Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wigs has averaged 27 ppg the last 5 games and playing great defense.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 pm Wiggins 40-10-4 and blocked Paul George in the final two minutes

Moses, Shafa, Flex, Decker, etc all noobs who still need to continue and learn the game.
Add in Zeltigesit to this list of lost basketball knowledge souls, I’m trying to save.
You and Trump share a lot of qualities, misinformation campaigns based on cherry picked data.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

I personally thought the offensive rebound at the end of the game was as impressive as all the points. That was a want to board in traffic with the game in balance. Then got the free throws....and I dug the Noel KO drive, with the exception of the injury.

He isn’t going to score 40 many times, but if he keeps up with the hard effort plays, his talent will show in the numbers.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

zeitgeist wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:52 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 pm Wiggins 40-10-4 and blocked Paul George in the final two minutes

Moses, Shafa, Flex, Decker, etc all noobs who still need to continue and learn the game.
Add in Zeltigesit to this list of lost basketball knowledge souls, I’m trying to save.
You and Trump share a lot of qualities, misinformation campaigns based on cherry picked data.
“Trump” or “your logic is broken” are Zeitgeist’s go-to phrases when he’s mad.
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

I apologize Sir Andrew. Great game last night... Great Great Game!!!!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:55 pm Wigs has averaged 27 ppg the last 5 games and playing great defense.
Where's Decker at?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the rebounding was such a shock - we are so used to him not extending himself in that way. but last night was a bright light shining on what he's capable of when he does put himself in the mix for a rebound. some were cupcake rebounds, sure - but some were really tough rebounds that wiggins came away with ONLY because he's such a great athlete. and they proved to be important boards that helped us get the win.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:42 am
zeitgeist wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:52 pm

“Trump” or “your logic is broken” are Zeitgeist’s go-to phrases when he’s mad.
If the shoe fits...

When you're mad you edit your posts 100 times.

It is true though, that I get mad at people who spread misinformation.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 amIf the shoe fits...

:roll:

You wear that shoe well.

I think iteratively and edit almost all the time. Continuous improvement, me boy! :thumbsup:

You have a hard time seeing Wiggins excel because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Therefore you almost always ignore any good play from him.

You are heavily biased.

Any thoughts on last night’s Wiggins performance? Any non-Trump thoughts?
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

He looked fantastic and was a pleasure to watch. More please!
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 am

You wear that shoe well.

I think iteratively and edit almost all the time. Continuous improvement, me boy! :thumbsup:

You have a hard time seeing Wiggins excel because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Therefore you almost always ignore any good play from him.

You are heavily biased.

Continuous improvement yet your basketball analysis is stuck in the 1970s. :lol:

Wiggins played great last night, in the grand scheme of an 82 game season though, it's a rounding error, it's inconsequential.

My "narrative" doesn't cherry pick small sample sizes, I look at the larger picture. Your narrative is shaped around ever moving goal posts.

OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

I see he's getting roasted for using gay as a slur. He mumbles more than anyone in the world so I definitely could believe he was saying getting, but I definitely hear gay.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:18 am I see he's getting roasted for using gay as a slur. He mumbles more than anyone in the world so I definitely could believe he was saying getting, but I definitely hear gay.
15-20 years ago it was totally normal... and people still loved/supported gay people who said it! I'm waiting for Jana Shortal to jump on this one.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I laugh at Unfadeable who was singing Wiggins praises during his 30+ shitty games this season. The game he had last night was what we should expect from him, yet Unf is ok with mediocre effort. :lol: If anything, you need to learn the game.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 pm This was arguably his best game of his career. Dominating both ends of the floor.

I just don’t want to wait once every five years for this effort. It’s up to Andrew - he needs to want it. Maybe Ryan can somehow will that out of him? I doubt it, but fantastic game.
Once in five years... hmmm :irked:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am I laugh at Unfadeable who was singing Wiggins praises during his 30+ shitty games this season. The game he had last night was what we should expect from him, yet Unf is ok with mediocre effort. :lol: If anything, you need to learn the game.
Should expect 40 and 10. You are an idiot.

And some day I will find you.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:06 am
thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 am

You wear that shoe well.

You are heavily biased.

