Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What? we don't have phones in Minnesota?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

What? we don't have phones in Minnesota?

Post by somuchyummy »

since last night, the UDFA front:

Malik Newman - Lakers
Joel Berry II - Lakers
Dakota Mathias - Cavs
Kendrick Nunn - Warriors
Alonzo Trier - Knicks
Gary Clark - Rockets
Trevon Duval - Rockets
Rawle Alkins - Raptors
Duncan Robinson - Heat
Matt Farrell - Heat
Jack Landale - Hawks
Angel Delgado - Clippers
Brandon McCoy - Bucks
Theo Pinson - Nets
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Stork311

Re: What? we don't have phones in Minnesota?

Post by Stork311 »

Delgado and Mathias....top shelf IMO. Delgado especially....
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

some of these guys i don't honestly know. but it looks like the phones are being worked and the herd is getting culled. what's on your agenda today, tom?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

What the hell am I looking at here?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

undrafted players from last night and who they've signed with since.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Ha Yummy loves those G-leaguers.

:cheers:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:00 pm since last night, the UDFA front:

Malik Newman - Lakers
Joel Berry II - Lakers
Dakota Mathias - Cavs
Kendrick Nunn - Warriors
Alonzo Trier - Knicks
Gary Clark - Rockets
Trevon Duval - Rockets
Rawle Alkins - Raptors
Duncan Robinson - Heat
Matt Farrell - Heat
Jack Landale - Hawks
Angel Delgado - Clippers
Brandon McCoy - Bucks
Theo Pinson - Nets
Bluett still out there. Maten still out there. Preston/McCoy/Penava/Mahmoud. Really want Bluett and Billy Preston.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

mccoy went to the bucks, unless there's a different mccoy than brandon. i think brandon fell out of the draft after a poor combine showing. preston as well. who was that guy a few years back that went into college as one of the highest rated freshman, and then just disappeared? alexander maybe? it'll be interesting to see if duval can salvage anything out of his "career". i think one of the earliest mocks this year had us taking him at 20.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

The crazy thing about Duval is he actually got a lot better his last 10 games. His shot is still broken maybe beyond repair but his defense and natural ability slash 6’9 wingspan was worth at least a G league spot. Still super young and has a chance to develop.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm some of these guys i don't honestly know. but it looks like the phones are being worked and the herd is getting culled. what's on your agenda today, tom?
Just like it was culled before our first draft pick. I lost interest after that. Did we have a second round pick?
Tom Selleck is a twat
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Andrew Wiggins has all the money. Most of you all wanted to keep him... here's what we get.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
j2j

Post by j2j »

Abe get his call yet?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

TrueBlue wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm you G League hypers happy now?
Rhody MBB @RhodyMBB
24m
University of Rhode Island guard Jared Terell has agreed to a two-way deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves @JaredTerrell32
Not a lot of vids on him but kind of looks like stronger Bobby Jackson. Hopefully the tough combo I've been wanting. .414 from 3.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

TrueBlue wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:46 pm
Decker23 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:59 pm Andrew Wiggins has all the money. Most of you all wanted to keep him... here's what we get.
Wut?

Wiggins kept us from signing UDFAs to minimum deals?

:lol:
Possibly.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hey thrill - trevon bluiett signed a summer deal with the pels. your dream is gone - or perhaps just postponed.

me, otoh, haven't heard squat since jarnell stokes worked out for the wolves last week. ;)
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm hey thrill - trevon bluiett signed a summer deal with the pels. your dream is gone - or perhaps just postponed.

me, otoh, haven't heard squat since jarnell stokes worked out for the wolves last week. ;)
He will bust out of the league unless I watch him. He'd average 20 on the Wolves.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:18 pm hey thrill - trevon bluiett signed a summer deal with the pels. your dream is gone - or perhaps just postponed.

He will bust out of the league unless I watch him. He'd average 20 on the Wolves.
does he know about your special powers? he might be interested in some sort of arrangement.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:53 pm
Sally wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm you G League hypers happy now?
Rhody MBB @RhodyMBB
24m
University of Rhode Island guard Jared Terell has agreed to a two-way deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves @JaredTerrell32
Not a lot of vids on him but kind of looks like stronger Bobby Jackson. Hopefully the tough combo I've been wanting. .414 from 3.
I see the love child of Johnny Flynn and J.R Rider. The good times.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm

does he know about your special powers? he might be interested in some sort of arrangement.
Been hoping he'd do an internet search on himself and find me. I literally watched 20 of their games this year and he had to average 30 in those and 5 in all the rest. It was freaky.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

irishman89 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:53 pm
Sally wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm you G League hypers happy now?

I see the love child of Johnny Flynn and J.R Rider. The good times.
Looks like a tough guy. Anyone else sensing a trend? I'm expecting a summer deal with Yante Maten since I've seen him throw a punch in multiple games and elbows all game every game. I like that guy.
D_H

Post by D_H »

TrueBlue wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:09 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 pm undrafted players from last night and who they've signed with since.
I think his point is who cares. These guys wouldn't make the team anyways.
TJ McConnell & Robert (first team all NBA defense) Covington day hello.

You can find good undrafted players if you have an astute front office. :thumbsup:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

D_H wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:14 am
Sally wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:09 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 pm undrafted players from last night and who they've signed with since.
I think his point is who cares. These guys wouldn't make the team anyways.
TJ McConnell & Robert (first team all NBA defense) Covington day hello.

