Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Player Introductions - Completed

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: Player Introductions - STREAM NOW

Post by LordNu »

digitalwolf wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 pm
thinktank wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:47 pmI'm kind of shocked at how terrible Saric is with our native tongue
Right on. What’s your second language?
LOL...that's not a knock on him, that's kind of normal. Again, I mentioned two guys that clearly had trouble expressing themselves in detail on our own team, the past 7-8 years?! Both guys I mentioned did improve greatly while they were with us, I just thought Saric would be further along. However, he's not the mouthpiece of Philly, Joel is....I'm a fan, no need to get bitchy.

All I was saying is....I don't think he looked unhappy, but he wasn't able to express himself fully and Covington was clearly the talker of the group.
Try being Unai Emery.

Coach of Arsenal in the English Premier League (Football soccer) and had hardly any english when he started. Learning now, but sheesh, he's the coach!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

digitalwolf wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:47 pmI'm kind of shocked at how terrible Saric is with our native tongue
LOL...that's not a knock on him, that's kind of normal. Again, I mentioned two guys that clearly had trouble expressing themselves in detail on our own team, the past 7-8 years?! Both guys I mentioned did improve greatly while they were with us, I just thought Saric would be further along. However, he's not the mouthpiece of Philly, Joel is....I'm a fan, no need to get bitchy.

All I was saying is....I don't think he looked unhappy, but he wasn't able to express himself fully and Covington was clearly the talker of the group.
I know exactly what you mean. Poor guy! Pulling for the Homie.
flexbuffchest

Re: Player Introductions - Completed

Post by flexbuffchest »

thinktank wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:39 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:23 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:40 pm Image
Dario has an.... Interesting mustache
He had a cleft lip.
Gotcha :thumbsup:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm Gotcha :thumbsup:
The most underrated part of this deal is Saric’s passing. Next to that his defense. I’m a fan.

I don’t mind fuckin around this year and then adding a rim running defensive oriented athletic big. We need a Capella Montreezl guy. Saric doesn’t solve for that one bit.

I was REALLY encouraged by the Butler-less ball movement last night. A lot of assists and even with horrendous turnovers we won. I noticed that Wiggins became the next biggest stopper. He was Melo like. He just needs to commit to a move quicker. He’s too big a focus to hold the ball. Too much waste.

Add Covington and Saric to what we have and I honestly think we’ll be as good as pre-trade within one or two years. Wolves tho...
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

I mean he has lived in the U.S for 3 years, and he also knew he'd be coming over for at least a year before he was drafted. Maybe I'm wrong (I've never lived abroad) but I'd like to think I would pick up the local language in that amount of time. I don't really care. Just sayin.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Reetz wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm Saric should've taken 76
:o
He’s in the Spirit of 76.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

sh1mmyya wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 pm
I mean he has lived in the U.S for 3 years, and he also knew he'd be coming over for at least a year before he was drafted. Maybe I'm wrong (I've never lived abroad) but I'd like to think I would pick up the local language in that amount of time. I don't really care. Just sayin.
Camera shy?
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

irishman89 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm
sh1mmyya wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:27 pm
Nancy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm Did anyone ask if Dario would be okay being referred to as Darko in tribute to the once great star?
I'm sure he'd be honored.
Did anyone ask Dario how he felt about running a farm after his playing days?
If sid Hartman was there, this wouldn't be a joke.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

LordNu wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Try being Unai Emery.

Coach of Arsenal in the English Premier League (Football soccer) and had hardly any english when he started. Learning now, but sheesh, he's the coach!
Yeah but Arsenal don't have any English players so it's not that big a deal...
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I'd like to think I would pick up the local language in that amount of time. I don't really care. Just sayin.
I seriously doubt it.
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

thinktank wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 am

I'd like to think I would pick up the local language in that amount of time. I don't really care. Just sayin.
I seriously doubt it.
Hmmm fair enough I guess.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
salamander

Post by salamander »

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:45 pm Bob seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders.
Why did someone make your name change to Sally when you're quoted?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:09 pm
Sally wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:45 pm Bob seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders.
Why did someone make your name change to Sally when you're quoted?
Yeah. I just noticed this, too.
Ketchup can be nuancy
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

larryhagmansliver wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:15 am
LordNu wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Try being Unai Emery.

Yeah but Arsenal don't have any English players so it's not that big a deal...
This is true. :thumbsup: