Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
UnFadeable21

Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologies Here

Post by UnFadeable21 »

For everyone who doubted him and still doubt him.

He’s back at his natural position at the two guard. He still has his flaws but he’s a true two way player. He has the ability to score in the post, mid range, and 3.

Are you in or out?!!
Last edited by UnFadeable21 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
YBBR

Re: Post Your Andrew Wiggins Apologises Here

Post by YBBR »

I swear to God, do not start this shit again. Let's not do this.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I will continue to support and root for Andrew. Like always.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
BBG

Post by BBG »

morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Not yet chief, I need a half a season before I am back on board.

He has been great these few games though
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 pm For everyone who doubted him and still doubt him.

He’s back at his natural position at the two guard. He still has his flaws but he’s a true two way player. He has the ability to score in the post, mid range, and 3.

Are you in or out?!!
There's no such thing as a 2 or 3 with us. He's playing well because he's putting in the effort on D and rebounding which seems to keep him in the game until his shot comes around. He's always been a slow starter shooting but now he is just playing until it comes around instead of forcing it because scoring isn't all he does. It's cool to see. He seems to get 2 stl and a blk in every game now. He's getting deflections. 4 assists tonight too.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 pm Not yet chief, I need a half a season before I am back on board.

He has been great these few games though
He's been pretty good all year. The injury time missed set him back a but but I bet we see a 35 point game any time now.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Anyone who knows the game understood two things about Brother Wiggins.

1. He's a beast

2. He's been playing out of position. He's a SG.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:11 pm Anyone who knows the game understood two things about Brother Wiggins.

1. He's a beast

2. He's been playing out of position. He's a SG.
Not sure what part of there is no difference between a 32 and 3 for us is getting past so many. I guess Thibs laughing at the notion in the post game was to vague?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins said he has to change to the 3 last season and and it stopped his post game and driving.

Lol, I’m just teasing everyone but believe in the guy. The skills are there. Him and Towns are legit together
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 pm Wiggins said he has to change to the 3 last season and and it stopped his post game and driving.

Lol, I’m just teasing everyone but believe in the guy. The skills are there. Him and Towns are legit together
The "position" is meaningless. The problem was his chemistry with Butler. Wiggins movement was minimal last season and in games with Butler.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:21 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 pm Wiggins said he has to change to the 3 last season and and it stopped his post game and driving.

The "position" is meaningless. The problem was his chemistry with Butler. Wiggins movement was minimal last season and in games with Butler.
His movement was limited because he didn't know how to do it. His post game was limited because he wasn't tough enough to do it. He lost his confidence and either pressed for buckets or he just floated.

Thibs just laughed at him in the press conference and said well, if he thinks that's why it's fine because he's playing better and harder. I think we all knew from game one he's entirely a confidence player. That could really be seen at the FT line last year. Who goes from 80's to 60's in one year? Someone who lost his confidence. He's right back to 80. How did Jimmt Butler effect that?

Wigs turning point is not the day Jimmy left like so many haters want to think. It was end of last year and in the playoffs where he figured out you can contribute without scoring. Now he looks like he's gonna be a 5+ board 3 assist 2 stl 1 blk guy who plays solid team and man D. Score 15 a game doing that and you are really good. Score 20 and you are borderline allstar. He strings a few more good one's together and look for that breakout game.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Every year, I've seen a good month from Andrew only to be followed by two bad ones. We'll have to wait and see if this is the time where he's more consistent.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:00 am Every year, I've seen a good month from Andrew only to be followed by two bad ones. We'll have to wait and see if this is the time where he's more consistent.
I'm sticking with that he learned to play D and rebound consistently and it's helping his confidence when the shot is not falling. Because that would be nice.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Smh...
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

To me it’s not the numbers that jump out, although those are good—it’s the decisions he’s making out there, the calmer presence actually, the more methodical offensive style, the less forcing it, the changing of speeds, that stand out. It’s what great players do. It looks like the game is really slowing down for him.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

He has no motor and is still a poor defender. If you could trick a team into taking him you do it but there is no team that would take him and his contract. Not one.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Fuck points per game, the only stats that matter are rebounds and assist, those have improved.

He is still a high volume chucker but him hitting the three has made him more effective.

One while season with no 22 shots, 1 rebound, 0 assist games and I'll be convinced he changed his evil ways.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:59 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 pm For everyone who doubted him and still doubt him.

Are you in or out?!!
There's no such thing as a 2 or 3 with us. He's playing well because he's putting in the effort on D and rebounding which seems to keep him in the game until his shot comes around. He's always been a slow starter shooting but now he is just playing until it comes around instead of forcing it because scoring isn't all he does. It's cool to see. He seems to get 2 stl and a blk in every game now. He's getting deflections. 4 assists tonight too.
2 or 3 matters with who he defends. If Butler always took the smaller guy and roco always takes the bigger guy, it's a change.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:28 am Fuck points per game, the only stats that matter are rebounds and assist, those have improved.

