Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Joboo

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by Joboo »

I will say this it does feel a little different this time around now that the negative Butler situation is over. I just hope this is a new Andrew not the one that is awesome a couple times and then sucks like the next 5.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like Andrew. His stroke from downtown is encouraging. He's shooting 41.2% on 5.7 APG from 3. And these are all when his feet are set on the perimeter or he's coming off a screen by Karl or Taj and can let loose behind em.

He does need to eliminate the 2's or just the off balance shots in general. But he has a great stroke when he's set and in position to shoot.

The activity defensively we saw come through last year and hes ramping back up to that it seems. Averaging about 2 STLs a game.

He touches the ball a lot more just during possessions without Butler. So does Karl. So does everybody. It has to be easier when everyone is passing and looking for the best shot on offense. That stuff breeds confidence. And Andrew has always seem to be a confidence player.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

His handle has appears to have gotten more sloppy this year, but perhaps that's with playing so much off the ball when Jimmy was here.

When he's in traffic, that ball certainly has a tendency to pop out. Hope he can clean that up.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

YBBR wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:32 pm I like Andrew. His stroke from downtown is encouraging. He's shooting 41.2% on 5.7 APG from 3. And these are all when his feet are set on the perimeter or he's coming off a screen by Karl or Taj and can let loose behind em.

He does need to eliminate the 2's or just the off balance shots in general. But he has a great stroke when he's set and in position to shoot.

The activity defensively we saw come through last year and hes ramping back up to that it seems. Averaging about 2 STLs a game.

He touches the ball a lot more just during possessions without Butler. So does Karl. So does everybody. It has to be easier when everyone is passing and looking for the best shot on offense. That stuff breeds confidence. And Andrew has always seem to be a confidence player.
He’s had a couple of assists that have ended for naught when Teague for some bizarre reason was afraid to take a wide open three. Last night late in the game Teague finally took and made a couple wide open threes and you could see the look of total relief on his face. Take the shots guys, they are all helping each other get some much better looks right now than at any time in Thibbs time here.....take the damn shot.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:00 am Every year, I've seen a good month from Andrew only to be followed by two bad ones. We'll have to wait and see if this is the time where he's more consistent.
I’m a Wiggins booster at this point and hoping for Jim and KAT to step up and develop into the leaders and soul of this team, but I agree with this.

Wiggins has shown to be streaky and when he is on a high you can ride him, but he then goes low.....real low. I am hoping for the consistency you are. It needs to be where there are highs but the lows aren’t so low and don’t last as long.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am How many times have we seen this? Wiggins will have a good game 2 or maybe three times a year and he goes back to the same lazy, overpaid, under achieving POS, for the remaining 79 games.

Wiggins fan boy's get all excited when he has a good game and they hang on to it like their life depends on it. I would love to see Wiggins live up to his potential. But he won't. That dunk the other night got me out of my seat... He doesn't have it in him to be that guy night in and night out.

And if HHM feels the need to tell me to eat poop every time Wiggins has a good game I'll take it. Only if I can tell him to eat my poop for the 79 other games.

P.S. Unfadeable - You really need to get a grip. Stop telling people to learn the game and they don't know basketball. We're all hoop heads, that's why we are here. The fact you are holding on to this Wiggins dream of him becoming the next MJ is creepy. Don't be afraid to talk about his negatives along with the few positives. We're all here to do the same thing. Talk about the game we love.
You should be banned. You made a bet and you're still here. You posted a thread about a rube dying and it was a lie. The list continues to grow.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:53 pm
Decker23 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am How many times have we seen this? Wiggins will have a good game 2 or maybe three times a year and he goes back to the same lazy, overpaid, under achieving POS, for the remaining 79 games.

Wiggins fan boy's get all excited when he has a good game and they hang on to it like their life depends on it. I would love to see Wiggins live up to his potential. But he won't. That dunk the other night got me out of my seat... He doesn't have it in him to be that guy night in and night out.

And if HHM feels the need to tell me to eat poop every time Wiggins has a good game I'll take it. Only if I can tell him to eat my poop for the 79 other games.

