Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

10 best games you've ever played

Video game themed message board
Moses Scurry

10 best games you've ever played

Post by Moses Scurry »

On a personal level, what games provided you the most fun. Rank in order if you would like.

1. Asheron's Call - I would consider it the greatest most in-depth MMORPG ever made (not the most popular obviously). I took breaks but played since 1999 until it closed last year. 17 years, mothertrucker.
2. Dark Souls - Played it, beat it, played it some more, still playing it. Just rolled up a new toon a few days ago.
3. Super Metroid - SNES at the height of its powers and the best Metroid.
4. Deus Ex - I hate FPS's but this is more a stealth RPG FPS. Huge awesome world. Spin this up once a year.
5. Chronotrigger - It's awesome, we call know it.
6. Donkey Kong Country 3 - Most consider it the worst one of the three, i love it.
7. FF7 - Huge world, so many secrets to uncover. Remake/master supposedly coming out some day.
8. NHL 95 - I think that is the one where you can create your own player.
9. Faxanadu - Weird side scrolling RPG/action game on the NES. Hooked me for some reason. Really a crap game I suppose.
10. Star Wars - Jedi Outcast

Guess I'm pretty mainstream. :oops:

Honrable mention: Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition. Don't much like racing games, this thing hooked me so hard.

I guess i really like open world games.
YBBR

Re: 10 best games you've ever played

Post by YBBR »

Good topic. I'll have to think about this.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

These are the game I had the most fun with playing them at the time I was playing them. Not necessarily the one I think are best or my favorites.

1. Halo - Yes, Friends would hook up consoles and play this religiously. I have never played more of an FPS in my life.
2. Witcher 3 - Amazingly rich world and characters. So engrossing.
3. Oblivion - The systems in this game blew my mind.
4. Skate - The best skateboarding game ever created. With the controls being so innovative and precise, it rewarded players who put the time in. It was a blast to just hit the street and skate the city.
5. Hitman (remake) - The world of assassination I always wanted from the early ones. Making items and tools more deadly and fun to use than a gun is genius. If I have a can of Spaghetti sauce, you are dead.
6. GTA 3 - This was a phenomenon. Buck, buck, and blast some fools!
7. SSX - Listening to Hybrid and snowboarding down a avalanche was never topped.
8. Final Fantasy Tactics - Such a difficult game, the ability and jobs systems were so cool.
9. Ape Escape - The first game that needed analog stick controls to function on the PlayStation. You're a kid and you catch monkeys with a net. Nuff said.
10. Deus Ex Human Revolution - All the Deus Ex games are a blast. Even the shitty Xbox one I like. This one I played three times through in a row. God, I hope they make another one. I love hacking shit and getting XP and just breaking into weird places.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm one of the few people who really enjoy the Deus Ex reboot/Adam Jensen thing. I think those games are really good. I hope they make a third one and the story is better.

FF VI for the SNES is the best Final Fantasy!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Yep, everyone loves ff6. I guess I should try the newer Deus ex but who's got time!!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I always try to remember my top ten, then I forget a game.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Going to keep coming back and updating as I remember them all.

1. Witcher 3 - will never be able to play again - other than this new fan mod that's coming out (YBBR look it up) - loved it too much.
2. Half Life 2 - I come back to this every now and again, such a blast! HL3 - I want to believe!
3. Chrono Trigger - Moses reasons
4. Morrowind - LOVED wandering this world. Cannot wait for Skywind!
5. Yoshi's Island - Solid, beautiful game.
6. Riven - once again, loved wandering this world.
7. Shenmue 2 - great game, great story.
8. Okami - just a purely aesthetically pleasing game.
9. Horizon Zero Dawn - amazing PS4 game! Will be a long wait till No.2 though, if they want to get it right :/
10. Jedi Knight 2 (this may fall out as it dated quite badly, hell of a lot of fun though)
Last edited by LordNu on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Asteroids
Nintendo baseball
Galaxian
Pac Man
Donkey Kong
Pong
Life
Chinese Checkers
Nintendo football
Rockem Sockem Robots
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Metal Gear Solid/MGS2 almost made mine, Abe. I love those games. Also Uniracers was super dope.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

