Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
LordNu

Re: Butler requests trade -- Houston offering 4 first rounders 10/25 update

Post by LordNu »

morneaumvp wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:11 pm Here is what I was talking about, could be BS though.

Thibs would probably cause a scene to force a firing before he let this happen

I think it is BS, this is not an official media page, its like bleacher fro what I gather.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:11 pm Shams says the Sixers are interested in Jimmy Butler now.

Fultz and Covington. It’s a done deal for me.

Wolves would have 3 number 1 overall picks to bound around. Covington solid as hell 3-D guy.
Get a first rounder in there and we have a fucking deal.

So many desperate teams out here for us to swindle :naners:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

LordNu wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:11 pm
morneaumvp wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:11 pm Here is what I was talking about, could be BS though.

Thibs would probably cause a scene to force a firing before he let this happen

I think it is BS, this is not an official media page, its like bleacher fro what I gather.
Yeah, thats what I am hoping it is.

I don't trust Glen to do SH!T
bri

Post by bri »

Cmon Covington + Saric :D
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Fultz is still kinda brutal out there. Trading for him as the center piece is really rolling that dice.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

76ers are getting killed with him on the court.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:24 pm Fultz is still kinda brutal out there. Trading for him as the center piece is really rolling that dice.
Laughable to think we'd take Fultz. Unless of course Taylor is taking over. Then par for the course. They'd tell Glen he was the 1st pick in the draft and with his awesome knowledge he'd bite.

Don't know shit about basketball.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:35 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:24 pm Fultz is still kinda brutal out there. Trading for him as the center piece is really rolling that dice.
Laughable to think we'd take Fultz. Unless of course Taylor is taking over. Then par for the course. They'd tell Glen he was the 1st pick in the draft and with his awesome knowledge he'd bite.

Fultz has skills. Obviously. Playing him off the ball at the 2 isn't doing him any favors in Philly. He needs the ball. If he ever shakes the yips, he can be great. That's a lot to gamble on at this point in time. Covington would be a very nice piece to add. And Saric is really solid. They have intriguing pieces.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Fultz has skills. Obviously. Playing him off the ball at the 2 isn't doing him any favors in Philly. He needs the ball. If he ever shakes the yips, he can be great. That's a lot to gamble on at this point in time. Covington would be a very nice piece to add. And Saric is really solid. They have intriguing pieces.
Who ever shakes the yips? We are supposed to trade for him and his value is what he might be if he can completely learn to shoot again because he has a mental issue? What's the value of that?

They have nothing Mia hasn't already blown out of the water.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Who ever shakes the yips? We are supposed to trade for him and his value is what he might be if he can completely learn to shoot again because he has a mental issue? What's the value of that?

Learn the game!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm

It happens. He's so young he can still put it together. He easily has the highest ceiling over all the guys in the conversation. If you can get a Covington or Saric and Fultz, maybe a little sweetener somewhere. That's good value. I would do that.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Fuktz. Barf
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

T_J wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:49 pmFuktz. Barf
Covington and Fultz is a WHOLE lot better than this Rockets deal that would likely be a bunch of late firsts and we have to wait 7 years to cash in on all of them. Fuck that.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:51 pm
T_J wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:49 pmFuktz. Barf
Covington and Fultz is a WHOLE lot better than this Rockets deal that would likely be a bunch of late firsts and we have to wait 7 years to cash in on all of them. Fuck that.
Agree. Not interested in 4 late first rounders.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Not sure which i'd want, Saric and Covington or Richardson and Whiteside. :thinking:

As TJ put it, Barf to Fultz and barf to draft picks.
Last edited by Moses Scurry on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I would do Richardson/whoever too. Not keen on Waiters or Whiteside. I think getting decent return on Butler and moving on from that drama is the best thing for the team.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pm I would do Richardson/whoever too. Not keen on Waiters or Whiteside. I think getting decent return on Butler and moving on from that drama is the best thing for the team.
Richardson is literally the only guy I want from any of those trades. Sure plenty of throw in's or picks that make me happy but the main guy so far it's Richardson and no close 2nd.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 pm 76ers are getting killed with him on the court.
He needs to be the primary ball handler.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm Who ever shakes the yips?
T_J

Post by T_J »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 pm 76ers are getting killed with him on the court.
Over Simmons? Get outta here.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

T_J wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 pm
No, he means in general. I would agree. But obviously dont take the ball out of Simmons hands. Dude is too good.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 pm
T_J wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 pm

No, he means in general. I would agree. But obviously dont take the ball out of Simmons hands. Dude is too good.
Yes this is correct.

Simmons runs better at point. So does Fultz. That’s why it’s not working with both of them in the starting line up in philly.

Jeff Teague is not the future here. Fultz, Covington, and a pick. Get it done this weekend
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Finger Licking Good

Post by Finger Licking Good »

Get JRich or Saric, a pick, plus whatever. Just don't take on any shitty contracts.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Houston got stomped tonight too.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Rather have Richardson...swallow pride and call Miami back and beg for rich, the long hair and a protected first....
j2j

Post by j2j »

T_J wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:28 pm Houston got stomped tonight too.
Harden is out for a bit, isnt he?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I did post a few weeks ago I'd do Butler for Rich plus whatever contract they want to get rid of/that works. Dragic, Whiteside, Johnson. They want to sweeten it by a protected pick? Where do I sign?

I'd still do it without the pick. This team needs to move on and not burn this season with it.
T_J

Post by T_J »

j2j wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:16 pm
T_J wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:28 pm Houston got stomped tonight too.
Harden is out for a bit, isnt he?
Yeah forgot about that. Was just scrolling through scores.
T_J

Post by T_J »

YBBR wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 pm I did post a few weeks ago I'd do Butler for Rich plus whatever contract they want to get rid of/that works. Dragic, Whiteside, Johnson. They want to sweeten it by a protected pick? Where do I sign?

I'd still do it without the pick. This team needs to move on and not burn this season with it.
The team has clearly quit on the coach. He should be canned but who is going to make the Jimmy trade and potentially if that happens, then it may as well be a borderline tank year/play all the young guys. I know I don't want Glen making personnel decisions. But basically anyone on the roster other than Towns or Okogie should be tradable.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Take the 4 picks Houston is offering! Its a no brainer if its on the table.

Problem is, neither Thibs, nor Glen are in this for the long haul, so they don't/won't see the benefit in that.