Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Contract wise, I would jump on trading Wiggins for Lowry.

That said, it would be the sole reason I would make that trade as Lowry is old, has injury concerns, and has declined in production and will continue to as time goes on.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 am Oh shit, I think WIggins is serious about getting good in his 6th season guys :clap:

Sleep walking = confidence?
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
j2j

Post by j2j »

Wiggins won't be traded. It's silly that people keep hoping for that. Best we can hope for is marginal improvement in defense and perimeter shooting, plus an offensive scheme that doesn't focus on him trying to back guys down from half court.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
T_J

Post by T_J »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:51 am Contract wise, I would jump on trading Wiggins for Lowry.

That said, it would be the sole reason I would make that trade as Lowry is old, has injury concerns, and has declined in production and will continue to as time goes on.
I've seen this suggestion a few times. I don't get why Toronto would do that. If Kawhi leaves, they're going to just retool around Siakam. Why would they want to add Wiggins' huge salary into a rebuild?
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Sid Hartman wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:17 am Lol guarantee his first shot of the season is a contested mid range jumper.
I don't think you'll see a lot of those under Rosas. Here's hoping...
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

T_J wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 am
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:51 am Contract wise, I would jump on trading Wiggins for Lowry.

I've seen this suggestion a few times. I don't get why Toronto would do that. If Kawhi leaves, they're going to just retool around Siakam. Why would they want to add Wiggins' huge salary into a rebuild?
Not sure why they would add Wiggins financially as the main reason around that I’ve read was the whole appeal of bringing Wiggins home to Canada.

As for wanting to retool around Siakam, I just don’t get the fascination with him.

Not saying Siakam sucks, but I’ve seen him play quite a bit and nothing he does impresses, much less makes me believe he will be this franchise cornerstone. I could be wrong, but he just doesn’t seem to be worth the hype that so many of the media like to label him as.

Regarding Lowry, even if they don’t go full rebuild and do decide to retool, I wouldn’t hedge my bets that they wouldn’t move Lowry in some fashion, especially if they find a deal they really like.

Toronto will be fun to watch this offseason.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

My feeling is, Wiggins is too complacent here. He will probably never succeed here but if he was traded, it might light a fire under his butt and he'd end up becoming a decent player.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:28 am My feeling is, Wiggins is too complacent here. He will probably never succeed here but if he was traded, it might light a fire under his butt and he'd end up becoming a decent player.
He got to play with zero expectations for 3 years. The last two years, we wanted more and he gave less.

He's the Leroy Hoard of the Wolves.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:28 am My feeling is, Wiggins is too complacent here. He will probably never succeed here but if he was traded, it might light a fire under his butt and he'd end up becoming a decent player.
I think he would be perfect on the Spurs, they have rich mans Wiggins (Rudy G)
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Andrew Wiggins’ scoring average went from 17.3 ppg to 18.9 ppg under Ryan Saunders and his rebounding average went from 3.9 rpg to 5.7 rpg.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:12 pm Andrew Wiggins’ scoring average went from 17.3 ppg to 18.9 ppg under Ryan Saunders and his rebounding average went from 3.9 rpg to 5.7 rpg.
Garbage time stats.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins, Towns, Teague, and the crew are in town training

Good things coming!
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

T_J wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:17 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:12 pm Andrew Wiggins’ scoring average went from 17.3 ppg to 18.9 ppg under Ryan Saunders and his rebounding average went from 3.9 rpg to 5.7 rpg.
Garbage time stats.
Seriously, Wiggins started playing well as soon as we were eliminated from the playoffs. I wonder why? More time for Fortnite?
witljon

Post by witljon »

Im expecting Wiggins to have his best year this upcoming season.
Not an all-star year, but his best year.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

witljon wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:07 pm Im expecting Wiggins to have his best year this upcoming season.
I think that may be everyone's "expectations". Guess we'll have to wait and see if he develops any kind of love for the game and drive for winning.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

witljon wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:07 pm Im expecting Wiggins to have his best year this upcoming season.
Why not an allstar?
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 am
Why not an allstar?
The bar for Wiggins will be higher to make the All Star Team. His underperformance is the only thing they talk about when the Wolves have National TV games, even when he performs well.