You can find good undrafted players if you have an astute front office. :thumbsup:
Sixers used to make me so damn mad because my owner is Scrooge McTaylor. Won't use all his roster spots, sells 2nd rounders. Sixers would sign 2nd rounders and street guys to one year deals with 2-3 team options. How do you lose on that. They YEARS we spent not trying that is why we have sucked and had to make a big splash offseason last year. Hit on just one or 2 of the 50 assets we've pissed away and how much money and future assets does that save you. Why I always say taylor is penny wise and pound foolish. Tell Taylor you'll give him a nickle today or a dollar tomorrow and he takes the nickle and runs.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

the other thing about these UDFAs is that in reality it's a very thin line between getting drafted in the 50s and not getting drafted at all. most of the undrafted guys who have since signed probably lost out on a coin flip on draft night. no one would have been surprised in the least if any of the guys i listed had gotten drafted. trevon duval, malik newman, brandon mccoy, angel delgado, rawle alkins, gary clark - undrafted. but george king and thomas welsh make the cut? it's razor thin, these choices.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am the other thing about these UDFAs is that in reality it's a very thin line between getting drafted in the 50s and not getting drafted at all. most of the undrafted guys who have since signed probably lost out on a coin flip on draft night. no one would have been surprised in the least if any of the guys i listed had gotten drafted. trevon duval, malik newman, brandon mccoy, angel delgado, rawle alkins, gary clark - undrafted. but george king and thomas welsh make the cut? it's razor thin, these choices.
With the bigs I get it. Don't agree but it's the one's like Welsh that can play away from the basket that get drafted. Shooting breaks every tie in the "new NBA" Stupid to take a worse all around player just because they are the better shooter.

Alkins though is an utter shock. He must be a complete puke or something. How does a super strong athletic guy who plays D and can shoot and handle not get drafted?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

didn't seem at all like a complete puke in the interviews i've seen. pretty engaging, well spoken, talked about how he's a guy who likes challenges and not backing down from players who are bigger names than him. has some lance in him. and hey - grayson made the 20s - so.... who knows what was going on?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

another solid player - kenrich williams just signed a summer league deal with denver.

and the wolves have added another player i've never heard of - undersized arkansas 2guard jaylen barford. is it too much to ask wolves mgmt to at least consider the posts i've made here fawning over marshall F ajdin penava? sheesh. isn't blocking more shots last year than mo bamba worth at least a nibble?
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am the other thing about these UDFAs is that in reality it's a very thin line between getting drafted in the 50s and not getting drafted at all. most of the undrafted guys who have since signed probably lost out on a coin flip on draft night. no one would have been surprised in the least if any of the guys i listed had gotten drafted. trevon duval, malik newman, brandon mccoy, angel delgado, rawle alkins, gary clark - undrafted. but george king and thomas welsh make the cut? it's razor thin, these choices.
It's also why these teams shouldn't honestly be allowed to claim talent droughts for lack of ability to build teams of any depth. There are always real players getting left behind. Once it happens all of us forget about them and only see the next batch playing in college coming up. But the teams shouldn't close the doors so quickly. I don't think all do. But some seem to.
Tom Selleck is a twat
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

one of my favorite college players from two years back was gonzaga PG nigel williams-goss. he actually got drafted - 55th by utah, but didn't make the roster. quickly forgotten, right? maybe not.

went to play overseas for belgrade in the eurocup league this past year and averaged something like 16 ppg and 6 apg. had some very nice games for his team in their playoffs. eurocup league is much more physical than US college ball and they pack the paint - which leads to more work on 3 pt shooting. NWG finished the season at a 46% clip from three. the league also runs full court presses most of time (williams-goss says it's the equivalent of playing West Virginia every game) so he's had all season to tighten up his handles - which apparently he has.

utah, throughout this process, has stayed in contact with him and still retains his rights. ekpe udoh and donovan mitchell have attended games to watch him. he feels like he's an investment in their organization. i won't be at all surprised if in a couple years, utah brings him over and they have a really nice, seasoned and affordable backup PG on their hands. where most fans might say "him? i forgot about him." - utah stays interested and involved. we need to stop signing the aaron brookses of the world and focus more on cultivating the NWGs.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:44 pm didn't seem at all like a complete puke in the interviews i've seen. pretty engaging, well spoken, talked about how he's a guy who likes challenges and not backing down from players who are bigger names than him. has some lance in him. and hey - grayson made the 20s - so.... who knows what was going on?
Wonder if his foot injury is bad and needs surgery? Maybe teams didn't want to be on the hook for it? I just don't know. ONe of the most shocking undrafted guys ever for me. If we took him in the 1st I'd have been thrilled. Love the guy. If we hadn't taken Okogie in the 1st and passed on him in the 2nd I'd have my torch lit and my pitchfork in hand on the was to Target.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 pm another solid player - kenrich williams just signed a summer league deal with denver.

and the wolves have added another player i've never heard of - undersized arkansas 2guard jaylen barford. is it too much to ask wolves mgmt to at least consider the posts i've made here fawning over marshall F ajdin penava? sheesh. isn't blocking more shots last year than mo bamba worth at least a nibble?
Get the feeling Penava already has a euro deal in hand and NBA teams are willing to wait it out a few years on him. Probably catch on with a summer team, get no run since he's gone, and we'll hear about him in another few years.