Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Destiny 2

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Destiny 2

Post by Mandatory »

I played a lot of year one Destiny but checked out after they tried to charge me the cost of the game again for the second DLC.

Anyways, planning to trade my PS4 in this weekend for the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle if I can find one. Anyone playing this yet. I saw a few small complaints but all in all it looks like people are pretty happy so far.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Re: Destiny 2

Post by YBBR »

It looks like they made good. Still waiting on a review. Fence sitting this one.

If it's anything like Destiny 1 they'll just keep rolling out DLC's, so might as well buy the season pass and continue to play and save yourself some money in the long run.

The shooting always feels so good in those games. That's Bungie's calling card.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:25 pm It looks like they made good. Still waiting on a review. Fence sitting this one.

If it's anything like Destiny 1 they'll just keep rolling out DLC's, so might as well buy the season pass and continue to play and save yourself some money in the long run.

The shooting always feels so good in those games. That's Bungie's calling card.
The PS4 Pro bundle comes with the season pass so that is definitely a selling point. I'm really just looking for the 1TB of storage as it's been plaguing me on my 500GB storage PS4. Gamestop offers $225 trade in on the PS4 right now as I'm a "pro" member so I figure this is a good time to pick up Destiny and upgrade the console at the same time.

#BaltimoreStrong
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

Played the PC beta last week, really ran smooth. Probably will pick it up, as a bunch of my friends already pre-ordered it. Going to wait a bit to see how the console community reacts after a month of looting.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Pulled the trigger and upgraded to PS4 Pro with the Destiny 2 bundle. The white PS4 looks slick!

I put a lot of time into Destiny 1 and it burned me out after a while. I can honestly say that 2 has pulled me back in and I feel refreshed. It had a great story that was just the right length. Can't wait to dive into end game content as I just hit level 20 last night. A lot more to cover which I'll post later.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: ↑Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 am Pulled the trigger and upgraded to PS4 Pro with the Destiny 2 bundle. The white PS4 looks slick!

I put a lot of time into Destiny 1 and it burned me out after a while. I can honestly say that 2 has pulled me back in and I feel refreshed. It had a great story that was just the right length. Can't wait to dive into end game content as I just hit level 20 last night. A lot more to cover which I'll post later.
I heard the story was very well done. Complete 180 from the initial Destiny story. I'm glad people are digging this one a lot.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone playing this? I enjoy it but I don't really like the forced interaction to do the Nightfall Strikes or Raids... why can't they have matchmaking?

At this point I'm stuck with three characters at 291, 289 and 288. Slow grind now as I basically have 1-2 opportunities per character a week to get better gear than I already have.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

I play casually. Just have one character going at 239.
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

If anybody wants this on PC, it's the headliner for June's Humble Monthly bundle. $12 for D2 + 5 games to be announced later.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

This game died soo fast. You would have thought bungie would have learned. Real shame.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I really liked The Taken King from OG Destiny. Never got into this one. Felt like the course corrected in the other direction way too hard when they were closer to hitting the mark than they thought.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

So the newest DLC just came out Tuesday and I'm soo freaking pissed. By all accounts it's incredibly fun and well done and people are flocking back to the game in mass after months away. However, to play you need to purchase the last two dlcs for $20 and this newest one for $40. Having the base game gives you no discount of any kind.. you'd be better off trading it in for a dollar and buying the Ultimate Edition. As much as I'd love to check it out there is NO WAY I'm going to basically buy the full game a second time. I'd trade it in but the value on gamestop's site is like $1.50 for pro members. So I'm stuck with half a fucking game. I never believed they'd have the balls to pull this shit a second time after the first game but here we are and people are all in on it again. FUCK!

#BaltimoreStrong
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Pretty sure Destiny 2 is a free game this month for PS Plus members.
Lampin'
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: ↑Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 pm Pretty sure Destiny 2 is a free game this month for PS Plus members.
Sure.. the vanilla game.. which is essentially useless. Each DLC adds soo much that you effectively hit a wall early without them. You can't really play without dishing out the $60 for all the DLC. I don't really know how unique this is in the industry but Destiny is virtually unplayable without the DLC.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

This is the trouble you get into with live and subscription based games. They're giving the base game away because they want to on board the people who didn't play the OG content to try and get them to buy the new content.

They did this with the first game too.
Winston

Post by Winston »

3 years later... I see it as a STEAM F2P game. Then I read this thread and decided not to download it. I don't want to pay for the DLC episodes as I only half-heartedly liked the first game.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Any Rubes playing this on Xbox One? I haven't played it in over a year but might jump back in.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: ↑Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:53 am Any Rubes playing this on Xbox One? I haven't played it in over a year but might jump back in.
My brother plays this all the time. I tell him he's "playing Barbies" as he just grinds to get better accessories and weapons over and over, even though he already beat the story. He uses the new gear just to get new gear so he can use it to get new gear. 😴😴
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: ↑Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:07 am
Herky wrote: ↑Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:53 am Any Rubes playing this on Xbox One? I haven't played it in over a year but might jump back in.
My brother plays this all the time. I tell him he's "playing Barbies" as he just grinds to get better accessories and weapons over and over, even though he already beat the story. He uses the new gear just to get new gear so he can use it to get new gear. 😴😴
:lol:
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I used to do this for about 6 months when the first game came out. It very quickly was not fun, and I stopped when I realized what a waste of time it was. And I never played the game again lol. Sad to know there's people still doing it. I played with some rubes from the rubechat video game board in the original Destiny..

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This is what most modern AAA games have turned into. The young people can't get enough of it.

Oh, and make sure it's such a grind to get anything that you can spend more and more of your money to buy it. :naners:
β€œWe are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
β€” Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I still prefer Asteroids, Galaxia, and Pong ovah anything out there today!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: ↑Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:24 pm
This is what most modern AAA games have turned into. The young people can't get enough of it.

Oh, and make sure it's such a grind to get anything that you can spend more and more of your money to buy it. :naners:
But once you finally get the good shit, the story is over and you can't use it anyway. Graphics have become too expensive and ruined gaming by outpricing smaller-dev companies.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.