Just having a half season of All Star like #’s wouldn’t change the minds of a heavily skeptic national audience, just as it wouldn’t for many here.

At this point he could put up a whole season of All Star stats, and then play bad for the last week, and most here including you would say - “see he still sucks, one great season doesn’t make up for the previous ones....trade him for gym socks.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Why not an allstar?
0 chance he makes it unless maybe 20 wings in front of him get injured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NBA_All-Star_Game

Who is he getting in over? Curry? :lol: Harden? :lol: Westbrook? :lol: Lillard? :lol: Thompson? :lol:

It's fun to say in a vacuum that Wiggins could become an all-star next year but the reality is that he is extremely far away even if he massively improves next year.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
T_J

Post by T_J »

Is it irony that we did everything we could not to have a KG/Steph situation again and in this case it would have been better if Wiggins (Steph) had asked out?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am
Why not an allstar?
The bar for Wiggins will be higher to make the All Star Team. His underperformance is the only thing they talk about when the Wolves have National TV games, even when he performs well.

Just having a half season of All Star like #’s wouldn’t change the minds of a heavily skeptic national audience, just as it wouldn’t for many here.

At this point he could put up a whole season of All Star stats, and then play bad for the last week, and most here including you would say - “see he still sucks, one great season doesn’t make up for the previous ones....trade him for gym socks.”
Agreed. Even if he plays at an all-star level, you usually have to perform at that level for a full year before you get the nod. It might take even longer for Andrew since he's earned the label of a disappointment so far in his career. It will take time to shed that.

I don't really care about his total production. We've got enough scorers to pick up slack. I want to see him continue to improve on defense and become efficient on offense. Volume doesn't matter to me. Efficiency does.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The negativity of this fan base is sickening, I won’t be surprised if Karl decides to leave when his contract is up. The comments to this post by the team by the fans is disheartening
T_J

Post by T_J »

If Karl wants to leave it's because his video game bff puts up shit like this and contribute nothing to wins. I think he actually plays better in losses.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... plits/2019
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

This reminds me of when some wolves fans use to rip Rubio at target center for clanking shots and I remember sitting behind the bench and hearing Lavine yell “Shut the fuck up bitch”

Those fair weather fans shut up real quick.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 pm This reminds me of when some wolves fans use to rip Rubio at target center for clanking shots and I remember sitting behind the bench and hearing Lavine yell “Shut the fuck up bitch”

It's not called show-friends, it's show-bidness.

You'd rather have them suck and be best buddies. Nice loser mentality just like Wiggins.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:00 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 pm This reminds me of when some wolves fans use to rip Rubio at target center for clanking shots and I remember sitting behind the bench and hearing Lavine yell “Shut the fuck up bitch”

You'd rather have them suck and be best buddies. Nice loser mentality just like Wiggins.
Moral of the story is that these players support & respect each other a lot. They will stick up for one another. KAT already stated he didn’t like it when fans booed the team at home last season. New PBO, new coach, new era, we should be positive & uplifting. Not degrading one another. The world already tears us down enough; we shouldn’t be doing it to each other.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I'm happy to degrade where degrading is necessary.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Taking names right now who is with or against Wigs and the team
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:08 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Moral of the story is that these players support & respect each other a lot. They will stick up for one another. KAT already stated he didn’t like it when fans booed the team at home last season. New PBO, new coach, new era, we should be positive & uplifting. Not degrading one another. The world already tears us down enough; we shouldn’t be doing it to each other.
So play better? :idea:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

"Jimmy Butler is mean, he's a jerk, I don't care if we were winning and sitting at a 3 seed, he's a big meanie."

But this will be a good test for these millennial pussies. No Thibs, no Jimmy, no uncertainty. 45 wins or shut the fuck up and admit you suck.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

This season is really Wiggins final chance here. If you can't play the style Rosas' wants and produce/give it your all for your friend in Coach Saunders, he needs to go.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.