Continuous improvement yet your basketball analysis is stuck in the 1970s. :lol:

Wiggins played great last night, in the grand scheme of an 82 game season though, it's a rounding error, it's inconsequential.

My "narrative" doesn't cherry pick small sample sizes, I look at the larger picture. Your narrative is shaped around ever moving goal posts.
You’re narrative is already decided.

My narrative is still being written.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

kilkenny wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am I laugh at Unfadeable who was singing Wiggins praises during his 30+ shitty games this season. The game he had last night was what we should expect from him, yet Unf is ok with mediocre effort. :lol: If anything, you need to learn the game.
As long as the expectation is tied to effort and the understanding is even players giving maximum effort don't always get results like last nights game. The challenge I see with Wiggins detractors is there is a willingness to beat him up if the results are not their, despite what appears to be an improvement to his effort. I will acknowledge however that he has had a few red herring games that absolutely need to be eliminated, most recently the no jersey game, but those appear to be much fewer and much farther between.....
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Wiggin's haters will continue to hate but won't give any credit and still need to continue to learn the game.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:59 am
As long as the expectation is tied to effort and the understanding is even players giving maximum effort don't always get results like last nights game. The challenge I see with Wiggins detractors is there is a willingness to beat him up if the results are not their, despite what appears to be an improvement to his effort. I will acknowledge however that he has had a few red herring games that absolutely need to be eliminated, most recently the no jersey game, but those appear to be much fewer and much farther between.....
i agree with this. some days the shots fall, some days they don't. but if wiggins can give great effort - okogie-like effort as one rube wrote - then good things will happen. at this point, i don't think his handle will get any better, and we're probably stuck with his bad hands - but those negatives will be outweighed by the positives... as long as he understands it's all about effort.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:51 am You’re narrative is already decided.

My narrative is still being written.
:lol: Did you see ATOM is back?
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 am
Should expect 40 and 10. You are an idiot.

And some day I will find you.
How's your trade Towns campaign going? :lol:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Typical Wiggins fashion, when motivated, he can do great things. Matchups against Lebron, prime time TV, in honor of Flip/Ryan. It's the Wednesday games against Brooklyn on a 3 game road trip that he needs to bring the same energy. Basically what we have said for 5 years. If it continues the rest of the season, I'll happily eat crow but 4+ years of evidence suggests otherwise.

GO WOLVES!
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am Typical Wiggins fashion, when motivated, he can do great things. Matchups against Lebron, prime time TV, in honor of Flip/Ryan. It's the Wednesday games against Brooklyn on a 3 game road trip that he needs to bring the same energy. Basically what we have said for 5 years. If it continues the rest of the season, I'll happily eat crow but 4+ years of evidence suggests otherwise.

GO WOLVES!
I agree with you, if he plays like this and gets us to the playoffs then all is forgiven.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Might as well discuss this here and not a new thread...

If Wiggins plays as an all-star moving forward, Covington isn't damaged goods after Thibs got a hold of him and Towns keeps doing what he's been doing for a month, how good is this team? I think it's obvious Saunders is gonna let Saric play more and possibly close out games.

Teague/Tyus/Rose
Wiggins/Okogie
Covington/Tolliver
Saric/Gibson
Towns/Dieng

Ceiling?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:58 pm Might as well discuss this here and not a new thread...

If Wiggins plays as an all-star moving forward, Covington isn't damaged goods after Thibs got a hold of him and Towns keeps doing what he's been doing for a month, how good is this team? I think it's obvious Saunders is gonna let Saric play more and possibly close out games.

Teague/Tyus/Rose
Wiggins/Okogie
Covington/Tolliver
Saric/Gibson
Towns/Dieng

Ceiling?
If the Wiggins rubix cube is unlocked by Ryan then

#1 he deserves a statue infront of Target Center

#2 with now 2 allstars, the Wolves should comfortably be a top 4 seed

Then it depends on how far Towns and Wigs ascend after that.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:12 am
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Wiggin's haters will continue to hate but won't give any credit and still need to continue to learn the game.
Who isn't giving him credit right now?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Hard to root for this lazy POS ^
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Just because you drop the word gay doesn't mean your automatically a homophobe. I hear gay people use gay in the same manner. Wiggins slipped and I don't think anyone should be condemned over it. If he is doing it over and over then its a problem.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth