Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Last of Us Part II

Video game themed message board
Straight Edge Raven

The Last of Us Part II

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
LordNu

Re: The Last of Us Part II

Post by LordNu »

I wonder if you get to play as Joel again.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Not interested in playing the original again or a sequel. It was a fun experience first time around but way too much anxiety.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am Not interested in playing the original again or a sequel. It was a fun experience first time around but way too much anxiety.
click click
Lampin'
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:26 am
Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am Not interested in playing the original again or a sequel. It was a fun experience first time around but way too much anxiety.
click click
YEP!

Triggered!

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

How many d-bags are gonna be triggered because of the "gay agenda"? Two women kissing? Uh oh...

#BaltimoreStrong
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 am How many d-bags are gonna be triggered because of the "gay agenda"? Two women kissing? Uh oh...
I don't care who those people wanna kiss, just keep it off my vidya games ya hear!
Lampin'
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 am How many d-bags are gonna be triggered because of the "gay agenda"? Two women kissing? Uh oh...
It's already happening online. Those turds never played the DLC from the last game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Never played through the first one, but I think I just might. The animations in this are sublime. There is a real world weight to these action scenes that seems terrifying.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am Never played through the first one, but I think I just might. The animations in this are sublime. There is a real world weight to these action scenes that seems terrifying.
You absolutely need to go buy the first one, and take the next 3 days off so you can play it straight through. It is totally worth it.
A bit overkill, the game wasn't that great.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am Never played through the first one, but I think I just might. The animations in this are sublime. There is a real world weight to these action scenes that seems terrifying.
You absolutely need to go buy the first one, and take the next 3 days off so you can play it straight through. It is totally worth it.
I hated the game. Only got a couple hours in. I'm a HUGE Naughty Dog fan too. Loved and played through all the Uncharted games. I was really hyped for the Last Of Us and thought I would like it more than Uncharted. The gameplay was a bore though and the new one looks like more of the same.

I didn't care for Ellie's character either and now I have to play as her?

Press X to move the plank. Pass!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm

I hated the game. Only got a couple hours in. I'm a HUGE Naughty Dog fan too. Loved and played through all the Uncharted games. I was really hyped for the Last Of Us and thought I would like it more than Uncharted. The gameplay was a bore though and the new one looks like more of the same.

I didn't care for Ellie's character either and now I have to play as her?

Press X to move the plank. Pass!
What is wrong with you guys!?
Well I was never a huge fan of uncharted either. I just don't like linear games where you don't have much freewill. I also feel like the replay value is really low. Last of Us was a fine game, but that's really all. It wasn't ground breaking.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:56 am
Mandatory wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 am
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

What is wrong with you guys!?
Well I was never a huge fan of uncharted either. I just don't like linear games where you don't have much freewill. I also feel like the replay value is really low. Last of Us was a fine game, but that's really all. It wasn't ground breaking.
You are dead to me.

:|

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoyed it. Part of my problem with Last of Us is it scared me.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I am going to play the first game. It's time.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Post by salamander »

I've beaten the original like 10 times. Even on that super hard mode.
Absolutely love this game.

I understand what you mean though. I felt the same way about Dead Space.
Such a fun game and the play was awesome but no thanks on the sequel.
Last edited by salamander on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

When you hear that "click click" your body legit gets uber tense. The humans actually use smart flanking tactics as well.
This game is one of the best ever IMO.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Straight Edge Raven

One step closer!

Slava Ukraini
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Hopefully the gameplay is a little more interesting. Playing the remastered version recently I really did enjoy the narrative, but as a game it could use a facelift. Some hindsight vision I suppose but it can be the wrap on Naughty Dog games.
Straight Edge Raven

Last edited by Straight Edge Raven on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini
salamander

Post by salamander »

-
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm Hopefully the gameplay is a little more interesting. Playing the remastered version recently I really did enjoy the narrative, but as a game it could use a facelift. Some hindsight vision I suppose but it can be the wrap on Naughty Dog games.
I mean, it was a PS3 game.
Straight Edge Raven

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:19 pm Very high hopes for this game. I plan on taking a couple days off to play it straight through like I did the original.
Looks like you're taking a vacation in February!
Slava Ukraini
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:30 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm Hopefully the gameplay is a little more interesting. Playing the remastered version recently I really did enjoy the narrative, but as a game it could use a facelift. Some hindsight vision I suppose but it can be the wrap on Naughty Dog games.
What's the difference from last gen to this one? Hardly anyone came out with any new gane engines. It's all the same shit in higher resolutions and better textures.

Uncharted 4 (Great game) was the same thing as the last ones just more polished.

Last Of Us imo was a absolute bore. Has nothing to do with the gen. I wanted to love, I was as hyped as anyone for it. I love all the Uncharted games. I got a few hours into Last Of Us and never wanted to play it again.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:46 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:30 pm
What's the difference from last gen to this one? Hardly anyone came out with any new gane engines. It's all the same shit in higher resolutions and better textures.

Uncharted 4 (Great game) was the same thing as the last ones just more polished.

Last Of Us imo was a absolute bore. Has nothing to do with the gen. I wanted to love, I was as hyped as anyone for it. I love all the Uncharted games. I got a few hours into Last Of Us and never wanted to play it again.
Do you like Hitman games? These are my absolute favorite and one of the reasons I like LoU is it resembled Hitman a lot.
Straight Edge Raven

New release date...they simply need more time to make sure its as perfect as it can be.

May 29, 2020

To our fans,

Let me cut to the chase and get the news out of the way. The Last of Us Part II has a new release date of May 29, 2020.

I know. It was just about a month ago when we had our big blowout for the game, letting media play over two hours of it along with debuting our new story trailer and revealing the release date. The positive response we saw from our community was overwhelming. You can feel the energy among the team members. After working on something for so many years, it’s invigorating to get a glimpse of validation for all the hard work.

However, it was during the last few weeks, as we were closing out sections of the game, that we realized we simply didn’t have enough time to bring the entire game up to a level of polish we would call Naughty Dog quality. At this point we were faced with two options: compromise parts of the game or get more time. We went with the latter, and this new release date allows us to finish everything to our level of satisfaction while also reducing stress on the team.

While we’re relieved that we won’t have to compromise our vision, we’re disappointed that we weren’t able to avoid this exact situation. We wish we could’ve foreseen the amount of polish we needed, but the size and scope of this game got the better of us. We hate disappointing our fans and for that we’re sorry.

We hope you understand that this additional time ensures that The Last of Us Part II lives up to our collective ambition as well as our commitment to the highest level of quality. We know the extra few months will add to what may already be an excruciating wait for all of us. We are grateful for your patience and continued support. Come next May, you will finally rejoin Ellie in The Last of Us Part II.

-Neil
Slava Ukraini
Straight Edge Raven

Delayed again due to The Coronas. No new date listed.
Slava Ukraini
Herky

Post by Herky »

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of delays in the future.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Herky wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 am I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of delays in the future.
Absolutely. If it's not already done 95% chance it gets pushed back. How can people work with this going on like in a team setting?

I'm glad the FF7 remake is coming out on the 10th but expect there to be a big dry spell til Covid runs its course.
Straight Edge Raven

Comes out Friday. Critics seem to be loving it.

Ratings:

IGN: 10/10

TechRadar: 5/5

VG247: 5/5

TheSixthAxis: 10/10

Metro: 10/10

Empire: 5/5

We Got This Covered: 10/10

GamesRadar: 10/10

Push Square: 10/10

Telegraph: 10/10

The Guardian: 10/10

TheSixthAxis: 10/10

DarkStation: 10/10

ShackNews: 10/10

GameInformer: 10/10

TrustedReviews: 10/10

VGC: 10/10

M3: 10/10

GamingTrend: 10/10

God is a Geek: 10/10

Hardcore Gamer: 10/10

COGConnected: 10/10

Critical Hit: 10/10

Daily Star: 10/10

Digitally Downloaded: 10/10

DigitalTrends: 10/10

EGM: 10/10

Game Rant: 10/10

ImpulseGamer: 10/10

GeekCulture: 9.8/10

Vandal: 9.7/10

Easy Allies: 9.5/10

Millenium: 9.5/10

Press Start: 9.5/10

GamesBeat: 9.5/10

US Gamer: 9/10

Digit: 9/10

NDTV: 9/10

MetroGameCentral: 9/10

CGMagazine: 9/10

Destructoid: 8.5/10

GameSpot: 8/10

Stevivor: 8/10

NewGameNetwork: 8/10

GamingBible: 7/10

GameRevolution: 3.5/5
Slava Ukraini
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

The problem with looking at that list of critics, I want to read the worst one to see why it got a low score. It's clickbait.