Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bye Bye Patton

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Moses Scurry

Re: Bye Bye Patton

Post by Moses Scurry »

Every move the wolves make is wrong.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 am Every move the wolves make is wrong.
Id say firing thibs was a right move.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 am Every move the wolves make is wrong.
This is more about wolves chat medical experts.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Man... Why can't we catch a freaking break for once.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

LordNu wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:45 pm Man... Why can't we catch a freaking break for once.
Everyone on our team caches a break. Usually a foot.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Did I miss something? Did Patton miraculously come back and bust out while filling in for Embiiid and Boban?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:46 am
SHAFA wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 pm Did I miss something? Did Patton miraculously come back and bust out while filling in for Embiiid and Boban?
This.

The way this thread turned, I honestly thought Patton came in and had a 20/15 night. I even googled it. I saw nothing indicating to me that moving him was a bad move. I mean it sucks that he barely even saw that court as a Wolf, and that the pick was basically wasted, but moving him doesn't so far seem to be the problem here. With his injury history, chances are his career will continue to be plagued by injuries and will never really get off the ground. I'm not saying he can't pull it all together, I'm just saying his chances are less than favorable. With that in mind, moving doesn't seem to be a terrible decision.
It's not a bad move to throw him in that trade as we already declined his option.......WHICH WAS THE BAD MOVE.

But he's unrestricted now and a min deal is all he will get anywhere. He knows us and if we weren't dicks to him maybe he will come back. Healthy he is really good and a great fit.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I am rooting for the kid to turn his career into something. People said he was done, I'm hoping he turns into something here.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 am
SHAFA wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 pm Did I miss something? Did Patton miraculously come back and bust out while filling in for Embiiid and Boban?
This.

The way this thread turned, I honestly thought Patton came in and had a 20/15 night. I even googled it. I saw nothing indicating to me that moving him was a bad move. I mean it sucks that he barely even saw that court as a Wolf, and that the pick was basically wasted, but moving him doesn't so far seem to be the problem here. With his injury history, chances are his career will continue to be plagued by injuries and will never really get off the ground. I'm not saying he can't pull it all together, I'm just saying his chances are less than favorable. With that in mind, moving doesn't seem to be a terrible decision.
It's not a bad move to throw him in that trade as we already declined his option.......WHICH WAS THE BAD MOVE.

But he's unrestricted now and a min deal is all he will get anywhere. He knows us and if we weren't dicks to him maybe he will come back. Healthy he is really good and a great fit.
They weren't dicks to him. He was never healthy. You cant guarantee money to someone who is unproven and cant get on the court. Availability is a skill.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Patton will be healthy from here on out and be a major playa, and RoCo will continue sufferin with his bone bruise.

Bone bruise my azz.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Said it a year straight, Wolves should of took OG Anunoby there. It was stupid to take a back up center when we already had Gorgi behind Towns.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:21 pm Said it a year straight, Wolves should of took OG Anunoby there. It was stupid to take a back up center when we already had Gorgi behind Towns.
Dude we obviously should have taken J. Collins. Only screamed it for 5 solid months.

And look, minus the foot stuff Patton is the shit. No skill he doesn't have and while not close to the athlete Collins is he's damn good for a legit 7 footer. They really need to bring him back.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

beetlebum71 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:52 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:54 am

This.

They weren't dicks to him. He was never healthy. You cant guarantee money to someone who is unproven and cant get on the court. Availability is a skill.
And you know we weren't dicks to him ...................how?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:05 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:21 pm Said it a year straight, Wolves should of took OG Anunoby there. It was stupid to take a back up center when we already had Gorgi behind Towns.
Dude we obviously should have taken J. Collins. Only screamed it for 5 solid months.

And look, minus the foot stuff Patton is the shit. No skill he doesn't have and while not close to the athlete Collins is he's damn good for a legit 7 footer. They really need to bring him back.
Damn! Forgot he went after us
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... tin-Patton

76ers Waive Justin Patton
The Philadelphia 76ers have waived Justin Patton.

Patton was acquired on Nov. 12, 2018 in a trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves and appeared in three NBA games for the 76ers this season. Additionally, Patton spent time with the 76ers’ G League affiliate, the Delaware Blue Coats, where he appeared in 11 games (two starts) and posted 8.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 18.6 minutes per game.

Patton has appeared in four NBA games and 49 G League games over two seasons with Minnesota and Philadelphia. Originally selected by Chicago with the No. 16 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, Patton played one collegiate season at Creighton before entering the draft.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Let's get him back!! :beer:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i said they might do this! we've got to get him back. he's the kind of big we're hoping to find in the draft. understand that he's still not ready to play because he's not 100% and the sixers want a full roster of 100% for their playoff push. that's why they dropped him - not because he has no value. he just doesn't have value "right now".
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:01 pm i said they might do this! we've got to get him back. he's the kind of big we're hoping to find in the draft. understand that he's still not ready to play because he's not 100% and the sixers want a full roster of 100% for their playoff push. that's why they dropped him - not because he has no value. he just doesn't have value "right now".
Yep, get him now.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Two-way deal?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

they dropped patton and added greg monroe. needed another healthy center for the playoffs - both embiid and marjanovich are banged up, and jonah bolden functions best as a PF.

cmon ryan! get on the freaking horn! unless his feet are toast, this is as simple as waiving cj williams and offering an end of year contract to patton - who has to have some sort of ties to the wolves. i wonder what saunders' relationship was like with him.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Patton kinda dissed our organization after he left, didn't he? Not sure he'd want to come back.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

If the Jimmy leaves too then we win the trade
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Some here think Patton can help this organization! LOL!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
T_J

Post by T_J »

Ha, what are the chances a guy who got traded wants to come right back to the team that dumped him?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

If we did sign him to a rest of the year contract, what would his status for next year be? Would we have rights of any kind with him?

I suppose he’s looking at a min deal next year anyway, so it probably doesn’t matter.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i have no claim to know at all what's going on with his health. maybe he's toast. but maybe not. maybe he's just not healthy enough to help the sixers in this playoff push, so he was the one to go. i did see some philly fans pissed about the waiver - calling it short-sighted in losing patton in favor of a journeyman greg monroe - who has sort of become the nba big version of MCW. for all his troubling injuries, patton is still a very large, multi-skilled big man on a basketball court.

and we drafted him just two years ago, right? in some ways, it makes much more sense to add him to our squad now than it did back in 2017. gorgui had just started his big contract and was untradeable - why did we use that 17th pick on another center? only now, gorgui's contract has fewer years left on it and has become "somewhat" tradeable. gorgs sure doesn't hurt his case when he plays. so we bring patton back now as our third center, and he's got the chance to work himself back from the injury - with the knowledge that very likely in the next two years, gorgs will be moved and he'll inherit the backup 5 slot behind KAT.

and on an entirely different angle to this - does our roster really need all of cj williams, mitch creek, cam reynolds, jerred bayless and jared terrell as deep bench wings? seems like there's room to take a flier here.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am Some here think Patton can help this organization! LOL!
and some here think patton's possibilities as an NBA player are over at age 21! SMH!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if the wolves need a template, look at memphis. they signed a guard by the name of dusty hannahs a week ago - the same day we signed wing mitchell creek. today memphis waived newly signed guard dusty hannahs in favor of signing center tyler zeller to an end of the year contract. ahem ahem.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

The one that got away
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 pm The one that got away
Is that a bigger, slower Paul George?