Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Butler requests trade -- Butler traded to Philly 11/10 update

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
digitalwolf

Re: Butler requests trade -- Knicks, Nets or Clippers

Post by digitalwolf »

brison wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:37 am
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:04 am
brison wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:02 am

Watch you will all get backhanded from behind by something no one expected. They don't find anyone offering near enough for Butler and no one will take Dieng with him. So they decide to send Dieng with the signed Towns instead because while fielding offers for Butler a team decided to throw in an offer for Towns since they would have him locked up longterm now. For this deal, the team will also take Dieng. The team can't pass up their return asset offer. Froob hell ignites!
Well Towns can't be moved till December now...
Maybe that's why THibs is reportedly trying to get Butler to return during preseason, after cooling off a bit. Play it out till December Jimmy and and ...
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:36 am Common sense says a bunch of deals were put on the table today. Wolves need to weigh the options, and negotiate for a bit more with the suitors they like best, and a deal will happen tomorrow (Tuesday).

Thibs isnt common sense though. I seriously think he's trying to get fired to make his money.
And why do you think he's trying to get fired? He gets his money either way, that part of your statement is irrelevant. Please elaborate why a guy with two hats is trying to get fired?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

digitalwolf wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:36 am Common sense says a bunch of deals were put on the table today. Wolves need to weigh the options, and negotiate for a bit more with the suitors they like best, and a deal will happen tomorrow (Tuesday).

Thibs isnt common sense though. I seriously think he's trying to get fired to make his money.
And why do you think he's trying to get fired? He gets his money either way, that part of your statement is irrelevant. Please elaborate why a guy with two hats is trying to get fired?
He gets paid if he quits? Guess I didn't know that and was wrong.
bri

Post by bri »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 am

Couldn't Taylor fire him for cause or insubordination now and be off the hook for paying him
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bri wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 am

Couldn't Taylor fire him for cause or insubordination now and be off the hook for paying him
Good luck. guaranteed contracts...
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

whiteside seems to hold some promise and meh at the same time. first off, yes - let's get a big rebounding shot blocker at the 5 and move KAT to the 4. works in multiple ways. but here's the big but - apparently the snag that riley and the coaching staff has had with whiteside is that he's .... immature. so... maybe... latching onto a guy with maturity problems isn't the best route to go when pairing someone with KAT and wigs.

my wish now - and call me crazy - would be to probe the depths of this thing with the kings. they are loaded with young talent - in need of more vets - and have been known to shoot themselves in the foot nearly as often as our front office has. anyway, see if they'd do butler for bogdanovich and WCS. they've got plenty of bigs to cover the loss of willie - bogdan is currently coming back from a little meniscus thing - so likely won't be ready for the start of the season - so maybe they'd go for a biggish name like butler in some delusional hope that they can resign him after this year. bogdanovich is certainly no butler - but he's an interesting piece to pair with KAT and wigs. decent size, surprisingly decent defender - nothing fantastic, but not a negative - probably was the most willing and effective passer on the kings last year - and hits nearly 40% of his threes. 26 years old.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:11 am
bri wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:00 am

Good luck. guaranteed contracts...
That and Taylor would be blacklisted by the basketball community, condemned to hire Kahns of the world because no one worth a damn would come be in his shit show
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Would he be forced to sell the team to someone who would move them to Seattle? If so, great!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am Would he be forced to sell the team to someone who would move them to Seattle? If so, great!
Nice one, Joda-lite!

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

AP GUY/Jonny Athletic: Wolves looking for a starting caliber wing, young player and a pick.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 am AP GUY/Jonny Athletic: Wolves looking for a starting caliber wing, young player and a pick.
Does getting something better than LaVine/Dunn in return for Butler equate to a good deal or wash? I realize there was a swap of picks with the Butler trade but those are difficult to quantify.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 am AP GUY/Jonny Athletic: Wolves looking for a starting caliber wing, young player and a pick.
Jason Richardson
Bam Adebayo
Unprotected 1st rounder
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 am
Jason Richardson
Bam Adebayo
Unprotected 1st rounder
I would gladly do this with a protected 1st rounder. I am a big fan of Bam and Richardson.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 am
Jason Richardson
Bam Adebayo
Unprotected 1st rounder
There was a period where I was interested in Jason Richardson. That period was about 2004-2008.
Corre Ricky Corre

TrueBlue wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 am
Lightning wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:38 am
Does getting something better than LaVine/Dunn in return for Butler equate to a good deal or wash? I realize there was a swap of picks with the Butler trade but those are difficult to quantify.
LaVine on his old contract would be nice. I'd prefer a player as good as LaVine but switch his offensive ability for defensive.
All I know is that I'd much rather have Richardson and Bam than LaVine and Dunn... Lauri is the one that hurts :oops:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Fine. CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons, and a pick.
larryhagmansliver

Post by larryhagmansliver »

Richardson, Bam or Winslow & Miami's 1st to Minny
Jimmy to Miami
Waiters (or whatever salary they want to send out), a future Miami 2nd and the Miami 2nd the Wolves hold to the Kings.

Optimistic on the Wolves side I think but that fits Thibsden's alleged criteria.
Corre Ricky Corre

larryhagmansliver wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:48 am
Jimmy to Miami
Waiters (or whatever salary they want to send out), a future Miami 2nd and the Miami 2nd the Wolves hold to the Kings.

Optimistic on the Wolves side I think but that fits Thibsden's alleged criteria.
I am all for this deal. I would love to get Bam but Winslow has potential and did shoot 38% from 3. Let's hope this is what is being discussed even though I doubt it.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

thinktank wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:28 am
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:20 am Would he be forced to sell the team to someone who would move them to Seattle? If so, great!
Nice one, Joda-lite!

I’m jodaman01, I ain’t like nobody else.

My Rubio homage.

I called all this shit long before. jodadamus strikes again.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

kilkenny wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:46 am
CJ would be perfect here.

If only Portland had a back bone and took a chance
Corre Ricky Corre

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 am

It is interesting. It does make them better but I think it's safe to say, Jimmy wants to play with Kyrie... Not happening with Lillard in the picture.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Jimmy to Miami

My guess is the Kings want that first rounder if they're taking on salary. For the Bam + Richardson deal for Butler, Miami needs to add another 5 mil to the trade.

Wolves get: Shumpert, Richardson and Winslow
Heat get: Koufos and Butler
Kings get: Dieng, Waiters, future first from Miami and a second from each team. Maybe more stuff too?
Corre Ricky Corre

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:56 am
Jimmy to Miami

My guess is the Kings want that first rounder if they're taking on salary. For the Bam + Richardson deal for Butler, Miami needs to add another 5 mil to the trade.

Kings get: Dieng, Waiters, future first from Miami and a second from each team. Maybe more stuff too?
Then the Joakim Noah dream really begins!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

morneaumvp wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:51 am

Portland is not dealing McCollum here. They'd want to pair Butler with those two of course....
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:58 am
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:56 am

Jimmy to Miami

Then the Joakim Noah dream really begins!
Right, perhaps they throw in Patton in this deal. I don't know what to think of his future...
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Brett wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 pm Remember how Woj operates folks. Thibs is being punished for running a tight-lipped front office.
It's pretty sad to hear Jonny K talk about how other teams are calling him because they can't get Layden on the phone. That was a real interesting interaction where Jon asked Layden that... Layden says who are your sources... Jon.. I can't tell you that.. they all laugh a bit.. Jon says if Layden was his source he'd protect him too.. Layden "we don't talk much"
Corre Ricky Corre

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 am
Brett wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 pm Remember how Woj operates folks. Thibs is being punished for running a tight-lipped front office.
It's pretty sad to hear Jonny K talk about how other teams are calling him because they can't get Layden on the phone. That was a real interesting interaction where Jon asked Layden that... Layden says who are your sources... Jon.. I can't tell you that.. they all laugh a bit.. Jon says if Layden was his source he'd protect him too.. Layden "we don't talk much"
Layden came off as a dick in that exchange...
Seenin

Post by Seenin »

Im pretty damn sure that he has a clause if he "quits" then taylor doesn't have to pay him the remainder of his contract.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

I swear Scott said "Bravo" at the end of that exchange. That guy is a stiff, but he's got some personality buried in there. I'd be like Pop if I had to deal with these so called reporters around here. Terrible, weak questions galore.
Corre Ricky Corre

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania
Among many details in story, league sources say Jimmy Butler sought out Minnesota owner Glen Taylor in recent days for reassurances trade talks were proceeding in good faith.

What is going on? You have to fire Thibs. This is actually an embarrassment to a franchise/business.