a bit more careful with your words.
Nah remember schroders blonde hair patch? Dude looked like he was about to start voguing.
:roll:
witljon

Post by witljon »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 pm oof, Wiggy. Be a bit more careful with your words.
Yes, people get offended much much more easily nowa days.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Brett wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:38 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 am

Nah remember schroders blonde hair patch? Dude looked like he was about to start voguing.
Theres a gif of schroder grabbing demarcus cousins nutsack and holding on for dear life. EXPLAIN THAT FELLA. Checkmate.
Why would I have to explain that?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hard to believe there are actually dopes here who think that Mr. Lazy is going to turn it around now and become a star just because young Ryan has motivated him. Yes, we may see a 2 or 3 game spark, but once a lazy SOB, always a lazy SOB. Enjoy the next game or two though!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Brett wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:38 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 am

Theres a gif of schroder grabbing demarcus cousins nutsack and holding on for dear life. EXPLAIN THAT FELLA. Checkmate.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Wiggins also didn't say gay either
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Pacman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm Wiggins also didn't say gay either
ESPN still has a story that reads, "Hours after he called Oklahoma City Thunder guard Dennis Schroder 'gay'"
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 am Hard to believe there are actually dopes here who think that Mr. Lazy is going to turn it around now and become a star just because young Ryan has motivated him. Yes, we may see a 2 or 3 game spark, but once a lazy SOB, always a lazy SOB. Enjoy the next game or two though!
We will see, if he does not play hard now and change then you get rid of him in the offseason
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Mr. Unfadeable has a very nice disguise.

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 am Hard to believe there are actually dopes here who think that Mr. Lazy is going to turn it around now and become a star just because young Ryan has motivated him. Yes, we may see a 2 or 3 game spark, but once a lazy SOB, always a lazy SOB. Enjoy the next game or two though!
I overestimated things...Lazy can't even get things going for 1 quarter!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

Silversword wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 am I apologize Sir Andrew. Great game last night... Great Great Game!!!!
I officially withdraw the apology I posted after the OKC game.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

wiggins didn't win or lose the game last night - he had hustle lapses, but nothing like the past. posted 17 pts on a bit over 41% - 1 of 2 threes - hit both his FTs - 6 rebounds - 3 assists - a steal and 2 blocks. save your bitching for when he actually has a crappy game.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Didn't even notice he was on the court down the stretch last night.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm
Pacman wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm Wiggins also didn't say gay either
ESPN still has a story that reads, "Hours after he called Oklahoma City Thunder guard Dennis Schroder 'gay'"
Probably because he called him gay. Have you not watched the video? Do your ears not work?
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

I might be one of the biggest Andrew haters on this board but he has actually played 6-7 good games in a row... I'll call last night good because he was aggressive and played both ends. Even the best have off nights shooting.

I'm still a skeptic but I'm hopeful he is turning the corner... this might be the best effort stretch of his career.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

T_J wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 am Didn't even notice he was on the court down the stretch last night.
The only thing I was annoyed by is he is starting fall back in love with the long 2 again
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 pm
T_J wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 am Didn't even notice he was on the court down the stretch last night.
The only thing I was annoyed by is he is starting fall back in love with the long 2 again
They weren’t going to Wiggins because KAT could not be stopped by the other team. Hard to call Wiggins # when it was clear KAT was the guy who should have been option A, B and C.

Saunders is going to be good for these guys.