Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official 2018-19 Draft Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: *** Official 18-19 NCAA Basketball Thread ***

Post by HeHateMe »

Duke is incredible. How do they not win it all this year if everyone stays healthy.... so many wolves connections.. stojko's son, Anthony goldwire's son and Tre!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 am Duke is incredible. How do they not win it all this year if everyone stays healthy.... so many wolves connections.. stojko's son, Anthony goldwire's son and Tre!
What?! I had no idea there were Stojko Vranković ties. Memories ...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 am Duke is incredible. How do they not win it all this year if everyone stays healthy.... so many wolves connections.. stojko's son, Anthony goldwire's son and Tre!
Kansas looks pretty damn good. But my money was on Duke the first time I saw them in that summer tourney.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Duke has two legit #1 picks, and another likely top 5 pick. How the hell do you stop them? Tre Jones is a great fit with that group running the show.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:57 am Duke has two legit #1 picks, and another likely top 5 pick. How the hell do you stop them? Tre Jones is a great fit with that group running the show.
The only way is if they have an off night... I do think they will struggle to shoot the 3 a few games this year. Zion and Barret aren't good 3 point shooters.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Perhaps, but they can both get to the rack at will.

That crossover/dunk that Zion did last night. Sweet Jesus. That is a very large dude with that ability. Just wow.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:34 am Perhaps, but they can both get to the rack at will.

That crossover/dunk that Zion did last night. Sweet Jesus. That is a very large dude with that ability. Just wow.
Been laughing at mocks and youtube scouting vids on him all summer and fall. One's that comp him to other muscled up guys like Rodney Rodgers, Gary Trent and the like.

Dude runs like a deer, jumps as high as Lavine, and would be the 2nd heaviest player in the NBA behind a 7'4" giant. I notice no one is mocking me anymore about saying his comp is Lebron. Best touch with both hands at full speed I've ever seen at that age and it's on a guy that big. Great feel for the game too. Passing, handling, drawing fouls. Superstar!
Style

Post by Style »

The Wolves would literally trade their entire roster for Duke’s entire roster. Good times.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:52 pm The Wolves would literally trade their entire roster for Duke’s entire roster. Good times.
They'd add 5 future 1sts to do that.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

I really love Barret's game. That dude is the real deal.

Is generational talent too far for him?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Pacman wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:32 pm I really love Barret's game. That dude is the real deal.

Tep, these guys are fun to watch. We won't get near any of them. And it is a terrible PG draft from what I can see. Looks like we will be getting our other huge need which is a big nasty rebounding and shot blocking 4-5. Gafford would be a really nice add.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Gafford intrigues me he is one of the guys I'll be watching this season.

I'd add Charles Bassey to the list of athletic bigs that could fit next to Towns.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Pacman wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:32 pm I really love Barret's game. That dude is the real deal.

Can we trade Wiggins and Houston's 4 first for him... because seriously I would.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Joboo wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:30 pm Gafford intrigues me he is one of the guys I'll be watching this season.

I'd add Charles Bassey to the list of athletic bigs that could fit next to Towns.
Missed all the high school allstar games this year so don't know a lot about the freshmen. Waiting a couple of weeks for some games and youtube vids. Don't really like watching bigs against high school future Y league role players.

Would be nice if we could just get this trade done so we know our needs but most likely we are either taking back a wing or shit and picks. That leaves us needing a future PG and someone who can get a freakin defensive rebound and guard his own and Towns man. There just doesn't appear to be a PG right now and there are more than a couple guys in the league stuck behind someone. Maybe we can get one in the trade or sign one. Oh right, Glen Taylor. Maybe Rose can play 10 more years.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Damn I totally forgot about Konate! I demand we take him!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Meh. This Zion kid has more potential to be the next Wiggins than taking the league over.

Having the impact Shaq, Lebron etc... Naw Dawg.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 am Meh. This Zion kid has more potential to be the next Wiggins than taking the league over.

Having the impact Shaq, Lebron etc... Naw Dawg.
OK you are entitled to that opinion but I'm gonna mock you for it. You go ahead and tell me when you have seen a freshman age guy that strong with those hops who can handle and finish with both hands and is a great passer. Not to mention who is unselfish and plays with absolute joy and fire. If you can say anyone other than Lebron you are just silly.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

While I'd take RJ over Zion I think if you have the 2nd pick you would be a fool to pass on someone at that size, athletic ability, and skill.

For those worrying he is Anthony Bennet lets not discount how much ones passion, desire, and mental makeup counts for them becoming a star.

Point in case Andrew Wiggins might have the biggest upside of any player in the NBA but his mental makeup and desire seem to be lacking.

I was listening to the new lake show with Troy Bell and Al-Emin and they were talking about how it is even possible that Wiggins at 6'9 45ish vertical hasn't had a 10 rebound game yet.
Style

Post by Style »

Will Zion get too big for the league? That’d be my concern with him. At 18 he’s going to still put on weight, will he be able to sustain an 82 game schedule at 300+ pounds?

But yeah, right now he looks like a freak of nature!
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm Will Zion get too big for the league? That’d be my concern with him. At 18 he’s going to still put on weight, will he be able to sustain an 82 game schedule at 300+ pounds?

There's not fat on him. If you question his desire and if he will put on fat then I'd refer you to the games. That dude loves basketball.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm
Style wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 pm Will Zion get too big for the league? That’d be my concern with him. At 18 he’s going to still put on weight, will he be able to sustain an 82 game schedule at 300+ pounds?

There's not fat on him. If you question his desire and if he will put on fat then I'd refer you to the games. That dude loves basketball.
I’m not questioning his BMI or love of the game. I’m questioning whether his knees can hold 300 lbs. of basketball movements for 82 (hopefully more) games at a time.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

how big was Karl Malone when at LA Tech? Could Karl jump at 21? Not like Zion obviously...just trying to think about a player with a grown mans body. I hate to say LBJ, but dang....not coming up with many other comparables.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Gafford on right now. He's gonna be my guy this year. There's a dude every year I like and every time I watch he is great Last year it was Bluett. He'd get 30 every time I watched. Started this one a little late after shoveling and first play I see is Gafford dunking in a guys mug.
Style

Post by Style »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:34 pm Gafford on right now. He's gonna be my guy this year. There's a dude every year I like and every time I watch he is great Last year it was Bluett. He'd get 30 every time I watched. Started this one a little late after shoveling and first play I see is Gafford dunking in a guys mug.
I just started watching.

Initial thoughts, where’s he going to play? Looks slow laterally and has lost his man a few times already on defense. Haven’t seen his range yet, but if it’s lacking I want him nowhere near this team.

I’d like a much bigger player next to KAT or almost another wing. Gafford is neither.

Again, just my initial reactions. I’ll stay tuned in.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:34 pm Gafford on right now. He's gonna be my guy this year. There's a dude every year I like and every time I watch he is great Last year it was Bluett. He'd get 30 every time I watched. Started this one a little late after shoveling and first play I see is Gafford dunking in a guys mug.
I just started watching.

Initial thoughts, where’s he going to play? Looks slow laterally and has lost his man a few times already on defense. Haven’t seen his range yet, but if it’s lacking I want him nowhere near this team.

I’d like a much bigger player next to KAT or almost another wing. Gafford is neither.

Again, just my initial reactions. I’ll stay tuned in.
He's a freaky athlete. He picked up early fouls and he's trying not to pick up number 4. He's still 19 and a legit 6'10" with monkey long arms. And crazy hops for a big. He needs more weight but nice all around game.

And everyone who says Kat should play 4? I refer you to his atrocious D. You want to see him watching quicker players shoot in his mug and drive right past him? His only redeaming defensive value is if he's right under the hoop he can block a shot.

And speaking of shot, I am seeing signs that day is coming for Taj. Still the effort and smarts but he's giving up almost as many offensive boards as Kat does. We need athletic size that cares. Gafford is that.
Style

Post by Style »

Gonna disagree with ya thrill and Joboo. I want nothing to do with Gafford.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Style wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm Gonna disagree with ya thrill and Joboo. I want nothing to do with Gafford.
As the year rolls on you will. Definitely a lotto guy as of now.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Love me some Kerwin Roach. Be so nice if he took a big step as a legit PG. That's the kind of guy we could really use if he can. Been a little quiet in this one but huge shot
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Brett wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 am
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 pm Love me some Kerwin Roach. Be so nice if he took a big step as a legit PG. That's the kind of guy we could really use if he can. Been a little quiet in this one but huge shot
Thats a terrible name.
You can't kill Roach.

Was a big fan of his last year. Surely would have been in the mix for me at our pick. Freak athlete with size at PG. Great defender at the 1 or the 2. If he can show the vision he can be really good. Has the handle. Avery Bradley Jr. But I guess we're out of the solid 2 way player market again. Who has the best smile?
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Joboo wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Can we trade Wiggins and Houston's 4 first for him... because seriously I would.
I would too. Easily. He has skills that'll translate immediately.

I've heard Tmac for him but I like a super rich man's Caris Levert.