Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wolves select Josh Okogie in first round

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Thrillkill

Re: Wolves select Josh Okogie in first round

Post by Thrillkill »

Stork311 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:32 am Now watching Johnny Flynn’s game against u conn. Can’t miss.
Is your "girlfriend" mad you are spending so much time on that?
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Just as youth is wasted on the young, sarcasm is wasted on the thick.

I was simply trying to demonsteate we don’t know squat. You don’t, I don’t and my gal doesn’t either. I appreciate the video, from January of 2017. I recall on the former board a person who put up a video of Henk Norel and wanted us all to drool over the player he would becoame after a year or two of seasoning. Remember Henk?

Every player drafted over the last 10 years has a highlight reel and a few games that make us all giddy or jealous of what we think we could have had.

Thrill, it is not personalizing. And Yummy, I guess it was a troll of sorts, but has any one person watched more than a small sample of live action? I know I haven’t,

My point was the highlights are a terrible barometer of what he is...and I want desperately for him to be great...I do. As much as vegas summer league is flawed as a measure, I do look forward to seeing him, and Diop.

I hope you all have a good Sunday.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

“I’m an Okogie from Lagosi!”
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:17 pm “I’m an Okogie from Lagosi!”
I thought he was just an ok guy?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Stork311 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm Just as youth is wasted on the young, sarcasm is wasted on the thick.

I was simply trying to demonsteate we don’t know squat. You don’t, I don’t and my gal doesn’t either. I appreciate the video, from January of 2017. I recall on the former board a person who put up a video of Henk Norel and wanted us all to drool over the player he would becoame after a year or two of seasoning. Remember Henk?

Every player drafted over the last 10 years has a highlight reel and a few games that make us all giddy or jealous of what we think we could have had.

Thrill, it is not personalizing. And Yummy, I guess it was a troll of sorts, but has any one person watched more than a small sample of live action? I know I haven’t,

My point was the highlights are a terrible barometer of what he is...and I want desperately for him to be great...I do. As much as vegas summer league is flawed as a measure, I do look forward to seeing him, and Diop.

i wouldn't say it was sarcasm as much as it was relentless negativity. it was DH like. and i'm surprised to hear you say that you hope he succeeds - because from what you wrote, it sounds like you've written him off. plus, i think a 20 on okogie is hardly comparable to a 6 on flynn.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 pm
Stork311 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm Just as youth is wasted on the young, sarcasm is wasted on the thick.

i wouldn't say it was sarcasm as much as it was relentless negativity. it was DH like. and i'm surprised to hear you say that you hope he succeeds - because from what you wrote, it sounds like you've written him off. plus, i think a 20 on okogie is hardly comparable to a 6 on flynn.
Relentless negativity? I prefer a balance. I can’t write him off. I wouldn’t recognize him at the airport, much less on the court. I just find it interesting people need to convince themselves of something we just can’t know. I wouldn’t say a word if it was Grayson Allen (insert other known commodities here) we were desperately trying to validate, at least the discussion would be based on first hand experiences. Nobody has seen this guy....no one.

In thibs we trust. It seems that is the more relevent discussion point lightly tackled. He’s a thibs guy. But is thibs our guy?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Isn't it more fun to be positive about a new player on your favorite team? Being nice and being positive don't cost nothing. If he flames out, who cares?

Personally I think Okogie is the best player in the draft and will probably go to the HoF. See, that cost me nothing!!!
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:37 pm Isn't it more fun to be positive about a new player on your favorite team? Being nice and being positive don't cost nothing. If he flames out, who cares?

Personally I think Okogie is the best player in the draft and will probably go to the HoF. See, that cost me nothing!!!
On board. Just got done with a 10th grade highlight clip directed by Leni Riefenstahls grandson. A little grainy, but you can see he has the heart of a lion and is a Cracker Jack on D.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

not crazy about the moustache though.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Jesus dude. :lol: You realize you just called yourself thick right?

Ohhhhhhhhhh............................of course you don't. Not sad at all.

