Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: Butler requests trade -- Houston offering 4 first rounders 10/25 update

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

I would have taken Allen over Okogie at the draft but I have been surprised with Okogie. His defense is great and he can hit the 3 ball. I love the energy he plays with and holy crap, dude attacks the rim for rebounds.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:57 am I would have taken Allen over Okogie at the draft but I have been surprised with Okogie. His defense is great and he can hit the 3 ball. I love the energy he plays with and holy crap, dude attacks the rim for rebounds.
Was a big fan of Allen all year but even in hind sight I still take Okogie. He is my favorite kind of player and the kind most do not appreciate enough. I go back to that Mil game in the 1st half he was so far and away the best player but you would have no idea from the box score. He had 2 points and 2 rebounds? Who cares? But he also had a steal, took 2 charges, saved the ball in bounds to a teammate at least twice. Had numerous boards that he did not get but tipped out to teammates and multiple deflections that forced Mil to reset. He is an absolute tornado out there.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

PA said he "heard on good authority" that Butlers being moved soon fwiw. Hopefully it's not the Carmelo Anthony authority
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Pacman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:08 pm PA said he "heard on good authority" that Butlers being moved soon fwiw. Hopefully it's not the Carmelo Anthony authority
:lol: "IALTO"
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Corre Ricky Corre

Pacman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:08 pm PA said he "heard on good authority" that Butlers being moved soon fwiw. Hopefully it's not the Carmelo Anthony authority
I hope so!

On The Prowl
@ontheprowl_MN
The #Wolves rank last in the NBA in attendance, with an average of 15,227 fans for the team’s first three home games.

10:23 AM - Oct 29, 2018
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm
Still one of the funniest things he’s ever opined as no way Melo was coming to Minnesota
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sid Hartman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:33 pm
Still one of the funniest things he’s ever opined as no way Melo was coming to Minnesota
His source was the infamous Sam Smith.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Damn I can't even remember what era of the Wolves that was. Was that near the end of the KG era or was it after that?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Damn I can't even remember what era of the Wolves that was. Was that near the end of the KG era or was it after that?
Love era.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Read from a post on RealGM that PA said 24-72 hours and that Houston and Philly are the main contenders.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 pm
Read from a post on RealGM that PA said 24-72 hours and that Houston and Philly are the main contenders.
Teams getting desperate early, gotta love it.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Covington and Fultz lets go
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Corre Ricky Corre

If it is down to the Rockets, 76ers, and Heat here are the deals I would do.

----Rockets----
Eric Gordon, 4 first round picks

----76ers----
Covington & Saric
Covington, Fultz, Shamet, 1st
Covington, Shamet, Zhaire Smith, 1st

----Heat----
Richardson, Whiteside, 1st
Richardson, Olynyk, 1st
Richardson, Bam, 1st
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Rockets deal above is the worst. I want no part of it.

The other 2 are good.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:58 pm
Forgot to add the Philly part. Probably the most interesting for me

Then again I'm probably one of the few who likes Fultz still even tho his story is bizarre

Rockets deal is for sure my least favorite
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:26 pm If it is down to the Rockets, 76ers, and Heat here are the deals I would do.

----Rockets----
Eric Gordon, 4 first round picks

----76ers----
Covington & Saric
Covington, Fultz, Shamet, 1st
Covington, Shamet, Zhaire Smith, 1st

----Heat----
Richardson, Whiteside, 1st
Richardson, Olynyk, 1st
Richardson, Bam, 1st
In for all versions of the Heat.

76ers .. top one yes. Second yes... third, don't know enough about Smith but probably a yes.

Rockets.... geez, if Josh Richardson and Robert Covington aren't on the table.... maybe. Gordon's shooting percentage looks pretty bad this year, I know he's playing a certain role over there. I wish Brandon Knight was expiring so they could send that with Gorgui to clear some room. I don't think the Rockets would offer Gordon + 4 firsts for Butler. Can the Wolves get someone else in the deal and spin 1-2 firsts to them for something else?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Richardson, Whiteside, pick or Covington and Saric.

