Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Dan33185

Re: *** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

Post by Dan33185 »

witljon wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 pm
Dan33185 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:32 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:39 pm
:lol: Ladies and gentlemen it's why bother to Thinktank.

A man so vain that he believes that not watching players play is the way to evaluate because that's what he does.

:lol:
"evaluate"? Dude, you're posting on a sports message board, not an NBA scout. Who cares?
I like the different opinions...
That's fine, but some of these guys act like them doing the research and watching tape really matters.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:04 pm
Not a big fan. He could be quite the chucker in a lot of the games I saw from them. Would be nice to see him rise above our pick though.
j2j

Post by j2j »

What about PJ Washington? I wrote him off early, now I'm wondering why. Should get some consideration.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:23 pm

All the college basketball in the world can’t help you identify BPA at #11.

;)

A man so vain that he believes that not watching players play is the way to evaluate because that's what he does.

"evaluate"? Dude, you're posting on a sports message board, not an NBA scout. Who cares?
Don't like that word? Don't like dictionary either do you. You should go see what that word means.

If you want to be the same type of idiot who claims he knows the "value" of players without "evaluating" them then have at it.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:23 am

Don't like that word? Don't like dictionary either do you. You should go see what that word means.

If you want to be the same type of idiot who claims he knows the "value" of players without "evaluating" them then have at it.
I sure do understand what it means, just not sure why it matters (hint, it doesn't, and the Wolves aren't going to come knocking at your door asking for your opinion on players).
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Dan33185 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:23 am

I sure do understand what it means, just not sure why it matters (hint, it doesn't, and the Wolves aren't going to come knocking at your door asking for your opinion on players).
You don't see why it matters to know the players you might pick? Are you Glen Taylor?
j2j

Post by j2j »

It's a fun hobby, but watching all the YouTube, reading all the articles, watching all the games you possibly can doesn't really mean shit in a fan's "evaluation" beyond it being a fun hobby. Which is obviously fine, it's a good thing to have fun hobbies. But it's asinine to continue to attack people because they have a different opinion about a fun hobby.

witljon

Post by witljon »

Dan33185 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:15 pm
witljon wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 pm

I like the different opinions...
That's fine, but some of these guys act like them doing the research and watching tape really matters.
Some here might take this evaluating talent thing too serious, but they're harmless...
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

The best part is that the guy who says he watches the most college ball doesn’t believe in taking BPA.

“I’m an expert on muscle cars. Now check out how much power my Prius has.”
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:13 pm It's a fun hobby, but watching all the YouTube, reading all the articles, watching all the games you possibly can doesn't really mean shit in a fan's "evaluation" beyond it being a fun hobby. Which is obviously fine, it's a good thing to have fun hobbies. But it's asinine to continue to attack people because they have a different opinion about a fun hobby.
Then why is anyone here chiming in with the BPA, and the you don't know, or the you can't comp him even though they never watched him. What's the point of this place? Bullshit sports. Do those of you that do that shit go to the bar and have 10 second sports arguments. You're not the owner.........you don't watch college ball.........how about that figure skating? That's a great sport.

Asinine is coming to a shit the sports site and not want to do anything but talk about how people are bullshitting sports. Got a different opinion then bring it. If your opinion is no one legitimately has an opinion then why are you here?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:23 am The best part is that the guy who says he watches the most college ball doesn’t believe in taking BPA.

“I’m an expert on muscle cars. Now check out how much power my Prius has.”
Yes silly me for also being a Wolves fan and understanding you don't take a 4th wing when you have the 11th pick. Not one GM that isn't in full rebuild takes straight BPA. They take BPA for their team. Might want to listen to the quotes of our new GM who said exactly that.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm
j2j wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:13 pm It's a fun hobby, but watching all the YouTube, reading all the articles, watching all the games you possibly can doesn't really mean shit in a fan's "evaluation" beyond it being a fun hobby. Which is obviously fine, it's a good thing to have fun hobbies. But it's asinine to continue to attack people because they have a different opinion about a fun hobby.
Then why is anyone here chiming in with the BPA, and the you don't know, or the you can't comp him even though they never watched him. What's the point of this place? Bullshit sports. Do those of you that do that shit go to the bar and have 10 second sports arguments. You're not the owner.........you don't watch college ball.........how about that figure skating? That's a great sport.