P.S. Unfadeable - You really need to get a grip. Stop telling people to learn the game and they don't know basketball. We're all hoop heads, that's why we are here. The fact you are holding on to this Wiggins dream of him becoming the next MJ is creepy. Don't be afraid to talk about his negatives along with the few positives. We're all here to do the same thing. Talk about the game we love.
You should be banned. You made a bet and you're still here. You posted a thread about a rube dying and it was a lie. The list continues to grow.
Dude let it go. There is enough funny stuff to mock him for with his Wigs has the most negative value in the league, untradable, never will get better stuff. If he goes away who we gonna kill about that? Well, like 20 other guys but not as fun.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

He is absolutely atrocious. Okogie gives us a better chance to win at a fraction of the cost. We are stuck with the lazy piece of shit though because there is not one team that would take him. Not one
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Wiggins not good against Grizzlies. He needs to learn how to get to line when his jumper isn't falling. He had open looks against Grizz and couldnt make them pay
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:21 pm Wiggins not good against Grizzlies. He needs to learn how to get to line when his jumper isn't falling. He had open looks against Grizz and couldnt make them pay
He was getting stuffed or striped constantly whenever he went into the lane tonight
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:33 pm
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:21 pm Wiggins not good against Grizzlies. He needs to learn how to get to line when his jumper isn't falling. He had open looks against Grizz and couldnt make them pay
He was getting stuffed or striped constantly whenever he went into the lane tonight
True. But I would argue driving hard and creating contact helps create space from getting blocked. But he is really into finessing everything.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:38 pm
True. But I would argue driving hard and creating contact helps create space from getting blocked. But he is really into finessing everything.
Wiggins is having the same problem driving and finishing early in his career that Brewer had, believe it or not.

If you’ll remember, young Brewer was an AWFUL driver/finisher for one reason: he ALWAYS put the ball on his hip as a part of his big windup to get off the ground. The result is that the ball was routinely incredibly easy to strip, and strip it defenders did.

The solution is to borrow from Magic Johnson and move that ball all over hell DURING your two step drive. You get fouled or you make it to the rim, where your finishing rate goes way up.

Brewer did exactly this. This unpredictable driving technique turned Brewer from an atrocious finisher to an excellent one. Brewer is now essentially know as this player with unpredictable yet consistent finishing skills.

Long story longer, Wiggins keeps the ball very low way too late in his drives, and predictably so. Again, the solution is to keep the ball high and moving during your two step drives. Ball fake the shit out of it, a la Magic Johnson.

Wiggins can easily do this If he watches some Magic tape, and—laugh all you want—even some prime Brewer tape. For example, Brewer’s 51 point game. He was holding the ball up and all around and finishing everything as a result. Check it out. Almost every finish begins with the ball held high:

https://youtu.be/vC1srGqOrK4

Basically, Wiggins needs to hold the ball up high sooner on his drives and he’ll shoot more and better shots at the rim.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Don't be so bitter yo.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Don't be so bitter yo.
Stick to a bet otherwise GTFO. :lol:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I felt it was the right set of refs for Memphis. They could get away with the reach in foul.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Don't be so bitter yo.
No thank you. :mrgreen:

Feel free to take your own advice though. :lol:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Unless Lazy Boy is willing to work hard, none of this matters.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am

Don't be so bitter yo.

What bet did I make?
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 am

What bet did I make?
What bet did I make?
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

Another wonderful egg by sir Andrew the Lionhearted - what'd he have 1 rebound and 2 assists in 36 minutes to go along with 25% shooting. There's no way Okogie could hope to match those numbers.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

2 fucking rebounds, if you are not scoring then HUSTLE you piece of GARBAGE..
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Just give Andrew time guys. He is going to be legendary!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:34 pm Just give Andrew time guys. He is going to be legendary!
5 years in and still no sign of any effort when his shot is not falling
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Sid Hartman wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 pm
Decker23 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:34 pm Just give Andrew time guys. He is going to be legendary!
Be patient Sid... He'll be worth the money. Mark my words.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:46 pm
He had a off day. Cripes.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Wish his bloated contract would find its way to someone else’s salary cap
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Silversword

Post by Silversword »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Off Day... Off Week... Off Month... Off Season... Off Career
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:48 pm

:lol:
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I'm officially posting my apology about Andrew here. Is this the place to do it?

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins vs Lavine tonight
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine