Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
morneaumvp

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by morneaumvp »

2nd 4th quarter benching in a row, I love that Thibs is not taking his bullshit anymore. :lol:

Come ready to play hard like Rocco, or sit your ass down
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

morneaumvp wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 pm 2nd 4th quarter benching in a row, I love that Thibs is not taking his bullshit anymore. :lol:

Come ready to play hard like Rocco, or sit your ass down
:thumbsup:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

TrueBlue wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 am I'm so glad we traded Butler for Andrew Wiggins, KAT, Covington and Saric.
Well said.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

He played a pretty decent game tonight. Pretty good bounce back. Liked his energy and how he competed.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:24 am
The dude is a disgrace, Decker and Butler were right about him
Thank you. Much respect bro.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
populousample

Post by populousample »

Wiggins is currently a sell at the deadline. Either he needs a change of scenery or we need a new coach to change it for him here.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
j2j

Post by j2j »

Butler took Wiggins's talent to Philly like a fucking Monstar. We need to call Bugs, Daffy, and Bill Murray for help.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Decker23 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:00 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:24 am
The dude is a disgrace, Decker and Butler were right about him
Thank you. Much respect bro.
Ran into Bill Burr in Chicago, he asked me if I knew Decker.

Wiggins is balls.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:20 pm He played a pretty decent game tonight. Pretty good bounce back. Liked his energy and how he competed.
His defense was solid tonight. Only took 10 shots.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

j2j wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:28 pm Butler took Wiggins's talent to Philly like a fucking Monstar. We need to call Bugs, Daffy, and Bill Murray for help.
Its a shame, he used to atleast get up for his 3 big matchups including Toronto and Cleveland now we get allstar Wiggins for zero matchups :lol:
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

I was raking leaves in the cold last night during the game and on a plane today so my only updates on the game are from these threads...

It is sad and amazing if Wiggins got benched in Q4 two straight games. I guess if Thibs is going down with the ship, he is going down with his type of players. I respect that.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

Too early for a bump here?

I've been saying it all year. Transforming from an offensive minded player to a defensive minded player doesn't happen overnight.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

t_wrex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 pm Too early for a bump here?

I've been saying it all year. Transforming from an offensive minded player to a defensive minded player doesn't happen overnight.
Player of the game against a team we really needed to beat. Amazing how stupid, freaked out everyone has gone about him while we are winning at a .600 pace since the trade. No one's role has adjusted more over the last 2 years than Wigs. It's happened like 5 times and he's probably the guy who can adapt least. He's an obviously better player than the one who averaged like 23 points. What's changed is his role. Plenty of time to let him adjust without pitching a daily fit WHEN WE ARE WINNING.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

So that was the weekly effort game. At least he was properly used as a forth option last night.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

So many drives to the basket, too bad that's not every night. It almost looks like he's expecting to get hammered and with all the no calls for a couple years, he looks a bit afraid.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

I won't apologize, but I'll say, "Thanks for bringing the energy and effort last night. Keep it up. Earn that money."

Only two shots inside the arch and outside the paint last night (6-11). I'd love to see more of that.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:29 pm
t_wrex wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 pm Too early for a bump here?

Player of the game against a team we really needed to beat. Amazing how stupid, freaked out everyone has gone about him while we are winning at a .600 pace since the trade. No one's role has adjusted more over the last 2 years than Wigs. It's happened like 5 times and he's probably the guy who can adapt least. He's an obviously better player than the one who averaged like 23 points. What's changed is his role. Plenty of time to let him adjust without pitching a daily fit WHEN WE ARE WINNING.
I disagree your takes on Towns...but I am absolutely on board with this on Wiggins.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

After 23 games, this thread gets bumped. :lol:

Seriously, pump the brakes. If this is the new Wiggins we will ALL be grateful, but his MO is having good games every now and then.

Pump. The. Brakes.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 am After 23 games, this thread gets bumped. :lol:

Seriously, pump the brakes. If this is the new Wiggins we will ALL be grateful, but his MO is having good games every now and then.

Pump. The. Brakes.
Are you freakin kidding me? There are 10 anti-Wigs threads in the top 15 all year. Every bad game he gets killed. Every good game is diminished because he didn't do it 82 straight.

Might just want to check how many rubes willing to give him time are calling him the best player in the league. Now look at all the haters calling him the worst.

Jesus Christ. Utter lack of any sense of reality here. :lol:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:07 am
kilkenny wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 am After 23 games, this thread gets bumped. :lol:

Pump. The. Brakes.
Are you freakin kidding me? There are 10 anti-Wigs threads in the top 15 all year. Every bad game he gets killed. Every good game is diminished because he didn't do it 82 straight.

Might just want to check how many rubes willing to give him time are calling him the best player in the league. Now look at all the haters calling him the worst.

Jesus Christ. Utter lack of any sense of reality here. :lol:
Pump the brakes!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill trying to say people are going overboard on Wiggins yet he wanted KAT traded asap. Wiggins plays a solid game maybe every 3rd and has been the same player for 5 years and WE are going overboard.

We want him to succeed but after 5 years and he finally shows a heartbeat every couple games we are supposed to be excited? Give us a couple months of evidence before you start putting his bust in Naismith Memorial.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

No joke. Wiggins is one of the best at defending Harden in the league.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

TrueBlue wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 am I'm so glad we traded Butler for Andrew Wiggins, KAT, Covington and Saric.
:thumbsup:

It's nice to see KAT utilized in a 4th quarter.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins only 23 years old

Year 1 Rookie of the Year
Year 2 Avg 20 ppg & Rising Stars MVP
Year 3 Avg 23.6 ppg
Year 4 Down year
Year 5 Defensive Improvement

Add in he’s been durable his entire career, no off the court issues, and most important; he gets along with Towns and wants to be here
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Posting a bunch of meaningless awards does not negate he's been predominately terrible. 2019 WS = 0.0.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I'd say year 5 is a down, down year. He is getting better defensively though, but everything else is down from his down year.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Sorry that he is still inconsistent with his game?

Asking for a friend.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Look at these awards:

2008-09 All-Rookie team
2010-11 Rebounding champ
5x all-star
2x all-nba
2010 most improved
#11 in 2014 MVP voting
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

That sad thing about last night was it was all just effort, want to, hustle, professionalism...

So he should be able to do what he did last night, EVERY NIGHT.