1. Witcher 3 - This game has everything and was my all-time favorite game playing experience.
2. WCW / NWO Revenge (N64) - College days classic.
3. Street Fighter II Championship Edition (Genesis) - MK was fun as a kid; this game was a riot!
4. Goldeneye 007 / Perfect Dark - 4 v 4 with your friends on either of these games was the best multi-player experience ever.
5. The Last of Us - When you hear a bunch of Clickers in the sewers and you only have 3 bullets and one shiv. Fuck that noise.
6. Fallout 3 - I loved the world and the feeling of being able to do whatever the hell I wanted.
7. Horizon Zero Dawn - Probably the most visually stunning game I've ever played. Loved the story.
8. MGS IV - My favorite of the series.
9. Hard Rain - The most unique game I've played.
10. Super Mario World (SNES) - Why not?
Lampin'
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I never finished Riven, that game was insanely hard to solve. Loved it regardless.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Toejam & Earl super high honorable mention for me. Forgot about that game. Hip-hop alien rogue-like with presents. I'm in.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:41 pm I never finished Riven, that game was insanely hard to solve. Loved it regardless.
Such a magnificent world, especially for like the year 1997(was it?)
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

Sim City 4
Double Dribble
NBA 2K11
NBA 2K2
SSX 3
NBA Live 95
Red Dead Redemption
NBA 2K9
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
NHL Live 96
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Tecmo Super Bowl (or was it Super Tecmo Bowl?) - Somehow got Rick Fenney to lead the league in rushing.
NBA Live 1999
NCAA Football 2005 - XBox
NCAA Baseball 2006 - XBox
Mario 3
Contra
Little League Baseball - Nintendo
NASCAR 2005 - XBox
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
NHL Live 99
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 pm 1. Witcher 3 - will never be able to play again - other than this new fan mod that's coming out (YBBR look it up) - loved it too much.
I found a few different ones. Clue me in to which one you were referring to.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

TrueBlue wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:19 pm My favorite game that noone ever talks about is Star Wars KOTOR.

That game was AWESOME!
I tried it but got disinterested quick. I couldn't make heads or tails of the battle system if I recall correctly. Still got the CD install somewhere around her.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:14 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 pm 1. Witcher 3 - will never be able to play again - other than this new fan mod that's coming out (YBBR look it up) - loved it too much.
Takes place at karr mohen, geralt and yen's wedding day. Redprojekt were linking to it the other day, so must be good if the creators are promoting it. What ones have you come across?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:01 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Takes place at karr mohen, geralt and yen's wedding day. Redprojekt were linking to it the other day, so must be good if the creators are promoting it. What ones have you come across?
This Klingon?
You haven't played witcher 3??? DUDE!!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm
It's cool, but it bums me out its made with The Witcher 2 engine. I saw someone showing off the prologue of the first game in The Witcher 3 engine. Looked amazing.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

1. Halo CE. Freshman year of college was basically just a huge lan party in the dorms on the original xbox
2. Super Mario Brothers 3 I have a fortress of knowledge on this game. I promise I know every secret in the game and know more about it than the developers
3. Oblivion. So much better than Skyrim, and so much more love and passion from the developers in that game.
4. Halo 3. Tons of fun. This game is what made Esports take off
5. Rampage Destroying buildings, eating people and saving blonds
6. CoD, the original Black Ops When Halo Reach came out, I switched to the other FPS game, and loved it, and was better at the CoD series than I was at Halo...started making money off this game at local tournaments.
7. Skyrim Still playing it to this day
8. Myst Would sit on my PC for hourse as a pre-teen trying to figure out the puzzles
9. Ninja Guidan Fun and challenging
10. Super Meat Boy brought that retro/nintendo type feel back to this era of gaming.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 pm 1. Witcher 3 - This game has everything and was my all-time favorite game playing experience.
2. WCW / NWO Revenge (N64) - College days classic.
3. Street Fighter II Championship Edition (Genesis) - MK was fun as a kid; this game was a riot!
4. Goldeneye 007 / Perfect Dark - 4 v 4 with your friends on either of these games was the best multi-player experience ever.
5. The Last of Us - When you hear a bunch of Clickers in the sewers and you only have 3 bullets and one shiv. Fuck that noise.
6. Fallout 3 - I loved the world and the feeling of being able to do whatever the hell I wanted.
7. Horizon Zero Dawn - Probably the most visually stunning game I've ever played. Loved the story.
8. MGS IV - My favorite of the series.
9. Hard Rain - The most unique game I've played.
10. Super Mario World (SNES) - Why not?
Damnit, I left Fallout off my list. You got the right fallout on there too. #3 is easily the best, but its not like New Vegas or #4 are bad options either
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Hmm, this is tough. I'll try to recall what my opinion was while I was playing them.

1. Witcher 3
2. World of Warcraft
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Tekken 3
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Super Mario World
7. Knights of the Old Republic
8. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
9. Samurai Shodown 2
10. God of War
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

1. Chrono Trigger
2. NCAA Football '04
3. Ogre Battle
4. Breath of Fire
5.Civ 2
6.Mega Man 4
7.Vigilante 8/Twisted Metal
8.Balder's Gate
9.Kirby Superstars
10.Red Dead Revolver(better than Redemption)

Honorables: FFVII/IX, Madden '96, Ken Griffey Jr's MLB, Super Bomberman, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Diablo, GTA SA.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Oh shit, Breath of Fire. Great game.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:24 am
LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:54 pm You haven't played witcher 3??? DUDE!!
To be honest I have been completely out of the console game since like PS3/Xbox360. I had a XBone but sold it cuz it was just collecting dust and the fast talking middle eastern fellow off craigslist seemed like he wanted it more. I think the last console game I really played a lot of was probably skyrim. I think I heard good things about the witcher, believe its an open world rpg right? I was hoping it was console only or something and I wouldnt have to waste my life getting sucked into a game for more than 30 minutes at a time. :lol: I will probably end up buying it and then likely spend a week straight like a crack head.
I played on PC. If you read the books (which you may be interested in) it becomes very very involving. Great game, world, characters. And yes, huge open world.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:24 am
LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:54 pm You haven't played witcher 3??? DUDE!!
To be honest I have been completely out of the console game since like PS3/Xbox360. I had a XBone but sold it cuz it was just collecting dust and the fast talking middle eastern fellow off craigslist seemed like he wanted it more. I think the last console game I really played a lot of was probably skyrim. I think I heard good things about the witcher, believe its an open world rpg right? I was hoping it was console only or something and I wouldnt have to waste my life getting sucked into a game for more than 30 minutes at a time. :lol: I will probably end up buying it and then likely spend a week straight like a crack head.

Do it, let me know how it is. :mrgreen:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

YBBR wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:09 am Oh shit, Breath of Fire. Great game.
Dude, I was like 4 when my older brother rented that game, and brought it home. It was the first RPG we ever played. I used to sit next to him for hours and watch as he played, sometimes helping him out with remembering stuff.

The first boss, we had so much trouble with. We didnt know that "herbs" healed characters. By the time I woke up the next day, he had figured it out, and advanced. Awesome, nostalgic game.

That video store was closing, and were selling all their games. I end up buying THAT actual cartridge, so its a real heirloom to me at this point.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:20 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:09 am Oh shit, Breath of Fire. Great game.
Dude, I was like 4 when my older brother rented that game, and brought it home. It was the first RPG we ever played. I used to sit next to him for hours and watch as he played, sometimes helping him out with remembering stuff.

The first boss, we had so much trouble with. We didnt know that "herbs" healed characters. By the time I woke up the next day, he had figured it out, and advanced. Awesome, nostalgic game.

That video store was closing, and were selling all their games. I end up buying THAT actual cartridge, so its a real heirloom to me at this point.
Renting games was the best. I am sure the good people of video update and blockbuster despised 12 year old me calling to see if they had a particular game in stock and asking them to hold it. Video update 2 for $1 Tuesdays? Hell yes I will take two games and rock out for like 48 hours for a dollar.
That was the epitome of my younger days. I could rent games until got sick of them for 1/2 the price of buying it. I forgot all about that special.
Lampin'
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

I always ended up paying about 3-4 times as much per rental because I could never avoid the late fees.