Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: *** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

Post by somuchyummy »

i'd say tennessee adjusted well. i saw the game only on and off - was schofield matched up against johnson for most of the day? just noticed that they have nearly identical boxscore stats. one thing i did see from schofield in the short time i watched was his ability to go up thru and over a crowd to get a rebound. i think he'll do just fine in the pros in that regard.

on a side note: what is it about kansas' dedric lawson where he gets no draft love? guy just produces. another ho hum 20 and 15 game today in a win over OkSt. 6-8 230 PF - i get that he's smallish - but he has a 7-2 wingspan and just seems to get stuff done. could he play the 3 in the pros?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:26 pm i'd say tennessee adjusted well. i saw the game only on and off - was schofield matched up against johnson for most of the day? just noticed that they have nearly identical boxscore stats. one thing i did see from schofield in the short time i watched was his ability to go up thru and over a crowd to get a rebound. i think he'll do just fine in the pros in that regard.

on a side note: what is it about kansas' dedric lawson where he gets no draft love? guy just produces. another ho hum 20 and 15 game today in a win over OkSt. 6-8 230 PF - i get that he's smallish - but he has a 7-2 wingspan and just seems to get stuff done. could he play the 3 in the pros?
No need to sell me on Schofield. Don't care if we have 10 wings, he can be #11 and work his way up to 3rd by the 2nd day of camp. But there is no way he gets out of the 1st round now.

Tenn took advantage of no Travis early and played tougher inside. But their PG was the difference. Flaking his name but he;s a blur with the ball. He's not a good shooter but was today.

Lot's of stuff with Lawson. He's an older transfer that was.......not a fat guy, but not in shape until this year. And while he's not really small he's largely a back to the basket guy and the NBA doesn't like that unless you are a legit 7 feet. He also had some "problem" rep attached to him.

You see Dante Hall earlier? He was great. If his team wasn't full of quick shot morons they would be as much better as he would. 100% in my top 3-4 for 2nd rounder if we go PG in the 1st.

This would be my plan right now. Try to get the best pick (tank) and hope Garfield falls to us. If not trade back with the Nets. I definitely see them wanting to package up. They don't need a ton more youth and they would love to save some extra cap space. Then I'm taking whoever is left from the crop of bigs and Scofield and I'll grab a PG in the 2nd. But as always every player 1000% has to be tough and a good defender.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:26 pm i'd say tennessee adjusted well. i saw the game only on and off - was schofield matched up against johnson for most of the day? just noticed that they have nearly identical boxscore stats. one thing i did see from schofield in the short time i watched was his ability to go up thru and over a crowd to get a rebound. i think he'll do just fine in the pros in that regard.

He’s not very athletic and he can’t shoot outside of 12 feet consistently. That’s what scouts say. I watch Kansas and he’s fine but he’s not an NBA player imho.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:48 pm

He’s not very athletic and he can’t shoot outside of 12 feet consistently. That’s what scouts say. I watch Kansas and he’s fine but he’s not an NBA player imho.
He's an NBA player. But his uniform the 1st 2 years will be the Gleague affiliate and likely a suit after that.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm

No need to sell me on Schofield. Don't care if we have 10 wings, he can be #11 and work his way up to 3rd by the 2nd day of camp. But there is no way he gets out of the 1st round now.

Tenn took advantage of no Travis early and played tougher inside. But their PG was the difference. Flaking his name but he;s a blur with the ball. He's not a good shooter but was today.

Lot's of stuff with Lawson. He's an older transfer that was.......not a fat guy, but not in shape until this year. And while he's not really small he's largely a back to the basket guy and the NBA doesn't like that unless you are a legit 7 feet. He also had some "problem" rep attached to him.

You see Dante Hall earlier? He was great. If his team wasn't full of quick shot morons they would be as much better as he would. 100% in my top 3-4 for 2nd rounder if we go PG in the 1st.

This would be my plan right now. Try to get the best pick (tank) and hope Garfield falls to us. If not trade back with the Nets. I definitely see them wanting to package up. They don't need a ton more youth and they would love to save some extra cap space. Then I'm taking whoever is left from the crop of bigs and Scofield and I'll grab a PG in the 2nd. But as always every player 1000% has to be tough and a good defender.
i like the idea of a trade back for two. sell me on garland though in case he falls to us in the lottery (i'm assuming that's who you meant with "garfield"). got all sorts of positives, i know that - but for a team who needs to ramp up on D, how does he figure there? looks to me like a smallish guy who will have trouble. an inch taller than tyus but nearly 20 pounds lighter? how is he not going to get pushed around in the pros?

btw, have you seen espn's 2019 best players rankings? it's weird because it has to be pretty recent - jaxson hayes is listed at #10, and his rise only came fairly recently. some of it though just runs counter to a lot of other analysis. here's who didn't even make the draft cut of top 60: tyus battle #63, kris wilkes #68, quentin grimes #69, simi shittu #71, zach norvell #73, killian tillie #74, sagaba konate #76, ky bowman #78, cody martin #80, markus howard #81, ignas brazdeikis #83, aric holman #88, kerwin roach #89 and robert franks #99.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm

i like the idea of a trade back for two. sell me on garland though (i'm assuming that's who you meant with "garfield"). got all sorts of positives, i know that - but for a team who needs to ramp up on D, how does he figure there? looks to me like a smallish guy who will have trouble. an inch taller than tyus but nearly 20 pounds lighter? how is he not going to get pushed around in the pros?
Yeah, my bad. I do that every other time. And you will hate how I sell you on him but it seems obvious to me. He is.....................................................................wait for it..................................... A better shooting Jeff Teague. It sounds annoying I know but imagine Teague with a little more height, a little quicker shot, more range, and more confidence to shoot it. If he played all year he'd be in the top 6 minimum. He's too slick for the college game. He'd have scored at will. He'll do that in the pros too.

A lot would have to go right to get him though. We'd need to be 10 not 13-14. All the teams in front wjho need PG would need to be 1-2-3 and then the rest to not move back with a team jumping us to get him. It won't happen. The way it's playing out to me is the players that have the most value when we pick will not be roster needs for us. And just for once in my horrible Wolves fandom I want us to do what I fucking want. Get extra picks, use them on players that fit, play hard, and are good defenders.

Or take a guy with a nice smile, sell the other pick (we don't need another rook right 99% of rube chat) Then let every FA go, sign no one, complain how we can't draw fans and claim(lie) we are losing 20 mil when they put the FUCKING NUMBERS on the internet.

Back to my old Wolves shit after one year off. 50% draft, 50% hope Taylor dies before the draft.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i've already seen the jeff teague comp and threw up a little in my mouth. but i hear what you're saying. teague did once in a lifetime far far away from here play in an allstar game. but garland would still have to do some significant weightlifting to approach teague's body. right now he's a noodle. and my brain, heart, soul and spleen are screaming "PLEASE NO MORE NOODLES!!!!"

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 pm i've already seen the jeff teague comp and threw up a little in my mouth. but i hear what you're saying. teague did once in a lifetime far far away from here play in an allstar game. but garland would still have to do some significant weightlifting to approach teague's body. right now he's a noodle. and my brain, heart, soul and spleen are screaming "PLEASE NO MORE NOODLES!!!!"

He;s not that skinny. There's some good youtube on him. Go check it out and tell me he doesn't remind you of Teague with the ball in his hands

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

no, he does get to where he wants to go with the ball much like jeff teague can. but they are the same height and teague is a full 20 pounds heavier - and if you look at teague you know that ain't fat. so i do think garland's got some serious work to do - 20 pounds of muscle isn't insignificant.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:09 am no, he does get to where he wants to go with the ball much like jeff teague can. but they are the same height and teague is a full 20 pounds heavier - and if you look at teague you know that ain't fat. so i do think garland's got some serious work to do - 20 pounds of muscle isn't insignificant.
I don't ever buy listed heights or weights. Teague does not look taller than him and Garland is so good at quickly getting his shot off. And better range than Teague. And not afraid to shoot. I take him 100% at wherever we pick. One nice thing is that Coby White has really been coming on. Big game yesterday on prime time TV. He's more a combo right now but some teams like that ability to play 2 spots.

In the end if we are 12-14 I doubt we have a shot at either. Look at the teams in front of us. Almost every one could take PG.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

coby white's going to have to take a dramatic swing upwards while a bunch of others fall for him to NOT be available when we pick. he looked pretty good yesterday.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:17 pm coby white's going to have to take a dramatic swing upwards while a bunch of others fall for him to NOT be available when we pick. he looked pretty good yesterday.
Don't believe that. He'll be gone. If there's one thing that gets you drafted higher is can you hit a 3. It's stupid. It's one thing. But it's the new NBA thing you get here that apparently doesn't care as long as you score 140 even if you give up 150. Him going ahead of Garland would be the ultimate version of that. Don't get me wrong, if he;s there and Garland is gone I'm giving it a ton of thought. But I'm shit faced.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

new mock from basketball insiders out today has us taking deandre hunter at 10 and matisse thybulle at 40.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:13 pm new mock from basketball insiders out today has us taking deandre hunter at 10 and matisse thybulle at 40.
Thybulle is perhaps the most disruptive defender of ALL TIME. I mean an absolute freak of nature. The human stats misprint. He has literally no offensive skills past HS level but can hit FT's. Gets very little rebounds but only because they play exclusively zone with him at the point. He averages 2.2 blk and 3.4 stl. That's freakish. I would kill everyone twice to get him in the 2nd but we all know that Cash Considerations will be the pick.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

latest update from nbadraft.net has an interesting second round fivesome: 38/pj washington - 39/sagaba konate - 40/admiral schofield - 41(wolves pick)/markus howard - 42/carsen edwards

i'd be very okay with howard in the second round. not sure if he's got starter material, but i think he does have the tools and moxie to be a very successful bench gunslinger. there are guys of his ilk making it work in today's nba - we could use that on our bench as well, especially as rose moves on.

update: man, do i know how to pick em or what?!?!?! (maybe the answer is the latter). i'm hoping we get either markus howard or carsen edwards in the second round this summer, and tonight howard puts up SIX going 2 for 11 in a bad loss to seton hall - and yesterday, edwards sinks purdue's chances against minnesota by shooting them out of the game. 22 points but on a ridiculous 7 of 31 from the field. repeat after me, body of work - body of work.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 pm latest update from nbadraft.net has an interesting second round fivesome: 38/pj washington - 39/sagaba konate - 40/admiral schofield - 41(wolves pick)/markus howard - 42/carsen edwards

i'd be very okay with howard in the second round. not sure if he's got starter material, but i think he does have the tools and moxie to be a very successful bench gunslinger. there are guys of his ilk making it work in today's nba - we could use that on our bench as well, especially as rose moves on.

update: man, do i know how to pick em or what?!?!?! (maybe the answer is the latter). i'm hoping we get either markus howard or carsen edwards in the second round this summer, and tonight howard puts up SIX going 2 for 11 in a bad loss to seton hall - and yesterday, edwards sinks purdue's chances against minnesota by shooting them out of the game. 22 points but on a ridiculous 7 of 31 from the field. repeat after me, body of work - body of work.
That's what those guys are. They are JJ. Barea. And you can get a lot of worth out of those types if you are smart enough to ride them hot and yank them out on those cold nights before they get up 6 missed in 2 minutes. Not sure exactly what we will do about Rose or if he'll last if we do re-sign him. But we are gonna need another bench gun eventually.

But even saying that after watching the last few games it just reinforces my goals for the team. Towns is putting up otherworldly offensive numbers, looking like at worst a top 3 offensive player and we go 1-4. 1-9 in our last 10 road games. 2nd worst team in the league on D since the Butler trade. Not to mention the numbers Rose is putting up with the 2nd unit. W need to add more D. All D. Get an extra pick and I'm on board with one of the little guns for the future. Short of that out best chance is a good defending starting PG, a freak athlete 4 to start.

Damn Heat are reall screwing us winning 3 in a row and back in the 8th spot. Our 2nd has dropped like 8 spots. Would love to be able to have choices between a PG and a falling big there but don't think we could take a chance waiting on big if the Heat make the playoffs.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

even if the heat drop our second rounder a bunch we'll still have a shot at roach. i don't think i've ever seen him mocked higher than fifty - and in lots of scenarios he's not making top 60 at all.

what do you think of alexander-walker as a possible first rounder - with thoughts of him going PG fulltime?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:06 am even if the heat drop our second rounder a bunch we'll still have a shot at roach. i don't think i've ever seen him mocked higher than fifty - and in lots of scenarios he's not making top 60 at all.

what do you think of alexander-walker as a possible first rounder - with thoughts of him going PG fulltime?
No, no. Not a fan. Seen them a good 5-6 times this year since they started talking about him moving to full time PG in the NBA. No way. 2 guard that can help you bring the ball up? Sure. Good enough handle some pick and roll? OK. But his assist to TO is 3.8 to 2.9. He's not a good finisher. Hes gotta get 3 shots blocked a game. I really don't get all the talk. I mean, he may have the length and and handle to look like he could develop but he's no raw freshman. I think he's a straight up 2.

Coby White is the only other PG I'd consider where we will pick but he will also be gone. Too many teams desperate for PG at the top. Would consider Tre after a trade down but I'd have to see some shot improvement late before his D would be enough to take. I just somehow see Taylor making both of the brothers on the same team blow up and take like 5 others with them
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

oooh, i've just been struck with a fiendishly naughty thought - nearly kahnsian in nature, although it doesn't involve picking two PGs back to back in the early lottery. but it could involve picking two PGs over the course of two rounds if the chips fall the right way. the nba's a PG league right now, so hear me out goddammit.

part of the problem we have at the point is the degree of uncertainty over what we'll do with our bevy of PGs next year. will teague opt in? does rose deserve a new multi-year contract? (in my view, no - too risky). how much would we have to spend to resign tyus and is it worth it? drafting two PGs would cut thru that crap and would clearly plot our course for the future.

step one: consensus #2 overall PG darius garland falls to us. if he's there, we have to take him - because he'd be a legit contender for the coveted "PG of the future" thingie.

step two: one or both of two very intriguing backup-type scoring machine PGs still are available when our pick is due in the second round. purdue's big ten scoring leader carsen edwards and marquette's #6 in the NCAA scorer extraordinaire markus howard. we take one of those guys.

rose (and also bayless) then are not offered anything. we'll miss rose, but you know, some nights we won't miss him. he's still prone to hero ball at the expense of sharing the rock.

then, if teague decides to opt in , we'd simply let tyus walk - and go VETteague/garland/(edwards or howard) until some point in the season when garland ascends to the throne and jeff becomes the backup scoring dude.

OR... teague doesn't like the looks of two new young PGs joining the team and opts out. then we sign tyus to the most reasonable short term deal we can, and do the previously-laid out plan of VETtyus/garland/(howard or edwards) until that time when garland ascends to the throne and tyus comes off the bench. in any event, this idea cuts a swath thru the PG swamp we have now - and clearly lays out what the eventual PG situation will be with the team. namely, darius garland starting and either carsen edwards or markus howard as the #2.

brilliant!

this tack, of course, doesn't address needs at PF, but you just do that in free agency. especially if teague leaves, you'd have some money to throw at the likes of ed davis, jamychal green, marcus morris, kyle o'quinn, nikola mrotic, noah vonleh, etc to pair with dario at the four.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:35 pm oooh, i've just been struck with a fiendishly naughty thought - nearly kahnsian in nature, although it doesn't involve picking two PGs back to back in the early lottery. but it could involve picking two PGs over the course of two rounds if the chips fall the right way. the nba's a PG league right now, so hear me out goddammit.

part of the problem we have at the point is the degree of uncertainty over what we'll do with our bevy of PGs next year. will teague opt in? does rose deserve a new multi-year contract? (in my view, no - too risky). how much would we have to spend to resign tyus and is it worth it? drafting two PGs would cut thru that crap and would clearly plot our course for the future.

step one: consensus #2 overall PG darius garland falls to us. if he's there, we have to take him - because he'd be a legit contender for the coveted "PG of the future" thingie.

step two: one or both of two very intriguing backup-type scoring machine PGs still are available when our pick is due in the second round. purdue's big ten scoring leader carsen edwards and marquette's #6 in the NCAA scorer extraordinaire markus howard. we take one of those guys.

rose (and also bayless) then are not offered anything. we'll miss rose, but you know, some nights we won't miss him. he's still prone to hero ball at the expense of sharing the rock.

then, if teague decides to opt in , we'd simply let tyus walk - and go VETteague/garland/(edwards or howard) until some point in the season when garland ascends to the throne and jeff becomes the backup scoring dude.

OR... teague doesn't like the looks of two new young PGs joining the team and opts out. then we sign tyus to the most reasonable short term deal we can, and do the previously-laid out plan of VETtyus/garland/(howard or edwards) until that time when garland ascends to the throne and tyus comes off the bench. in any event, this idea cuts a swath thru the PG swamp we have now - and clearly lays out what the eventual PG situation will be with the team. namely, darius garland starting and either carsen edwards or markus howard as the #2.

brilliant!

this tack, of course, doesn't address needs at PF, but you just do that in free agency. especially if teague leaves, you'd have some money to throw at the likes of ed davis, jamychal green, marcus morris, kyle o'quinn, nikola mrotic, noah vonleh, etc to pair with dario at the four.
I think you could likely trade Teague pretty easily to a team that can't attract or draft their PG of the future and wants to take a step without long term money. Say for instance Pho gets #1 and Zion or #4 and Morant is gone and they don't value Garland that high. More than a couple teams need PG high and that could happen to them. And we would know that well before our pick. Best case a small asset and space.

But not really seeing the take 2 PG's thing. Yeah we're gonna need a PG of the future but we likely will have early Bird rights on Rose. Not sure if last year counts as a year but if it does we should be able to exceed the cap up to the MLE with him. Not letting him just walk if that's the case. I'd take an even deal with Teague where we take back money plus an asset or a deal that gets us no asset but 6-8 mil in space to appease the miser into using the MLE and the early bird. He walks great. If not I wouldn't just move him for little or nothing. Too good a chance you could get a decent return for him at the deadline.

In the end, literally in the end, our by far biggest problem is we can't get stops. Teams will put Towns in P&R until we do something different and we will give up easy dunks, FT's and offensive rebounds that cost us the game. An athletic big who can move his feet and block shots. Get that or trade Towns. Those are your options if you want to get stops late. We aren't trading Towns so you can't be getting cute or waiting or hoping. You have to take multiple shots at it if you must. If you replaced Wigs with P. George and Teague with Beverley you'd still have the same problem on D.

But as to Dario. I'd trade him for a whole bunch of different players. I'd probably trade him for any pick 25 and above. He's good. I like him. He's a bad fit. If you could turn him straight up into a worse offensive player but better defender you do it.

Oops. Forgot to mention ..................nice plan Kahn.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

completely see the need for adding some defensive bigs to the team. i just think that, while you can find them in the draft, there are other ways to pick them up too. kyle o'quinn is a pretty decent defensive rebounding big - he's on a one year $4M deal. ed davis is on a one year $4.4M deal. jamychal green is on the last year of a two year deal making just $7.7M this year. you like donta hall? - or guys like donta hall? they're out there and both he and others of his ilk could very likely be UDFAs after the draft. the problem is simply "will the wolves actually pursue those other very affordable options?" khem birch gives you an active body and hard fought minutes in that role. he's on a one year $1.3M deal. give a call to norvel pelle - have you watched his highlight reel? guy's an animal shotblocker. he could be had for peanuts. i'm not saying that all of these guys would be big minutes players - only that they're out there and could be integrated into the rotation in a way that stiffens our D. athletic bigs i feel are more easily found than players whose games rely more on skill.

so if i look at our team - C seems set next year with KAT and gorgs - SF probably set with cov/deng/KBD - SG set with wigs and okogie .... the only two conflicted slots seem to be PF and PG. at PF, i think taj and tolly will depart, leaving only saric. and i'm okay with seeing how that plays out. let's find an athletic D-minded guy to share minutes. that's where i think one of these FAs (or two) could be had for reasonable money.

but our PG slot just seems to me to be an absolute quadrupleclusterfuck. four guys - NONE of whom we're particularly excited about. so let's keep ONE of those guys to steady the ship, let the others go - but then use the draft to find TWO new dynamic skilled players to bury the clusterfuck and carry us into the 2020s. (i don't care about rose and an MLE - it wouldn't surprise me at all if "whoever" signs him to his next 3 year deal sees him languishing on the IR for major stretches of that commitment. i don't want that team to be us.)

like i said in the earlier posting, this all would depend on if those particular players stayed on the board for us on draft night (there's a possibility of yes, that's why i brought this idea up ) - and if that's what we'd decide to do - go with two PGs - i could get behind the logic.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:49 pm completely see the need for adding some defensive bigs to the team. i just think that, while you can find them in the draft, there are other ways to pick them up too. kyle o'quinn is a pretty decent defensive rebounding big - he's on a one year $4M deal. ed davis is on a one year $4.4M deal. jamychal green is on the last year of a two year deal making just $7.7M this year. you like donta hall? - or guys like donta hall? they're out there and both he and others of his ilk could very likely be UDFAs after the draft. the problem is simply "will the wolves actually pursue those other very affordable options?" khem birch gives you an active body and hard fought minutes in that role. he's on a one year $1.3M deal. give a call to norvel pelle - have you watched his highlight reel? guy's an animal shotblocker. he could be had for peanuts. i'm not saying that all of these guys would be big minutes players - only that they're out there and could be integrated into the rotation in a way that stiffens our D. athletic bigs i feel are more easily found than players whose games rely more on skill.

so if i look at our team - C seems set next year with KAT and gorgs - SF probably set with cov/deng/KBD - SG set with wigs and okogie .... the only two conflicted slots seem to be PF and PG. at PF, i think taj and tolly will depart, leaving only saric. and i'm okay with seeing how that plays out. let's find an athletic D-minded guy to share minutes. that's where i think one of these FAs (or two) could be had for reasonable money.

but our PG slot just seems to me to be an absolute quadrupleclusterfuck. four guys - NONE of whom we're particularly excited about. so let's keep ONE of those guys to steady the ship, let the others go - but then use the draft to find TWO new dynamic skilled players to bury the clusterfuck and carry us into the 2020s. (i don't care about rose and an MLE - it wouldn't surprise me at all if "whoever" signs him to his next 3 year deal sees him languishing on the IR for major stretches of that commitment. i don't want that team to be us.)

like i said in the earlier posting, this all would depend on if those particular players stayed on the board for us on draft night (there's a possibility of yes, that's why i brought this idea up ) - and if that's what we'd decide to do - go with two PGs - i could get behind the logic.
Those are some solid big shot blocker types but we need a guy who can really move his feet and play the P&R too. And if I had my way be able to cover a lot of ground in a zone D which I don't understand why we don't play.

The Pelle and Birch types we better come away with at least one in FA. But liikely never more than bit guys. I really would love to get a guy you can see next to Towns regularly by the end of next year and 4 more to come. But of course if the talent level is too great to pass you take a guy you think has star potential regardless of position as long as he defends. There are always trades that can be made. Be interesting to see if Saric and the pick could get us a good young defensive big.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Big day in college basketball tomorrow. Virginia/Louisville will have NBA prospects, as will Michigan/Michigan St., and of course Duke/North Carolina. Texas Tech/Iowa St is a low key great game too.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

does packaging our pick plus saric to the nets for their 27th and 31th plus jarrett allen do anything for you? and would the nets bite on that?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 pm Big day in college basketball tomorrow. Virginia/Louisville will have NBA prospects, as will Michigan/Michigan St., and of course Duke/North Carolina. Texas Tech/Iowa St is a low key great game too.
i think marquette is playing early afternoon - i want to see how howard responds after his horrible last outing.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Tenn/Auburn good game right now. Probably watch Tex and Jaxson though. He has sort of hit the freshman wall for a while. Have to see if he can turn it back up and get in the mix at our pick. Right now looks like he should maybe stay another year. Looks like Roach is still suspended.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

chuma okeke raising his draft stock with a great game today in auburn's win over tenn.

howard having difficulty again with his shot. last two games now, he's a combined 5 of 25 from the field. let's see if he can put it together in the second half.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:48 pm chuma okeke raising his draft stock with a great game today in auburn's win over tenn.

howard having difficulty again with his shot. last two games now, he's a combined 5 of 25 from the field. let's see if he can put it together in the second half.
Okeke has been rising up boards but I just don't get it. Missed most of the game today. But I've seen his maybe 3 times since he started showing up in mocks and he seems years away. He's got the raw tools but he gets lost on D a lot and that's 90% of what I care about.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Well, I guess that opens up the draft a lot for me. No reason now not to go for youth if it has big upside. Looks like we have a tank year ahead anyway. Fuck any roster matching or fit. We have a year and a half to worry about that. Makes me more interested in Sekou Doumboya now. He's got the perfect blend to play with Towns and we can teach him the NBA way for a year.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The Wolves have fallen from the 10th spot to the 14th spot in the lottery with our two game win streak.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine