Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves select Josh Okogie in first round

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Slap Shot

Re: Wolves select Josh Okogie in first round

Post by Slap Shot »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm No idea who this kid is. His Espn.com write makes him sound like he has no idea how to play basketball. Neat.
Guess Thibs is hoping for an a very Bradley type out of him or something? Defender who learns how to play o?
Huh.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

If this dude ever sees the floor, I will nickname him: O'KG
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:51 pm You don't copy and paste from the address bar?
I do on my desktop. I couldn't from the YouTube app.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Love the aggressiveness. I was told he was forced into a PG role at the end of the season and was adequate there. So that fits the narrative that he was probably asked to do too much on a poor team. Not easy to do. I like hard workers and his upside.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

I watch a shit ton of college basketball...I was unfamiliar with him. Not because he isn't good, but because Georgia Tech gets very little air time. So, I can't believe many people have any idea...other than highlight reel self serving vomit what he really plays like. I see the 'experts" seem to like him as a guy who will find the floor due to D, and I read he attacks the rim....but also can't shoot. Forgive me for not doing cartwheels when I hear he is a "thibs" guy...because last year I found alot to be concerned by tied to "thibs" coaching, but that is a topic for a separate thread. I guess i really don't have a reaction, although I am quite pleased we did not have a chance to draft DD or that Maryland version of Nick Stauskas.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

We drafted Wiggins replacement?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

TrueBlue wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 am Thibs player for sure. Sounds like he has the motor of his typical picks. I trust Thibs judgement here. Think draymond/jimmy motor
the highlights i saw and that was my first reaction. looks like he has a motor. not a bad risk-reward pick imo at 20.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:07 pm Also, why were people thinking we were specifically looking for a shooter? Our defense sucked too.
Because people are "modern NBA" people and think we need to be GS or nothing. Rusillo was on late sportcenter last night just laughing at fans for this mentality. "Oh who's he gonna guard on GS?" Who fucking cares about GS. Just get better. Do what you do.

Our D sucks.................................He's great at it

We stink from 3.............................he hits them.

We're not good rebounding.................he is.

We're soft.......................................he's an animal

We attack the rim. ............................he does and gets fouled and makes 83%

He will play from day 1. He could score half as much as Crawford and be twice as valuable.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Steal of the draft.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:44 am Steal of the draft.
Right now I'll give him "fit of the draft" A year after practice working out with Butler working on his handle and it could get ugly for the rest of the league.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Here's me pretending I have a clue so years from now I can grab this quote out of context.

Okogie will be a top 3 guy from this draft.

Boom!
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:07 pm Also, why were people thinking we were specifically looking for a shooter? Our defense sucked too.
Because people are "modern NBA" people and think we need to be GS or nothing. Rusillo was on late sportcenter last night just laughing at fans for this mentality. "Oh who's he gonna guard on GS?" Who fucking cares about GS. Just get better. Do what you do.

We attack the rim. ............................he does and gets fouled and makes 83%

He will play from day 1. He could score half as much as Crawford and be twice as valuable.
I saw some "potential Dwayne Wade" conjecture....wow, big shoes, but i remember Wade as a kid and how he went to the rim. I'd take that as a starting point and work into other offense. Not sure if he kicks ball out, but our lack of shooters makes that somewhat academic. I'm starting to drink the drink....
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

T_J wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:20 am
Here's me pretending I have a clue so years from now I can grab this quote out of context.

Boom!
Tall order considering the bigs in this draft. Get it? Tall order? Because of the bigs? Because they are tall?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:37 am

Boom!
Tall order considering the bigs in this draft. Get it? Tall order? Because of the bigs? Because they are tall?
I don't get it. :irked:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Stork311 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:37 am

I saw some "potential Dwayne Wade" conjecture....wow, big shoes, but i remember Wade as a kid and how he went to the rim. I'd take that as a starting point and work into other offense. Not sure if he kicks ball out, but our lack of shooters makes that somewhat academic. I'm starting to drink the drink....
Was trying really hard to comp hi last night and couldn't come up with a good one. Younger A. Bradley was more what I was thinking.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I only sort of get it.

:beer:
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I hate, hate, hate the highlights people make. Dunk, dunk, fastbreak dunk, dunk, block, dunk.

BTW, nickname I saw: Okogie-Wan Kenobi
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he's athletic and looks like he plays with energy. that he plays good defense will be the key whether it's a winning pick right away imo.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 am

Boom!
I don't care about your home life.

Boom! roasted you. I'm roasting so hard right now.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 am
I don't care about your home life.

Boom! roasted you. I'm roasting so hard right now.
:scooter: :doublefinger: :naners:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am

he's athletic and looks like he plays with energy. that he plays good defense will be the key whether it's a winning pick right away imo.
It's why rook or not he will play from game one. Animal who plays D. Wigs better be scoring some adderal right now or he's gonna be losing minutes to him by Dec.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

If he can play 10-15 minutes a night, brings Wiggins and Butlers minutes down from 37 to something more like 32-33. We need that bad.

Just don't be Kris Dunn.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am I hate, hate, hate the highlights people make. Dunk, dunk, fastbreak dunk, dunk, block, dunk.

Awesome.

I just watched a 4 minute highlight video. He's a Jimmy Butler clone.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

T_J wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:40 am I hate, hate, hate the highlights people make. Dunk, dunk, fastbreak dunk, dunk, block, dunk.

Awesome.

Yep, doesn't have a wet jumper similar to Jimmy but gets buckets. Did everything else though.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:49 am
T_J wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am

Awesome.

Yep, doesn't have a wet jumper similar to Jimmy but gets buckets. Did everything else though.
He's got a much better shot than Butler did even in his 1st year in the NBA. Needs handle work too but that wasn't Butler either in college. All I can think is this guy being the beast he's advertised as and he spends every spare minute in the gym learning from Jimmy. I'm hard.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Some dude (Celts fan) breaking down Josh vs. Zhaire Smith and some other dudes.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

That's why you watch full game highlights.

Or the draft express ones that show the ups and downs, and not just dunks or three pointers, but what's going on off ball, or how a player positions himself on D...not sure if those videos are around anymore though, might be an ESPN insider thing now
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm No idea who this kid is. His Espn.com write makes him sound like he has no idea how to play basketball. Neat.
Guess Thibs is hoping for an a very Bradley type out of him or something? Defender who learns how to play o?
Write up basically says he can’t dribble shoot or pass.
some sort of Brewer Wes Wiggins Rodney Carney style dribbler? lol.
Gross, Rodney Carney is not a name I ever wanted to hear again :no:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

kilkenny wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am We drafted Wiggins replacement?
I like the way you think :clap: :coolio:
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 am Some dude (Celts fan) breaking down Josh vs. Zhaire Smith and some other dudes.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
i agree that because he is from Nigeria he must be a Oladepo clone...AND related to Giannis. I mean, of course he is...right? 5th cousins at least.