He is still a high volume chucker but him hitting the three has made him more effective.

One while season with no 22 shots, 1 rebound, 0 assist games and I'll be convinced he changed his evil ways.
2015: 4.6 RPG, 2.1 APG
2016: 3.6 RPG, 2.0 APG
2017: 4.0 RPG, 2.3 APG
2018: 4.4 RPG, 2.0 APG
2019: 4.2 RPG, 2.3 APG

Everything is a small sample size, and of course some of these games occurred under the yoke of the dreaded small forward position, but we will see.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:28 am Fuck points per game, the only stats that matter are rebounds and assist, those have improved.

Everything is a small sample size, and of course some of these games occurred under the yoke of the dreaded small forward position, but we will see.
Got to remember the small sample so far this year with an 8 minute no tally night when he got hurt and then coming back from the injury. That effects those numbers quite a bit. He is coming on and stats do not reflect the good man and team D, the deflections, and the tip out to teammate non rebounds that he's getting now. And it all just leads to him staying "in the game" and not floating on offense. Once the attack mentality he's bringing on D hits the other end he will start getting those FT's. Then he's a 20+ scorer again. That plus good D and rebounding is a damn good player.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

thinktank wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 am To me it’s not the numbers that jump out, although those are good—it’s the decisions he’s making out there, the calmer presence actually, the more methodical offensive style, the less forcing it, the changing of speeds, that stand out. It’s what great players do. It looks like the game is really slowing down for him.
I agree with this. Although as another guy said, let's wait and see if he can continue this. Andrew's MO has always been a few very good games scattered about a bunch of duds. Hoping he keeps up this intensity.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Brett wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:59 am 38% from three post ASB last year.

I like catch and shoot Wigg.
:thumbsup:

Decker, eat shit, bitch!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 am
zeitgeist wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 am

Got to remember the small sample so far this year with an 8 minute no tally night when he got hurt and then coming back from the injury. That effects those numbers quite a bit. He is coming on and stats do not reflect the good man and team D, the deflections, and the tip out to teammate non rebounds that he's getting now. And it all just leads to him staying "in the game" and not floating on offense. Once the attack mentality he's bringing on D hits the other end he will start getting those FT's. Then he's a 20+ scorer again. That plus good D and rebounding is a damn good player.
We shall see, but it is kinda funny just how similar his numbers look to every other year. His defense has looked better the past several games.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:30 am He has no motor and is still a poor defender. If you could trick a team into taking him you do it but there is no team that would take him and his contract. Not one.
If you think he is a poor defender then you don’t know basketball
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I still like the guy. I've just dropped my opinion of how highly I think of him and what his ceiling can be. There's a reason why I was so high on him in the first place.

His man to man D/3pt shooting is encouraging. I'm just not gonna claim anything until I see this as a trend and not a mirage
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

YBBR wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm I swear to God, do not start this shit again. Let's not do this.
Unfadeable's good for one of these a year
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Pacman wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:02 am I still like the guy. I've just dropped my opinion of how highly I think of him and what his ceiling can be. There's a reason why I was so high on him in the first place.

His man to man D/3pt shooting is encouraging. I'm just not gonna claim anything until I see this as a trend and not a mirage
To me his upside is still intact because of how simple it is for him to reach it. Back to an 80% FT shooter just need to draw a couple more fouls a game. Will likely never be even a solid ball handler but just need to learn how to get his position early, cut and post up more, and negate the need for the extra dribbles that hurt him. That's more points, less TO's. Ad that to what he's doing and that's an allstar level player.

Just be smarter and more efficient.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

How many times have we seen this? Wiggins will have a good game 2 or maybe three times a year and he goes back to the same lazy, overpaid, under achieving POS, for the remaining 79 games.

Wiggins fan boy's get all excited when he has a good game and they hang on to it like their life depends on it. I would love to see Wiggins live up to his potential. But he won't. That dunk the other night got me out of my seat... He doesn't have it in him to be that guy night in and night out.

And if HHM feels the need to tell me to eat poop every time Wiggins has a good game I'll take it. Only if I can tell him to eat my poop for the 79 other games.

P.S. Unfadeable - You really need to get a grip. Stop telling people to learn the game and they don't know basketball. We're all hoop heads, that's why we are here. The fact you are holding on to this Wiggins dream of him becoming the next MJ is creepy. Don't be afraid to talk about his negatives along with the few positives. We're all here to do the same thing. Talk about the game we love.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan