Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Start Taj or Saric?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves

Start who?

Saric
83%
Taj
17%

Total votes: 29

LordNu

Re: Start Taj or Saric?

Post by LordNu »

Saric is the future, yeah? Taj is also a consummate professional, he won't kick up a fuss going to the bench.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:33 pm Start Saric as we should have started Belly.

To many geniuses here thought Belly could/should never do that including this shitheaded coach. Timberwolves would have been a better team if they had.

Don’t make the same stupid mistake twice.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
I always advocated for Bjelica to be the starter and/or Bjeclica to get more, and even more importantly, consistent, minutes. I think it was a huge mistake by Thibs and previous coaches not too, with the only compelling issue not to was his consistent injuries.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Start Saric, make Taj the first big off the bench, lock Gorgui in a storage closet.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Don't really care too much who starts. Minutes should be matchup and hot-hand based.

I could see a lot of offense for defense substations late in tight games.

But let's see Saric actually suit up for us before we go too far with this.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Saric didn’t show me much last night, but it’s only one game. He doesn’t even know his teammates names yet.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

Feel bad for Gorgui, he's a great guy and it's got to hurt reading all the shit that is being written about him. He must long for the days of that two man game he had going on with Zach, it was pretty effective.

I don't think Gorgui is a bad player, but he looks like he's trying to do to much, whilst at the same time looking like he's not doing anything at all. This franchise, going back over multiple coaches/regimes has a habit of asking players to do to much, which when they fail knocks their confidence. Give limited players limited roles and have them stick to them. And celebrate it when they do what was asked. Gorgui should screen if needed and then get to the corner on offence and box out/rebound on d. That's it. He needs be in the gym throwing up as many corners 3 as possible.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

larryhagmansliver wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 am Feel bad for Gorgui, he's a great guy and it's got to hurt reading all the shit that is being written about him. He must long for the days of that two man game he had going on with Zach, it was pretty effective.

I don't think Gorgui is a bad player, but he looks like he's trying to do to much, whilst at the same time looking like he's not doing anything at all. This franchise, going back over multiple coaches/regimes has a habit of asking players to do to much, which when they fail knocks their confidence. Give limited players limited roles and have them stick to them. And celebrate it when they do what was asked. Gorgui should screen if needed and then get to the corner on offence and box out/rebound on d. That's it. He needs be in the gym throwing up as many corners 3 as possible.
Gorgui does have some skills but he's just too damn slow and not active enough to serve a purpose on this team. You see Okogie, Taj, Rob and even big slow Saric being very active, moving, etc. Gorgui does none of that and is basically in the way now. It was so evident last night with Rob and Josh flying around, it was sad.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Jim Pete or Benz said it's Rob, not Bob per Covington.
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

Jim Pete even mentioned that having Taj out there with towns really slows down the offense and clogs up the lanes.

That stretch where taj was out there was when the pelicans got back in the game. I was furious. The team was playing better with Saric out there. It just annoys me how Thibs loves his old bulls players.

Like it’s gonna suck when rose comes back. He’ll steal minutes from guys. It’s super annoying.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

larryhagmansliver wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 am Feel bad for Gorgui, he's a great guy and it's got to hurt reading all the shit that is being written about him. He must long for the days of that two man game he had going on with Zach, it was pretty effective.

I used to like Gorgui, but I am so sick of him complaining after every single whistle or every time he thinks he gets fouled!