Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Point-Forward Wiggins

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Style

Point-Forward Wiggins

Post by Style »

As the Jimmy dust settles, I’d begin the next phase of this franchise by moving Wiggins into a point-forward role similar to that of Simmons in Philly, Odom in LA, or Kukoc in Chicago.

Wiggins has got to step up for this team to ever move forward. We have plenty of floor spacers to give him all the room he needs to get to the rim.

Just as Wiggins is banned from shooting 20 ft pull ups, Taj is banned from standing in the lane. The offense will be a true 5-out with KAT screening for Wiggins in a Capella role. RoCo, Saric, and Okogie round out the lineup by camping at the 3pt line.

Teague is used off the bench. He plays the offensive ‘2’ when he’s on the floor with point Wiggins.

Wiggins likely flops in this role and leads us to our best Butler trade asset: A high lotto pick. It’s a stealth tank (hehe thinktank) that also puts the pressure on our max contract player.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
thinktank

Re: Point-Forward Wiggins

Post by thinktank »

It’s the Rose and KAT show until Rose’s wheels fall off.

This is Thibs we’re talking about here.

As soon as that Butler trade was made, Thibs shifted to win now.
Style

Post by Style »

thinktank wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:17 pm It’s the Rose and KAT show until Rose’s wheels fall off.

This is Thibs we’re talking about here.

As soon as that Butler trade was made, Thibs shifted to win now.
My new reality is fantasizing about how a coach without his head stuck in the mud might utilize this roster.

But you are right. We’re going to party like it’s 2011.

FML.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Wiggins moves to the 2. He needs to avg 20+ ppg, 5 rebs, and 4 assist moving forward
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I feel like there’s several more chapters left to this Wolves season.

1. Rose/KAT ascendance
2. Rose injured, Wolves flounder
3. Wiggins/KAT get hot
4. It all comes crashing down, we miss the playoffs
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Are Wiggins handles going to be good enough?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

LordNu wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 pm Are Wiggins handles going to be good enough?
You already know the answer to that. ;)
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
j2j

Post by j2j »

Point Wiggins? You should be banned for suggesting this.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

This will be the title of my new novel. It's a piece of fiction.
Spoiler:
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 pm Point Wiggins? You should be banned for suggesting this.
Well, I prefer mocked. Like all day every day.

I might be crazy but I'd like to have a guy who can pass and dribble more than once. I'm no Wigs hater like a lot here but damn. I do watch the games and see what he can and can't do.
t_wrex
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2019***

Post by t_wrex »

I prefer a point-guard.
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am Teh Tube endorses t wrex on his journey to sobriety moderation! We are all rooting for you!
Style

Post by Style »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:43 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:28 pm Are Wiggins handles going to be good enough?
You already know the answer to that. ;)
They won’t be, but IMO he needs to be pushed to expand his game. He’s too physically gifted to continue to enable his loafer habits.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 pm Point Wiggins? You should be banned for suggesting this.

I might be crazy but I'd like to have a guy who can pass and dribble more than once. I'm no Wigs hater like a lot here but damn. I do watch the games and see what he can and can't do.
Yeah, awesome. Great contributions.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

You have to be able to avoid dribbling the ball off your foot if you want to run the point.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
witljon

Post by witljon »

Jeff Teague is our point guard.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Agreed. I don't hate Wiggins. He drives me nuts, but I dont hate him. We just have to be honest about what he can and can't do. Sometimes I wonder if Thibs can see that.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

He’s not that great. Sorry.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Point Forward? :lol: That's my biggest nightmare as I pointed out a couple of days ago.

I guess we'll find out Thibs "strategy" this week. Boy that was hard to type.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I didn't really like that strategy a couple years ago when Wiggins was the primary ball handler in the fourth quarter. I'm guessing Thibs will attach his wagon to Rose this year as the primary ball handler.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 am I didn't really like that strategy a couple years ago when Wiggins was the primary ball handler in the fourth quarter. I'm guessing Thibs will attach his wagon to Rose this year as the primary ball handler.
Rose is one of the reasons why Thibs finally surrendered to Butler. He figured he has another guy he can ride in his one on one offense
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Wiggins has been brutal in the 4th quarter this year. TS% of 20. High usage. -15 netrtg.

He's earning that contract.
Style

Post by Style »

Well this thread is going well for me.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

This isn't a terrible idea, but realistically, the team can't count on his 2.5 rebounds anymore. However, his assists might double to 2!
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:55 am Wiggins has been brutal in the 4th quarter this year. TS% of 20. High usage. -15 netrtg.

22 shot attempts in the fourth quarter, not a huge sample size but...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:15 am
kilkenny wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:55 am Wiggins has been brutal in the 4th quarter this year. TS% of 20. High usage. -15 netrtg.

Plan on that sample size getting bigger
Reetz

Post by Reetz »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:23 pm Wiggins moves to the 2. He needs to avg 20+ ppg, 5 rebs, and 4 assist moving forward
This. It's why I am more liking this trade and it's closer than I originally thought to a j rich trade. One we have the cap flex in it and secondly Wiggins playing the 2 guard cause he prolly stays at the 3 with j rich coming over
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Not sure what your point is. He's not shooting enough? Shooting more will raise those numbers? 22 shots doesn't seem like a $150 mil guy. Guess we'll find out what happens now. Towns should be the guy shooting anyway. If the ball is in Wiggins hands, Towns won't see the ball much.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Reetz wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:23 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:23 pm Wiggins moves to the 2. He needs to avg 20+ ppg, 5 rebs, and 4 assist moving forward
This. It's why I am more liking this trade and it's closer than I originally thought to a j rich trade. One we have the cap flex in it and secondly Wiggins playing the 2 guard cause he prolly stays at the 3 with j rich coming over
I dont understand why everyone is so hung up on there being a difference between the 2 and the 3..........I always liked the saying the position you can play is the position you can guard
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:30 am

Not sure what your point is. He's not shooting enough? Shooting more will raise those numbers? 22 shots doesn't seem like a $150 mil guy. Guess we'll find out what happens now. Towns should be the guy shooting anyway. If the ball is in Wiggins hands, Towns won't see the ball much.
I'm just saying 22 shots isn't a huge sample size. I agree on Towns.