Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Players only meeting: "I run this"

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
digitalwolf

Re: Players only meeting: "I run this"

Post by digitalwolf »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:15 am If someone came into a meeting and said "i run this" I would instantly tune out.
His teammates have already tuned him out before the alleged meeting.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm seeing all this butler shit in a different light. i still think he wants out of here - but is dismayed that more teams aren't lining up for his obviously superlative talents - so he went ALL IN on this practice and meeting to show the league how "invaluable" he is. i mean, think of it. the other players are all showing up for a practice - but butler is showing up for an "event" he's staging. kind of catches everyone off guard with his intensity, and he uses that advantage to make himself look indispensable. he's fishing for offers.

trouble is, jimmy maybe skipped a few courses in college on human psychology. i wonder how many teams looked at that circus and thought to themselves "hmmm, he's got talent. but do not let that human hand grenade get anywhere near my locker room. we've got a good vibe going now and don't need the fucking drama."
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Draper

Post by Draper »

Can we make Jimmy play in Iowa?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:32 am Finally shows up. Stages a Jimmy Butler made for TV ESPN practice/event, then has a meeting stating “I Run This” and that I am now “willing” to play with you guys if you do this that and everything I tell you to do.

Instant and Final Response: OK - GFY!

Ship this giant douchebag out on a one way ticket! Make sure Thibbs goes with and takes all of their luggage.
1st good post in like 2 or so years.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Will he demand to play with James Nunally and CJ Williams the first time a starter misses a defensive assignment?

lol at the people in this thread thinking Butt is some transcendent player like MJ or LeBron who gets to make demands.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Yes he will run this for now. Thank God!
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

morneaumvp wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:36 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm

:clap: :clap:

Thibs played this off like a boss.

McFail or Kahn would have panicked and immediately traded him for Dion Weighters
And somehow people hate this guy.

Bet I can name you 2 players that said nothing.
Its the Minnesota Nice Bitch that is ingrained deeply in the psyche here of fans, if they are not all boyscouts then shippem out!!!
I normally agree with this but butler is a complete diva and cancer.

I don't remember any other athlete we've had here act like this probably since marbury. Percy maybe?

Get rid of him. I want no part of that contract he's going to get. Should've never been brought in to begin with.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

JPM wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:56 pm Yes he will run this for now. Thank God!
I thought you hated the Timberwolves?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 am
No. Wild and Vikes yes. Love Jimmy Buckets. Without him they have no chance.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

JPM wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 pm
Have no chance of what exactly?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Of winning
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Of winning
Winning what exactly?
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

jodaman01 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Of winning
Winning what exactly?
Playoff games
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

God you are lost.

Butler will likely be traded if they are not in any real contention or other than a very high seed.

You have to start thinking in terms of life without Butler, because at this point it is inevitable.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

I run this
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Another hilarious thread
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

meh. Butt never would have worked here. I'm fine that he is gone, and am also a big fan of him.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Rasho, whisker, jodaman LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jimmy Butler is the litmus test to see who understands the game and who doesn't, ya'll failed.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:23 am meh. Butt never would have worked here. I'm fine that he is gone, and am also a big fan of him.
Really? Pretty sure you could have traded KAT and Wiggins at the time for anything the Heat have now. Could have chose to build around Jimmy which a few years from now if KAT bails wouldn't have been the popular choice, but it may have ended up being the correct choice. If KAT never leads them to the playoffs which is quite likely! Jimmy is a winner and that's not debatable. KAT has only been a loser thus far, hopefully that changes.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:22 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:23 am meh. Butt never would have worked here. I'm fine that he is gone, and am also a big fan of him.
Really? Pretty sure you could have traded KAT and Wiggins at the time for anything the Heat have now. Could have chose to build around Jimmy which a few years from now if KAT bails wouldn't have been the popular choice, but it may have ended up being the correct choice. If KAT never leads them to the playoffs which is quite likely! Jimmy is a winner and that's not debatable. KAT has only been a loser thus far, hopefully that changes.
I dont think he wanted to be here, and Wiggins getting the 5 year was an easy excuse for him to use to get out.
Style

Post by Style »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:46 pm Rasho, whisker, jodaman LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jimmy Butler is the litmus test to see who understands the game and who doesn't, ya'll failed.
The irony runs deep with this post as the Wolves prepare for their #1 overall draft pick.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Style wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:37 pm
zeitgeist wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:46 pm Rasho, whisker, jodaman LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The irony runs deep with this post as the Wolves prepare for their #1 overall draft pick.
So that's Jimmy's fault too huh?
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Style

Post by Style »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:58 pm

If you’re trying to make the point that Jimmy is the best player in the trade, no one is going to argue that.

If you’re trying to make the point that Jimmy was the best use of assets, well, #1 overall speaks for itself.

To brag about the trade being a huge win for the Wolves as we sit with one of the worst teams in the league is a litmus test to see who understands the game and who doesn’t, you failed.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Style wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:12 pm

If you’re trying to make the point that Jimmy is the best player in the trade, no one is going to argue that.

If you’re trying to make the point that Jimmy was the best use of assets, well, #1 overall speaks for itself.

To brag about the trade being a huge win for the Wolves as we sit with one of the worst teams in the league is a litmus test to see who understands the game and who doesn’t, you failed.
Don't reach too hard, you might hurt yourself. I'm talking about Jimmy as a player. Those guys in particular were shit talking Jimmy as a player, it was more than just complaining that we got rid of Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn (LOL). The Monday morning QBing about Jimmy only being here one year was just that, no one was suggesting that would be the case before hand. Also again, they were repeatedly shit talking Jimmy as a player, his talent and ability to perform at basketball, that is the point. Beyond all of that, there are so many other variables that it is hilarious to suggest that the Wolves received the #1 pick because Jimmy made our team barren or whatever the hell you are arguing.

Also, pretty obvious you have a big ole helping of crow to eat yourself given how defensive you're being.
Style

Post by Style »

zeitgeist wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Don't reach too hard, you might hurt yourself. I'm talking about Jimmy as a player. Those guys in particular were shit talking Jimmy as a player, it was more than just complaining that we got rid of Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn (LOL). The Monday morning QBing about Jimmy only being here one year was just that, no one was suggesting that would be the case before hand. Also again, they were repeatedly shit talking Jimmy as a player, his talent and ability to perform at basketball, that is the point. Beyond all of that, there are so many other variables that it is hilarious to suggest that the Wolves received the #1 pick because Jimmy made our team barren or whatever the hell you are arguing.

Also, pretty obvious you have a big ole helping of crow to eat yourself given how defensive you're being.
I don’t remember anyone specifically trashing Jimmy’s basketball abilities, but clearly you do and this is your moment of glory. I’ll step aside while you bask.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Style wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:19 pm
zeitgeist wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:46 pm

I don’t remember anyone specifically trashing Jimmy’s basketball abilities, but clearly you do and this is your moment of glory. I’ll step aside while you bask.
It doesn't really matter what you remember, but thank you.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

I think it’s pretty clear that I was the real genius in the thread. Did I not call the trade? Lol Traded for 2 non difference makers and some garbage pick. I was wrong that he’d never play for the Wolves again. He played 7 games.