Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by somuchyummy »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:49 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 am
T_J wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 am Anyone think all the blowback he's getting is affecting his play? He's got a phone and can read all this negative shit. I don't have a real point here and it doesn't help his case but he seems like he's lacking a competitive edge anyway. Now everyone is tearing him down and I'm sure he hears it. Is that in his head and making him even worse?
I highly, highly doubt that.
“I’m not frustrated. I don’t get too worked up,” Wiggins said. “We have the next game in a couple days. I just gotta get some extra shots up, get some free throws up, and I’ll be back to normal. I’ve been shooting good this year, cool this year. It’ll be good.”
He's all over social media, he hears it. He likely doesn't care what people think but the comment about shitty fans booing means he knows it's out there.
because his first love isn't basketball, i don't think he cares. if he really cared about the game deeply and his "place" in it, then i think criticism would cut more. but unfortunately, i think andrew feels - because of his insane contract - that every night is a win. it's another $370,000 in the bank.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Remember when Zach said Wiggins is a better dunker than him, but he just only does it in practices.. :thinking:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Glenn is a dumbass for not letting Thibs trade Wiggins to Chicago :thinking:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

That makes me sad watching. Wiggins should be able to do those things, but chooses not to.
Let's get Tropical
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Another win without max player Wiggy...5-3 without him
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

.625 winning percentage without the lazy bum
.458 winning percentage with the lazy bum
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:06 pm Another win without max player Wiggy...5-3 without him
I'm shocked they beat the Knicks at home. :lol:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:47 am
T_J wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:43 am Anyone think all the blowback he's getting is affecting his play? He's got a phone and can read all this negative shit. I don't have a real point here and it doesn't help his case but he seems like he's lacking a competitive edge anyway. Now everyone is tearing him down and I'm sure he hears it. Is that in his head and making him even worse?
I highly, highly doubt that.
“I’m not frustrated. I don’t get too worked up,” Wiggins said. “We have the next game in a couple days. I just gotta get some extra shots up, get some free throws up, and I’ll be back to normal. I’ve been shooting good this year, cool this year. It’ll be good.”
He thinks he's been shooting "good" and "cool" this year. Is he talking about shooting in practice, maybe?

Yikes.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

It is reasonable for a player to play himself out of a starting spot, correct? It happens in NFL and MLB all the time.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

qrocks wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:39 pm It is reasonable for a player to play himself out of a starting spot, correct? It happens in NFL and MLB all the time.
Not for max players. When's the last time a person on a max contract was permanently benched?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm
qrocks wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:39 pm It is reasonable for a player to play himself out of a starting spot, correct? It happens in NFL and MLB all the time.
Not for max players. When's the last time a person on a max contract was permanently benched?
Gordon Hayward?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 pm
Gordon Hayward?
I suppose you got me there although that is more because of his injury than playing like absolute shit for so long.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Gordon Hayward?
I suppose you got me there although that is more because of his injury than playing like absolute shit for so long.
Not trying to make excuses for Wiggins' shitty play but there are some turd contracts out there for other teams too.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I've been trying to think all day of who it was, but I swore there was somebody who got the amnesty provision used on them before their extension had even kicked in.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

T_J wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm I've been trying to think all day of who it was, but I swore there was somebody who got the amnesty provision used on them before their extension had even kicked in.
I remember Arenas was owed a lot of money way back.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

T_J wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm I've been trying to think all day of who it was, but I swore there was somebody who got the amnesty provision used on them before their extension had even kicked in.
Didn't Bynum sign a monster, then get dealt and waived within a span of, like, 6 months?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Amare Stoudamire?
Let's get Tropical
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 pm
Didn't Bynum sign a monster, then get dealt and waived within a span of, like, 6 months?
2 years 25 but I think the second year was not guaranteed. He played out his second contract with the Lakers and then final year of the deal was in Philly but never logged a minute.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:56 pm
Amare Stoudamire?
He got waived year 5 of his 5 for 100 deal with the Knicks.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Closest I could find was Travis Outlaw was in year 2 of a 5 for 35 deal
T_J

Post by T_J »

Ha I'm probably crazy.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Denver: Chris Andersen, 2012-13, $9.3 million over two years.

Golden State: Charlie Bell, 2011-12, $4.1 million.

Houston: Luis Scola, 2012-13, $17.1 million over three years (claimed by Phoenix, which bid $13.52 million).

Indiana: James Posey, 2011-12, $7.6 million.

LA Clippers: Ryan Gomes, 2012-13, $4 million.

Minnesota: Darko Millicic, 2012-13, $5.2 million.

New York: Chauncey Billups, 2011-12, $12.2 million (claimed by Clippers, who bid $2 million).

New Jersey: Travis Outlaw, 2011-12, $12 million over three years (claimed by Sacramento, which bid $12 million).

Orlando: Gilbert Arena, 2011-12, $60.8 million over three years.

Philadelphia: Elton Brand, 2012-13, $16.1 million (claimed by Dallas, which bid $2.1 million).

Phoenix: Josh Childress, 2012-13, $20.9 million over three years.

Portland: Brandon Roy, 2011-12, $64.4 million over four years.

Washington: Andray Blatche, 2012-13, $23.2 million over three years.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

4 of those players have played for the Wolves, lols.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 am 4 of those players have played for the Wolves, lols.
Thanks for bringing up Dorko :gun:

That he a stain that will never be wiped clean from this franchise.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

The funny part is, the contracts are chump change compared to today's NBA.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it's all relative though. what was the cap back then? and what were the broadcast contracts worth?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Is he playing tonight
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 am 4 of those players have played for the Wolves, lols.

He in the Wiggins mold, did not try consistently.

But he is better than Wiggs because he was not on a MAX deal
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:20 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 am

He in the Wiggins mold, did not try consistently.

But he is better than Wiggs because he was not on a MAX deal
i think wigs could use a new nickname - something along the lines of darko's "manna from heaven" thing.

how about "poutine from a tin can" ?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

The sad thing is, I gave Wiggins so much of the benefit of the doubt, but he's lost me as a supporter.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:47 pm Remember when Zach said Wiggins is a better dunker than him, but he just only does it in practices.. :thinking:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Glenn is a dumbass for not letting Thibs trade Wiggins to Chicago :thinking:
Your Hero Thibbs tried to trade LaVine and Dunn the night they Drafted Dunn for Butler. The next season he traded Dunn, LaVine and another top ten pick for Butler.

Thibbs helped Wiggins get the Max Contract.

Get your story right.

All Thibbs Does Is Win!!! :lol:
Last edited by jodaman01 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.