Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: *** Official 18-19 NCAA Basketball Thread ***

Post by Thrillkill »

Hey Flex, can you change the name of this to the official draft thread? We all know who we are now.

But speaking of draft, I thought this was a pretty weak draft as I generally do when you get like 10 of the top 15 as freshman. As I said in an earlier post I didn't get a chance this summer to watch a lot of allstar games so wasn't familiar with any of them other that Zion. Well end of this week and weekend I got a chance to see a lot of these freshmen and dang! There are some crazy impressive guys.
Thrillkill

Re: *** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

Post by Thrillkill »

Thanks Flex. Gotta drink and play darts tonight but I'll start posting some vids of the impressive new guys I've seen. Watched the tape of USC and Vandy and Garland and Porter were both hugely impressive. Both took big jumps on NBAdraft today. So did Naz Reid. Only saw those highlights but holy shit go watch the youtube. He's is crazy skilled for an Andre the Giant looking motherfucker.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm Thanks Flex. Gotta drink and play darts tonight but I'll start posting some vids of the impressive new guys I've seen. Watched the tape of USC and Vandy and Garland and Porter were both hugely impressive. Both took big jumps on NBAdraft today. So did Naz Reid. Only saw those highlights but holy shit go watch the youtube. He's is crazy skilled for an Andre the Giant looking motherfucker.
Gophers on tonight boom!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:44 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm Thanks Flex. Gotta drink and play darts tonight but I'll start posting some vids of the impressive new guys I've seen. Watched the tape of USC and Vandy and Garland and Porter were both hugely impressive. Both took big jumps on NBAdraft today. So did Naz Reid. Only saw those highlights but holy shit go watch the youtube. He's is crazy skilled for an Andre the Giant looking motherfucker.
Gophers on tonight boom!
Oh man thanks for that. Name team in Utah too.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Duke up 46-9 against Eastern Michigan. This Duke team is so unbelievably talented. I'm getting to the point where I'd consider it a let down if they don't go undefeated and win the championship.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:47 pm Duke up 46-9 against Eastern Michigan. This Duke team is so unbelievably talented. I'm getting to the point where I'd consider it a let down if they don't go undefeated and win the championship.
Eastern Mich sucks. They had more TO's than PussyKat in the 1st half.

The lob dunk from Reddish to Zion was insane.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:47 pm Duke up 46-9 against Eastern Michigan. This Duke team is so unbelievably talented. I'm getting to the point where I'd consider it a let down if they don't go undefeated and win the championship.

46-9 is still insane at Div 1 no matter who the opponent is. I still stand by my statement...Seeing them manhandle UK, Army and now EMU has convinced me.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Zion Williamson is the reason there should be no age requirement. The rim was at his nuts on that dunk.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:57 pm Zion Williamson is the reason there should be no age requirement. The rim was at his nuts on that dunk.

His forehead is legit over the rim :shock:

6'7"
285 lbs

Can get his head over the rim in a game. The second this guy steps foot on an NBA court he will arguably be one of the best athletes of all time.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

46-9 is still insane at Div 1 no matter who the opponent is. I still stand by my statement...Seeing them manhandle UK, Army and now EMU has convinced me.
Well There is no way in hell I'd bet on any other team to win it all Kansas has some crazy talent too. They'd be the one team I'd give a legit shot to.

Been watching a lot of bigs the last few day since that seems the deepest and most obvious pick for us. There are a ton of really good athletic bigs. Did have a chance to watch 2 really good looking PG's though in Morant and Garland. Both likely would be in the end of the lotto to a little down considering the depth of PG's in the league right now. Still pissed Taylor settled for no first in the deal. Would be a hell of a year to have 2 picks. If we have any brains at all we will use our expirings to net another low 1st or a couple high 2nds to maneuver around with.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Zion and Luka are going to be the newest editions to the stars of the league in a few years.

Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I'd add RJ Barrett to that list too. When I look at him I think there's no way he doesn't average 20ppg in the NBA
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Brett wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 pm I've just been watching Zion highlights, haven't ever looked at the boxscores.

He's only shooting 82% from the field. :lol:
Yeah his dunks are otherworldly but you know, he's a genetic freak. What's so impressive to me is he has a great handle and flip shot finishes with both hands. Super skilled. Fun to watch but don't know why we are talking about him in the draft thread. We will never sniff a shot at him.

The guys I'm intrigued with right now are Jalen McDaniels. Gafford, and Konote. Bruno Frenando moving into the mix too.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm Gonna disagree with ya thrill and Joboo. I want nothing to do with Gafford.
Care to rethink?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Jalen McDaniels vs Duke coming up at 3. Really interested to see if he has matured physically enough to hang with the big boys.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Pacman wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:33 pm I'd add RJ Barrett to that list too. When I look at him I think there's no way he doesn't average 20ppg in the NBA
They are going 1 and 2. Hopefully to teams in the east.... knowing our luck, Kings/Suns are at the top again though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Style wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm Gonna disagree with ya thrill and Joboo. I want nothing to do with Gafford.
Care to rethink?

Not yet! I’ll keep an open mind, but I still think he’s too stiff and not a good fit for our team.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 pm
Pacman wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:33 pm I'd add RJ Barrett to that list too. When I look at him I think there's no way he doesn't average 20ppg in the NBA
They are going 1 and 2. Hopefully to teams in the east.... knowing our luck, Kings/Suns are at the top again though.
Zion with Atlanta is intriguing as hell. Would give them 2 guys who can electrify the crowd and are both modern NBA guys. Trae and Zion would feed really well off each other
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

I love Shamorie Ponds. He won't be a great pro but he'll be a top backup PG who is Mr. Clutch.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I just wanted a reason to post this

Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Barrett > Zion in the NBA.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:56 pm I love Shamorie Ponds. He won't be a great pro but he'll be a top backup PG who is Mr. Clutch.
Did an official visit to Minnesota. He would have been amazing.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 am
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:56 pm I love Shamorie Ponds. He won't be a great pro but he'll be a top backup PG who is Mr. Clutch.
Man what we could have been with his offense and Lynch's D?

It's really hard to be a Gopher fan sometimes.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Just caught up on the second half of this Duke/Gonzaga game. Literally cracking up at some of the plays RJ Barrett was making in transition.

I have a raging man crush
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:29 am
Man what we could have been with his offense and Lynch's D?

It's really hard to be a Gopher fan sometimes.
They were finalists for him and other big names like Josh Perkins and Isaiah Whitehead too.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

One hell of a weekend for watching future Wolves picks sold for cash. Really thought this would be a shallow draft coming in but have watched a ton of the young freshmen and soph's now and holy shit are there some crazy impressive guys. Especially bigs which is likely our pick unless we sell off at PG.

Always tough to gauge order now but depth if most declare is nuts. I am generally a proponent of trading back for more but this year it is almost a given. Of course Taylor would just sell it but what a year to have multiple picks. So many of the guys I liked last year that didn't declare were just off my radar early because they were buried in the 2nd or off the page in mocks. Of course we don't have our 2nd because taylor pisses them into the wind but we do have Mia's.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Here's my new obsession. Don't worry about him though as every guy in the 20's and down I like this time of year ends up going top 7-8. Guarantee you he does too. Watch some more stuff on him. Some other crazy vids too. What a handle for an almost 7 footer.

Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Any big, bruising defensive minded Center prospects worth taking when the Wolves draft?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 pm Any big, bruising defensive minded Center prospects worth taking when the Wolves draft?
Yes. A bunch. Why would we want one of those? To play 8 minutes at C behind Towns? Personally I'd like to have a huge shot blocking/rebounding monster but then I'd have to watch Towns "try" to guard 4's. No thank you. The only big C's I'd consider are Naz Reid because he's just crazy skilled for a big, and Fernando because he's athletic enough to guard 4 and 5 and make up for Towns.

There are just a ton of athletic 4's in this draft. Guys with great handles, guys who can shoot, crazy defenders, just a whole lot of different types but all good.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:30 am
Keith_Morrison wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:14 pm Any big, bruising defensive minded Center prospects worth taking when the Wolves draft?
Yes. A bunch. Why would we want one of those? To play 8 minutes at C behind Towns? Personally I'd like to have a huge shot blocking/rebounding monster but then I'd have to watch Towns "try" to guard 4's. No thank you. The only big C's I'd consider are Naz Reid because he's just crazy skilled for a big, and Fernando because he's athletic enough to guard 4 and 5 and make up for Towns.

There are just a ton of athletic 4's in this draft. Guys with great handles, guys who can shoot, crazy defenders, just a whole lot of different types but all good.
Ok then, now what?

We go after another athletic 3&D wing to take Wiggins spot in the lineup after we trade him to the highest bidder?