Asinine is coming to a shit the sports site and not want to do anything but talk about how people are bullshitting sports. Got a different opinion then bring it. If your opinion is no one legitimately has an opinion then why are you here?
Per usual you completely miss the point because you'd rather rage.

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

j2j wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:47 pm

Your reading comprehension is top notch.

Oh, sorry, YOU GOOD READING!
j2j

Post by j2j »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Your reading comprehension is top notch.

Oh, sorry, YOU GOOD READING!
Sigh... Thanks, Thrill.

irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Let's leave Kristi Yamaguchi out of this.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm Let's leave Kristi Yamaguchi out of this.
She doesn't play enough D to win it all. Everybody knows that.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:07 pm
irishman89 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm Let's leave Kristi Yamaguchi out of this.
Has anyone ever picked up D for 197 feet?!
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrill thinks he’s the only person who watches college ball.

Reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/9-471s6vyAU
Last edited by thinktank on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm
Patrick Beverley starts at the team hotel.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Reminds me of this:

Plenty here do and I respect their opinion. If I disagree with it I have the capacity to debate it.

Am I supposed to respect an uninformed opinion? A know it all uninformed opinion? How about obfuscation? How about changing the argument or arguing the argument?

I go 100% BOA. Best opinion available. Sorry that's not you.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:30 pm
irishman89 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm
Patrick Beverley starts at the team hotel.
beverley's my top FA target for the wolves this summer. move teague to the bench. draft a developmental guy in the second or go UDFA. jettison rose, bayless and tyus.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Reminds me of this:

Plenty here do and I respect their opinion. If I disagree with it I have the capacity to debate it.

Am I supposed to respect an uninformed opinion? A know it all uninformed opinion? How about obfuscation? How about changing the argument or arguing the argument?

Your opinion on player value blows.

Why you want to trade KAT.

You’re not the keeper of uninformed opinions. You don’t know how much college ball people watch, or if that even matters.

Enough with the holier than thou NBA draft mind act.

Yes, you should respect everyone’s opinion.

I can’t believe that’s even in question.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

thinktank wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Reminds me of this:

Your opinion on player value blows.

Why you want to trade KAT.

You’re not the keeper of uninformed opinions. You don’t know how much college ball people watch, or if that even matters.

Enough with the holier than thou NBA draft mind act.

Yes, you should respect everyone’s opinion.

I can’t believe that’s even in question.
Dude you are the trick that can't just discuss sports. Gonna go ahead and bet you never played ball either. Never played, don't watch, think you are right 100% of the time.

Now go borrow an opinion from some draft site and come back and say YOU want this guy 100%.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I’ll have you know I had long and successful amateur b-ball run playing competitively from 4th grade through honorable mention all-conference in a St. Paul high school conference, and played college IM league then ample CSC B league and then C league, let alone hundreds of hours in gyms and on park courts throughout Mpls, including head to head matchups with guys like Jake Sullivan, Felipe Lopez, a handful of Gophers, and on and on and finally only recently retired due to tendonopathy in my left shoulder from thousands and thousands and thousands of shots. Hopefully my ongoing PT will work and I can play again.

But hey, I probably didn’t even play ball.

You know nothing about anyone, thrill.

Relax.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Geezus balls, what's going on in this thread. :lol:
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 pm Geezus balls, what's going on in this thread. :lol:

Thread’s dead.

Seriously tho, nobody’s posting because all opinions have been formed and beaten to death. The internet has changed scouting. No need to watch every college game. The “eye” take that yields is as at least as likely to be wrong as the advanced stats-based take.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Nothing to talk about. No juicy info being leaked by Kahn makes for boring times.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm Nothing to talk about. No juicy info being leaked by Kahn makes for boring times.
Where is Tony Ronzone when we need him? :x
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

A little over a week left from the draft and I’ve officially joined the sekou bandwagon. We need to be shooting for the moon in the hopes of landing on another superstar to pair with towns, I think sekou has a chance on reaching that level.