Have a little fun will ya.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

ahhhh... pretty sure he was saying that we were the thick ones. i just don't think what he was doing was sarcasm. seemed more like trollish negativity.

but i think we're all good now.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Decent but short interview...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

-Came to the gym everyday in highschool at 5AM. Coach told him he needed to stop doing that, but he didnt, because the NBA is his dream
-Asked if the physical or mental aspect is tougher, he responds, (not verbatim) "its not tough, its basketball, I love basketball"
-On Jimmy Butt comparison...(not verbatim) "I will accept that comparison, that bulldog, that's how I've been coached, that's how I've been raised basketball wise"

Dude is going to play with a chip on his shoulder. I'm not going to say he's going to reach Butt type level, but he won't bust. Wolves need him to reach Butt type level though.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

this butler comparison is apt - and is why i also want to pursue nwaba. fans in chicago say he's also remindful of butler. can't have too many tough bulldogs on a team. should butler leave in a year - it's also good to have similar traits in the pipeline.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

I have a good feeling about this guy succeeding in the nba. We'll probably trade him.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I know it's just one Summer league game, but the kid played very well. His hustle was through the roof. He did the things that Thibs will expect of him if he wants to get any serious playing time. I like what I saw last night :beer:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:16 pm I know it's just one Summer league game, but the kid played very well. His hustle was through the roof. He did the things that Thibs will expect of him if he wants to get any serious playing time. I like what I saw last night :beer:
See I was wondering what things you can really see in a player playing in SL, and hustle is probably the only thing you can evaluate properly. Pretty happy about Okogie.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:02 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:16 pm I know it's just one Summer league game, but the kid played very well. His hustle was through the roof. He did the things that Thibs will expect of him if he wants to get any serious playing time. I like what I saw last night :beer:
See I was wondering what things you can really see in a player playing in SL, and hustle is probably the only thing you can evaluate properly. Pretty happy about Okogie.
The only thing I look for in summer league games really is positive ways in which they affect or change the game. Whatever that may be.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

LordNu wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:02 pm
Agree Me Boy :beer: your shot may be falling, you have a lot of boards or assists against SL guys, that's great. But Hustle.. Hustle is what you can't really teach. Diving on the floor for a loose ball that ends up in 2 points, that's hustle, and what can be compared to the big league :beer:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

He gets after it. That is for sure.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Positivity!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Stork311 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Relentless negativity? I prefer a balance. I can’t write him off. I wouldn’t recognize him at the airport, much less on the court. I just find it interesting people need to convince themselves of something we just can’t know. I wouldn’t say a word if it was Grayson Allen (insert other known commodities here) we were desperately trying to validate, at least the discussion would be based on first hand experiences. Nobody has seen this guy....no one.

In thibs we trust. It seems that is the more relevent discussion point lightly tackled. He’s a thibs guy. But is thibs our guy?
I'm pondering today on Okogie. I think he'll be fine as he gets reps.... but was Grayson Allen better fit for this team now?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like what Okogie has shown thus far. He's still a ways off in terms of experience, but give him a few years.

It's still extremely early.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

Effort and give-a-damn is nice to see.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Does it really matter?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
witljon

Post by witljon »

Decker23 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:22 am If this dude ever sees the floor, I will nickname him: O'KG
I think you're on something there........I mean onto something.

Thats a great nickname.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Obi Won Okogie’s wiki page:

On February 14, 2019, Okogie notably blocked James Harden, the league's points-per-game leader, in a game against the Houston Rockets.[9]

:lol:
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Pretty funny how he looked trying to avoid playing defense during the Rising Stars game.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

shoteh wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am Pretty funny how he looked trying to avoid playing defense during the Rising Stars game.
It was my favorite part. Instincts had him run over and then "OH CRAP!" Not supposed to do that.

Will not stop saying it. This guy will be a star.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

New Nickname:

O-For-What Okogie!

:lol: :lol:
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

jodaman01 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 am New Nickname:

O-For-What Okogie!

:lol: :lol:
You’re so transparent. It’s honestly sad.