Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

ESPN: is Teague now the X factor that can lift the Wolves to a playoff upset?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

ESPN: is Teague now the X factor that can lift the Wolves to a playoff upset?

Post by t_wrex »

Very interesting piece.

Went on about how a player like Teague can have a 4 out of 7 game hot streak against superior teams, playing like shit in games we were bound to lose anyways.

As bad as he's been lately, nobody can deny that he's had some amazing ass games with us, whether he was going toe to toe with Westbrook, or simply splashing shit and spreading the floor, probing defenses and making em pay while being a threat..

Fact of the matter is, he'd unobtainable if he was 1) consistent with the same stats or 2) hot all the time. Especially for a free agency wasteland like minnesota.

Let's face it, with a healthy DMC, the Warriors are competing with the USA dream team as the best starting five to ever walk on a basketball court in the game's history.

It makes the Lakers roster make even more sense. Streaky across the board outside lbj. They're basically banking on capability over consistency. Yes they'll have an underwhelming outcome out of 82 games, but if they make the playoffs, they can overachieve in a pinch and steal some games.

Or you can be the Blazers and be full of consistency but everyone knows the final outcome.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
Billy Ray

Re: ESPN: is Teague now the X factor that can lift the Wolves to a playoff upset?

Post by Billy Ray »

Trade him so we don't have to deal with the crunch time lineup of Teague and Rose playing together.
Thrillkill

Re: ESPN: is Teague now the X factor that can lift the Wolves to a playoff upset?

Post by Thrillkill »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am Trade him so we don't have to deal with the crunch time lineup of Teague and Rose playing together.
I think he is tradable but would have to be the perfect storm of events. You likely need to find a team that needs him this year. You likely need to take back at least 10 or so mil next year. You likely get a 2nd or 2 tops.

So is that worth it whe you know Taylor will not spend the extra cap space? Honestly I am doing that and moving Rose but if it were only one I move Rose. You get a lot more for him and why would he come back here? Why would anyone?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Playoffs?!? This is a 30 win team.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Answer is "no"
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 am
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am Trade him so we don't have to deal with the crunch time lineup of Teague and Rose playing together.
I think he is tradable but would have to be the perfect storm of events. You likely need to find a team that needs him this year. You likely need to take back at least 10 or so mil next year. You likely get a 2nd or 2 tops.

So is that worth it whe you know Taylor will not spend the extra cap space? Honestly I am doing that and moving Rose but if it were only one I move Rose. You get a lot more for him and why would he come back here? Why would anyone?
Rose can bring back more due to his contract. I've played the trade machine game looking for even expiring for JT. The only fit was the Suns, and that was using Chandler's expiring. Cant do that now
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Rose can bring back more due to his contract. I've played the trade machine game looking for even expiring for JT. The only fit was the Suns, and that was using Chandler's expiring. Cant do that now
Of course that's why Rose has more value? Do you think I was talking alphabetically?

And every team in in the league can trade for Teague. Just need events to line up and Taylor to think about something other than his wallet.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 pm
jimmyjamjammer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Of course that's why Rose has more value? Do you think I was talking alphabetically?

And every team in in the league can trade for Teague. Just need events to line up and Taylor to think about something other than his wallet.
Every team in the league can trade for any player in the league, just need events to line up.

There few if any fits for him at this point.