Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Players only meeting: "I run this"

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Players only meeting: "I run this"

Post by JPM »

Yes yes you do Buckets. Welcome back and now go kick some ass.
morneaumvp

Re: Players only meeting: "I run this"

Post by morneaumvp »

JPM wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm Yes yes you do Buckets. Welcome back and now go kick some ass.
:clap: :clap:

Thibs played this off like a boss.

McFail or Kahn would have panicked and immediately traded him for Dion Weighters
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Not sure if he was actually on the table, but I'd still rather have Josh Richardson on this team.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

morneaumvp wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm
JPM wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm Yes yes you do Buckets. Welcome back and now go kick some ass.

McFail or Kahn would have panicked and immediately traded him for Dion Weighters
And somehow people hate this guy.

Bet I can name you 2 players that said nothing.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm Not sure if he was actually on the table, but I'd still rather have Josh Richardson on this team.
Nah, we'll take the superstar over the roleplayer thank you
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

morneaumvp wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:35 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm Not sure if he was actually on the table, but I'd still rather have Josh Richardson on this team.
Nah, we'll take the superstar over the roleplayer thank you
For the next two years? Sure. After that? I'll pass on paying 40 million for a broken down headcase
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm

And somehow people hate this guy.

Bet I can name you 2 players that said nothing.
Its the Minnesota Nice Bitch that is ingrained deeply in the psyche here of fans, if they are not all boyscouts then shippem out!!!
Mr. Brightside

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Jeff Teague on Twitter went at Shams and said that it was not a player’s only meeting and “ya’ll gotta stop with this fake news.”
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 pm This is such a shit show. Jimmy's gone off the rails, the team is all fucked up, and the media/twitter are reporting shit like piranha that smell blood in the water.
Jimmy's camp and, probably, Miami's front office is feeding nonsense to the media to get Old Man Taylor riled up and make a bad trade. I'm 100% convinced that's what's happening. That way, Jimmy goes to South Beach without his new team having to gut their core to get him, and Miami gets their alpha dog to replace Wade to try to sneak that top spot in the East. It's fucking brilliant, but also bullshit for T'Wolves fans. Mostly because I assume it will eventually work, Glen will make the deal for Richardson and a shitty 1st, and we'll be fucked.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

The people in this thread that think Jimmy will play here this season and we’ll win and Thibs is secretly brilliant are fuckin morons :lol: . It’s actually comical. “Jimmy is real! He’s back! We’re coming!”
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:00 pm
beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:57 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 pm This is such a shit show. Jimmy's gone off the rails, the team is all fucked up, and the media/twitter are reporting shit like piranha that smell blood in the water.
Jimmy's camp and, probably, Miami's front office is feeding nonsense to the media to get Old Man Taylor riled up and make a bad trade. I'm 100% convinced that's what's happening. That way, Jimmy goes to South Beach without his new team having to gut their core to get him, and Miami gets their alpha dog to replace Wade to try to sneak that top spot in the East. It's fucking brilliant, but also bullshit for T'Wolves fans. Mostly because I assume it will eventually work, Glen will make the deal for Richardson and a shitty 1st, and we'll be fucked.
I could almost stomach JRich and a shitty 1st, but I'm afraid of the shitty contracts that could be attached to the deal to make the money work. We can't do that to ourselves.
They could throw in Winslow and Adebayo to make the money work. That's a less shitty trade. Knowing the Wolves, we'd demand James Johnson and the $45 million he's owed over the next 3 seasons. DEMAND!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:00 pm
beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:57 pm
I could almost stomach JRich and a shitty 1st, but I'm afraid of the shitty contracts that could be attached to the deal to make the money work. We can't do that to ourselves.
The money can be easily dealt with by giving picks to Sac. But Taylor won't be able to fire Thibs without a bunch of picks to sell. And I just love the reports that it was Thibs that blew the deal by asking for more picks. We all know how much he likes rebuilds and playing rooks. And like he would try to acquire the picks Taylor could sell to pay for his firing. That just makes so much sense.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:05 pm The people in this thread that think Jimmy will play here this season and we’ll win and Thibs is secretly brilliant are fuckin morons :lol: . It’s actually comical. “Jimmy is real! He’s back! We’re coming!”
Jimmy Butler will sit out then? He'll tank it? And that opinion is the rational one? OK. Guess what happens when Butler plays like Jimmy Butler. Price goes back up.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:09 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:05 pm The people in this thread that think Jimmy will play here this season and we’ll win and Thibs is secretly brilliant are fuckin morons :lol: . It’s actually comical. “Jimmy is real! He’s back! We’re coming!”
Jimmy Butler will sit out then? He'll tank it? And that opinion is the rational one? OK. Guess what happens when Butler plays like Jimmy Butler. Price goes back up.
You are delusional. You actually think this is working to the Wolves advantage? He’ll be traded for 2 mediocre players and a protected 1st. And you and morneau will go back to bitching about Karl Anthony Towns every other post. You can’t make it up. You actually think this is going fine for the franchise.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 pm
You are delusional. You actually think this is working to the Wolves advantage? He’ll be traded for 2 mediocre players and a protected 1st. And you and morneau will go back to bitching about Karl Anthony Towns every other post. You can’t make it up. You actually think this is going fine for the franchise.
Exactly! Butler is not coming back. This has all been orchestrated to make sure he goes sooner than later.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 pm
Richardson is not mediocre. And we would already have him if Taylor could just take players and not cash. And if the only way we can get good players is to have him play until we get good players and cash then that's what you do. But I guess that when all the actual basketball people on ESPN also think that, they are delusional like me. Oh, and they also complain about Towns playing for stats. But they are delusional because every GM wants him for the future.........................a year ago. But that idiot pat Riley wants Butler. What a moron. Guess that's why he's never sniffed a championship as a player, coach, or GM. :lol:

Great point there skippy.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Pat Riley would take Karl-Anthony Towns over Jimmy Butler in a fucking millisecond if both were available you fucking 🤡 lol. Are you actually serious with this shit? Good God. Please learn basketball.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

FYI guys. Jimmy is a tough guy. He’s real. KAT is a pussy. That’s what I’ve been told by thinkkill. Weird. Jimmy Butler has missed 44 games the last 3 seasons. KAT hasn’t missed one. He’s been out on the floor every single game.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:42 pm Pat Riley would take Karl-Anthony Towns over Jimmy Butler in a fucking millisecond if both were available you fucking 🤡 lol. Are you actually serious with this shit? Good God. Please learn basketball.
I'm sorry dipshit, did you address whether Pat Riley wants Jimmy Butler? While you are ducking that address all the actual basketball guys on ESPN that said they'd take Butler over Towns. Maybe talk about all the wins Towns gets without Butler. Maybe the offensive and defensive ratings when Butler is not on the floor with Wigs and Towns. Or Butler housing them in the scrimmage yesterday.

Or put your Towns jersey on and cry. Of course I mean keep doing that.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm FYI guys. Jimmy is a tough guy. He’s real. KAT is a pussy. That’s what I’ve been told by thinkkill. Weird. Jimmy Butler has missed 44 games the last 3 seasons. KAT hasn’t missed one. He’s been out on the floor every single game.
Funny no one ever sees him on one side of the floor. I guess it's hard to get hurt when you only play half the game.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:42 pm Pat Riley would take Karl-Anthony Towns over Jimmy Butler in a fucking millisecond if both were available you fucking 🤡 lol. Are you actually serious with this shit? Good God. Please learn basketball.
I'm sorry dipshit, did you address whether Pat Riley wants Jimmy Butler? While you are ducking that address all the actual basketball guys on ESPN that said they'd take Butler over Towns. Maybe talk about all the wins Towns gets without Butler. Maybe the offensive and defensive ratings when Butler is not on the floor with Wigs and Towns. Or Butler housing them in the scrimmage yesterday.

Anyone involved in the NBA who would take Jimmy Butler over Karl Anthony Towns right now is a fucking idiot. Based on age and durability alone. Never mind he’s a better shooter in a league where shooting is more important than ever. Jimmy Butler was a better player when on the floor last season. I’ve said that throughout the summer. But Butler is almost 30 and misses more than 15 games every season. He’s dealing with a wrist injury right now. If you could take one of them right now it would not be close. You’re wrong. I’m right. Deal with it.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Anyone involved in the NBA who would take Jimmy Butler over Karl Anthony Towns right now is a fucking idiot. Based on age and durability alone. Never mind he’s a better shooter in a league where shooting is more important than ever. Jimmy Butler was a better player when on the floor last season. I’ve said that throughout the summer. But Butler is almost 30 and misses more than 15 games every season. He’s dealing with a wrist injury right now. If you could take one of them right now it would not be close. You’re wrong. I’m right. Deal with it.
Oh, I'm sorry, did you address if one of the all time great coaches and GM's wants Jimmy Butler? Or did you evade that again. Did you write anything about those offensive and defensive ratings? I think I missed it. Saw the age thing. How many wins that get us?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

I run this thread.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 pm I run this thread.
Yes you are certainly the Glen Taylor of this thread.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

I could have sworn it was just a couple weeks ago where you were complaining about people being so insulting on here.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

zeitgeist wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 am
I could have sworn it was just a couple weeks ago where you were complaining about people being so insulting on here.
:zzz:
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm FYI guys. Jimmy is a tough guy. He’s real. KAT is a pussy. That’s what I’ve been told by thinkkill. Weird. Jimmy Butler has missed 44 games the last 3 seasons. KAT hasn’t missed one. He’s been out on the floor every single game.
Yeah....Thrill tried to tell me the same thing. Comparing the two's contract situation and how they dealt with it, but in reality....a real man doesn't have a tantrum at a practice, then blasts his team and FO to ESPN. Sorry, there's nothing Jimmy has done that you can defend him on....at least with a straight face. Love him on the court, but he's acted like a child this week.

On the flip side...like last year, KAT and Wiggins do need to step up their game....that too, is indefensible.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:29 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Oh, I'm sorry, did you address if one of the all time great coaches and GM's wants Jimmy Butler? Or did you evade that again. Did you write anything about those offensive and defensive ratings? I think I missed it. Saw the age thing. How many wins that get us?
not sure what you're arguing here, thrill. pat riley wants jimmy butler because he's a good player and, oh yeah, available for a trade. i think if KAT was being dangled in a trade, he'd probably be interested as well.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

If someone came into a meeting and said "i run this" I would instantly tune out.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Finally shows up. Stages a Jimmy Butler made for TV ESPN practice/event, then has a meeting stating “I Run This” and that I am now “willing” to play with you guys if you do this that and everything I tell you to do.

Instant and Final Response: OK - GFY!

Ship this giant douchebag out on a one way ticket! Make sure Thibbs goes with and takes all of their luggage.