I don't think either will be on the table so that leaves Richardson, Bam, 1st.
Corre Ricky Corre

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:21 pm Richardson, Whiteside, pick or Covington and Saric.

I don't think either will be on the table so that leaves Richardson, Bam, 1st.
I would much rather have Bam than Whiteside. Bam is going to be a stud.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I am a sucker for 1st overall picks, I want to see what Fultz can bring.
Style

Post by Style »

Philly can definitely put together a nice package. A little side perk could be getting Miami’s 2021 unprotected pick. We screw over Miami while still collecting their pick.

The bits I’ve watched of Philly, I haven’t been focused on Covington. He seems to be a fan favorite on this board. Why? He’s about to be 28. I’d rather roll with the pick, Saric, Fultz, or Smith due to their ages more closely aligning with Wiggins/KAT.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Style wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:56 pm Philly can definitely put together a nice package. A little side perk could be getting Miami’s 2021 unprotected pick. We screw over Miami while still collecting their pick.

The bits I’ve watched of Philly, I haven’t been focused on Covington. He seems to be a fan favorite on this board. Why? He’s about to be 28. I’d rather roll with the pick, Saric, Fultz, or Smith due to their ages more closely aligning with Wiggins/KAT.
Have you heard of Tom Thibidoughboy?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I think if we go with a youngster like Fultz, Thibs days are definitely numbered. We'd need a coach that can actually connect to young players.

Fultz, Okogie, Wiggins, KAT, Young C (given up on Patton ever being healthy :()
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

LordNu wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:08 pm I think if we go with a youngster like Fultz, Thibs days are definitely numbered. We'd need a coach that can actually connect to young players.

Fultz, Okogie, Wiggins, KAT, Young C (given up on Patton ever being healthy :()
There isn’t any circumstance in which Thibbs keeps his job.

He is responsible for this mess.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Style wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:56 pm Philly can definitely put together a nice package. A little side perk could be getting Miami’s 2021 unprotected pick. We screw over Miami while still collecting their pick.

28 is young, he’s on a 3 year deal and he was first team all defense.
Style

Post by Style »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm

When Wiggins/KAT are entering their primes, he will be leaving his prime. Definitely not the centerpiece I want in a Butler trade.

Miami’s 2021 unprotected pick, Fultz, Smith, Shamet, and Saric are the targets. Get some combination of those guys. Stack the young guys. Add another young guy via our pick in this draft. Hire a young, personable HC to develop the talent and build the team for the post GS dominance.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Style wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:18 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm

When Wiggins/KAT are entering their primes, he will be leaving his prime. Definitely not the centerpiece I want in a Butler trade.

Miami’s 2021 unprotected pick, Fultz, Smith, Shamet, and Saric are the targets. Get some combination of those guys. Stack the young guys. Add another young guy via our pick in this draft. Hire a young, personable HC to develop the talent and build the team for the post GS dominance.
He's not the center piece. Fultz and Covington together and he would be Taj's age when those guys would be entering their prime. Still need vets and toughness on the team.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I would trade Butler for Ingram And KCP come December 15
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 pm I would trade Butler for Ingram And KCP come December 15
Absolutely. If a guy wants out and youre up against a wall, you are ecstatic if you can get a young piece like that back. I would hope you could squeeze out a 1st round pick as well, but not a deal breaker.

I still feel the Lakers are going to be patient. LeBron had to have been sold on patience to go there, knowing this coming offseason is when they will make their big splash. If he bought in to that, Butler aint going there. However, even if he did buy into the patience pitch, if they find themselves around the 5-9 spots in the conference come the trade deadline, LeBron and management might both feel the need to add someone else to ensure they make the playoffs. You can't have LeBron on your team, and not make the playoffs. So let's all cheer for failure from them in the next few months.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 pm I would trade Butler for Ingram And KCP come December 15
I would love that.

I think they would dump KCP, but after watching Ingram tonight I don’t see how they could ever trade him. His game reminds me of Durant. If you are LA you don’t trade that for Butler.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I'd probably trade Butler for Ingram straight up at this point. KAT, Wiggins, Okogie and Ingram for the next 4-5 years? Sign me up.