Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Okogie > Wiggins

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Okogie > Wiggins

Post by T_J »

Don't @ me..
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Okogie > Wiggins

Post by RubeTube »

Hahaha.. Needed the laugh
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Maybe Wiggins can shine off the bench once Richardson and Okogie surpass him sometime next year in the starting lineup.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Okogie is very far away from being a contributor. Way too out of control.

Wiggins won the Rookie of the year his first season. Okogie isn’t going to achieve that.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
BBG

Post by BBG »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:53 pm Okogie is very far away from being a contributor. Way too out of control.

Wiggins won the Rookie of the year his first season. Okogie isn’t going to achieve that.
Okogie won't get the opportunity to win ROY because he won't get any minutes.

Wiggins got all the minutes his rookie year.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

He has a chance to be. Super bouncy and active, and has a chip on his shoulder and is out to prove something.

Wiggins has been catered to for a long time. Doesnt have that something to prove attitude, because he's been told he's gonna be the #1 pick since like his jr year of highschool.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Everyone is excited to see what Josh can do at this level but some of you have such an agenda it’s sad.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I think my boy TJ wants to make the preposterous statement pool.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

Trade Wiggins to Sacramento for their collection of expiring contracts.

Randolph/Shumpert for Wiggins.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Wiggins needs to go before this team can go anywhere.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:53 pm
Wiggins won the Rookie of the year his first season.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Okogie’s never going to win Rising Stars MVP, so Wiggins already has him boxed up.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I’m the last of the Wiggins supporters. We all have to give him this whole year. If he doesn’t bring it now with all the scrunity from the media, players, and fans, then it will never happen.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Wiggins was supposed to be a superstar. That's looking less and less likely.

Okogie is supposed to be a contributing role-player. That's still very possible.

A bad superstar hurts your team while a good role-player can help it.

Wiggins can be a better player than Okogie and still be less valuable.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 pm Wiggins needs to go before this team can go anywhere.
Yep, he has become a disgrace :thumbsdown:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Brett wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:56 pm Wiggins was supposed to be a superstar. That's looking less and less likely.

Okogie is supposed to be a contributing role-player. That's still very possible.

A bad superstar hurts your team while a good role-player can help it.

Wiggins can be a better player than Okogie and still be less valuable.
Bingo.

Wish this was common knowledge amongst every fan.

But Wiggins will have a 35 point game with some spin moves and fadeaway in year 9 and the Unfades of the world will be like "I TOLD YOU ALL" lol
yep, Beef nailed it.

I still want to caution people on crowning OK-G though. There were plenty who wanted to crown Patton.

Wait until he plays some games before crowning him.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

jodaman01 says relax of Wiggins. Direct your hate at no players right now when the need is so clear to get Thibbs the hell out of this organization.

Until they get a coach who knows how to design an offense to utilize the talent that he has, I will take watching this trash with that in mind.

Since I’ve nailed everything else I’ve posted, you should do yourselves a favor and save yourselves from the inevitable embarrassment of disagreeing with me.

jodaman01 has spoken.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

wiggins is just so disappointing. for all that athleticism, it's absolutely wasted thru his indifference and general lack of skills. three games mean basically nothing - but here's how he's charged out of the gate to reclaim his spot in jimmy's absence, and in that light it is notable:

9 ppg / 2.3 rpg / 0.3 apg / 0.3 spg / 1 bpg on 37% / 29% / 56%

these are the numbers of an overwhelmed Gleaguer on the bubble to make the team, not one of your core pieces.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 am jodaman01 says relax of Wiggins. Direct your hate at no players right now when the need is so clear to get Thibbs the hell out of this organization.

Until they get a coach who knows how to design an offense to utilize the talent that he has, I will take watching this trash with that in mind.

Since I’ve nailed everything else I’ve posted, you should do yourselves a favor and save yourselves from the inevitable embarrassment of disagreeing with me.

jodaman01 has spoken.
You can't teach heart Joda.

