Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
kilkenny

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by kilkenny »

Wiggins was taking some terrible shots last night...but they were going in. He's lucky he made those as they usually don't drop.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:47 pm Efficient per unfadeable, 42% on 8-19, 1-8 from three.
Hey, at least he barely had more points than shots. Baby steps!

:(
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

j-one wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:21 am It happens too often (happened again last night) that one of the NBA's least efficient players takes the most shot attempts and plays the most minutes on our team. Wig was marginally ok last night (by Wig's standards, not by max contract standards) and was still taking long 2's and not helping us win. I'm worried that Ryan won't do anything about it. Maybe the new POBO will arrange some sort of Wes Johnson trade for him.
They have to, time to call Miami again and see what they will give up.

If Miami can make something of Whiteside, then maybe Wiggins to
T_J

Post by T_J »

What type of compensation would Orlando need to swap Wiggins and Gordon?

They clear the logjam up front and roll with Isaac and Vucevic, while taking a chance on Wiggins who has one more year of salary than Gordon at a figure 10m per year higher.

From the Wolves perspective, they get a young, athletic PF to put next to Towns.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 am What type of compensation would Orlando need to swap Wiggins and Gordon?

They clear the logjam up front and roll with Isaac and Vucevic, while taking a chance on Wiggins who has one more year of salary than Gordon at a figure 10m per year higher.

From the Wolves perspective, they get a young, athletic PF to put next to Towns.
My idea from a couple months ago. Win win for both teams.

That would also free up saric to be moved for a player.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

That clown Glen should not have vetoed the Wiggins for Butler straight up trade :thinking: :thinking:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 am
T_J wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:11 am What type of compensation would Orlando need to swap Wiggins and Gordon?

Would Orlando really touch that trade though? Gordon's got a unicorn contract, in that he gets paid less each year. Every year he becomes more valuable just because of that alone.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Would Orlando really touch that trade though? Gordon's got a unicorn contract, in that he gets paid less each year. Every year he becomes more valuable just because of that alone.
I would be all over that.

I don't think Magic make that trade though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
T_J

Post by T_J »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Probably not, that's why I was wondering how much compensation it would take. Would our first this year get it done?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i don't think they'd do it anyway. they've got plenty of young promising talent at SF on that team, and are sitting draftwise right in the sweet spot for guys like okpala, langford, culver and alexander-walker. why would they load up on wiggins' contract when that's their current picture?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

witljon

Post by witljon »

Its like I've said, Andrew Wiggins needs glasses.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins is good
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:23 pm Its like I've said, Andrew Wiggins needs glasses.
if only to look in the mirror to see how skinny he is so he'd get on a program to muscle up. with specs, he'd look like urkel.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Wiggins has proved to us he doesn't care...any positives that might come from the last meaningless games means nothing...absolutely nothing.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:17 pm
witljon wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:23 pm Its like I've said, Andrew Wiggins needs glasses.
if only to look in the mirror to see how skinny he is so he'd get on a program to muscle up. with specs, he'd look like urkel.
Im thinking the basket is a little blurry for him and maybe a pair of glasses will clear things up.
At least he shoots like he aint seeing the best.... :thinking:
witljon

Post by witljon »

Hornets wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:20 pm Wiggins has proved to us he doesn't care...any positives that might come from the last meaningless games means nothing...absolutely nothing.
I agree to this. I don't think he has the desire to work hard enough to improve.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins has had three good games in a row and people still hate
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:43 pm Wiggins has had three good games in a row and people still hate
He's not good. Nobody is even watching anymore
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
witljon

Post by witljon »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:43 pm Wiggins has had three good games in a row and people still hate
I think they need to be max contract good.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Watch him loaf around picks and wave his arms to appear he's trying to play defense and say that with a straight face. As I said in the last game thread, my girlfriend was even laughing at how bad the effort was by this bum. He doesn't even try to get around a picks with any urgency.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:48 pm
I think they need to be max contract good.
yessir, the bar has been lowered. last three games, andrew has been good. a hair over 20 ppg, a hair under 7 rpg, 3 apg - on 25 of 49 from the field (although just 3 of 14 from three). good for wigs, i guess - but for a lot of max contract players in the league, this would be a slump. we're really happy now whenever andrew doesn't totally suck.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

20-7-3

50% shooting

He sucks!!!
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:29 pm 20-7-3

50% shooting

He sucks!!!
Reminds me of the scene from Little Big League where Billy gets super excited his hero Jerry Johnson gets a seeing-eye single...one good event (against a mentally checked out tee times made team) doesn’t change the fact he blows
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yep, Wiggins is ok (on offense only) when it doesn't matter anymore and we've been eliminated from the playoffs!

Unfadeable doesn't hold Wiggins to any standard he would hold any other player.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Sid Hartman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:39 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:29 pm 20-7-3

50% shooting

He sucks!!!
Reminds me of the scene from Little Big League where Billy gets super excited his hero Jerry Johnson gets a seeing-eye single...one good event (against a mentally checked out tee times made team) doesn’t change the fact he blows
What gets me is that unfadeable still gets you guys in a tissy because of his takes. Unfadeable may be the dimmest basketball mind here. Why argue with the guy? :lol:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:42 pm
kilkenny wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:38 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm Wiggins is going to be one of the factors in these last 25 games.
What are your expectations stat wise over this period?
20-5-3 with defense
Currently posting an amazing statline of

16.5 ppg
4.9 rpg
2.2 rpg
0.6 spg
0.9 bpg
-6.8 +/-
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Can you block users, meaning not be able to see their posts? If I didn't have to see dumb & dumber around, that would be great.
Let's get Tropical
T_J

Post by T_J »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 am Can you block users, meaning not be able to see their posts? If I didn't have to see dumb & dumber around, that would be great.
Yeah, click on their name and then hit "Add Foe."