Tin Man Wiggins

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:48 am wiggins is just so disappointing. for all that athleticism, it's absolutely wasted thru his indifference and general lack of skills. three games mean basically nothing - but here's how he's charged out of the gate to reclaim his spot in jimmy's absence, and in that light it is notable:

9 ppg / 2.3 rpg / 0.3 apg / 0.3 spg / 1 bpg on 37% / 29% / 56%

these are the numbers of an overwhelmed Gleaguer on the bubble to make the team, not one of your core pieces.
Preseason whatever. He was god fucking awful last night. He should have a chip on his shoulder to prove Jimmy held him back last year. Until otherwise he's now on my shit list and I've backed him a long fucking time.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I keep that same energy everywhere I go!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Style

Post by Style »

Will our max salary, super-freak athlete ever obtain a triple-double in an NBA game?

Here’s a really fun fact: He has never played an NBA game and dished out 10 assists.

Keep that same energy, Wiggy.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:53 am Will our max salary, super-freak athlete ever obtain a triple-double in an NBA game?

Here’s a really fun fact: He has never played an NBA game and dished out 10 assists.

Are you kidding? He could go his entire career without 10 assists in a game and make the hall of fame. He might want to get one fucking game with 10 boards before he makes that reservation though.

Every damn one of us who actually pays attention, every dialed in insider, players, all know Wigs biggest draw back is his head. And for some foolish reason he became the focal point of ESPN (it's Towns) in Butler wanting to leave. Fight back or cringe. Sink or swim. If he can't use this as fuel what will ever get him over the top?

Preseason means nothing to me. But I'll be watching him really close the 1st 5 games. Should be able to tell if we fucked ourselves for the next 5 years.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 am jodaman01 says relax of Wiggins. Direct your hate at no players right now when the need is so clear to get Thibbs the hell out of this organization.

jodaman01 has spoken.

Tin Man Wiggins
See how it plays out. He ain’t going anywhere so bitching about it isn’t changing it, people need to find middle ground and accept what he is and hope for the best.

Thibbs knows it, and realizes he is the one who is going to get fired and not the players. At this point firing him is really the only option they have in changing anything.

Have to find a younger coach who can connect with KAT and Wiggins.....otherwise this franchise is truly done. Calling Monte Williams.

That’s how I see it.
Last edited by jodaman01 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jodaman01 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 am

jodaman01 has spoken.

Tin Man Wiggins
See how it plays out. He ain’t going anywhere so bitching about isn’t changing it.

Thibbs knows it, and realizes he is the one who is going to get fired and not the players.

Have to find a younger coach who can connect with KAT and Wiggins.....otherwise this franchise is truly done.

That’s how I see it.
Not going anywhere so bitching won't change it.

FROM JODOUCHE! CLASSIC!
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:23 am
jodaman01 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 am

Tin Man Wiggins
See how it plays out. He ain’t going anywhere so bitching about isn’t changing it.

Thibbs knows it, and realizes he is the one who is going to get fired and not the players.

Have to find a younger coach who can connect with KAT and Wiggins.....otherwise this franchise is truly done.

That’s how I see it.
Not going anywhere so bitching won't change it.

FROM JODOUCHE! CLASSIC!
But I knew Thibbs and Butler wouldn’t last no matter how much you tried to cry and scream and convince others of how great they were.

I can’t help that I read the situation so damn well.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:17 am
Style wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:53 am Will our max salary, super-freak athlete ever obtain a triple-double in an NBA game?

Preseason means nothing to me. But I'll be watching him really close the 1st 5 games. Should be able to tell if we fucked ourselves for the next 5 years.
332 career regular season and playoff games isn’t quite enough to see if we “fucked ourselves for the next 5 years”, but 337 career regular season and playoff games sure is!

Got it.

I’ll eagerly await your assessment of him in 5 games.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Captain Jack was right!!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think a big part of wiggins "problem" is that he just doesn't run full speed. it's like he's continually in energy saving mode. and sometimes running hard is simply a waste of energy - but in his case, it becomes a pattern that becomes nearly impossible to break out of. it's like his body has become trained and ingrained to think "half speed is basketball speed". and to suddenly break out of that and act dynamically to get involved in a play, it's too much of a shift. he can't do it.

with all of wiggins' deficiencies in terms of skills (and i'd argue that would be mostly ball handling and understanding defensive assignments) - imagine just how much better and more impactful and more disruptive of a player he'd be if he just simply did everything at full speed. no increase in skills, but rather just approaching the game from a corey brewer mindset. it'd be a huge change for the better.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Wiggins gets way too much hate. Can we pipe down and give him this last year to put it together. If he doesn't do it, I'll light the damn pyre myself.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."