Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fortnite

Video game themed message board
LwnmwrMan222

Re: Fortnite

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

T_J wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 pm Been playing for a couple months on Xbone, just saw this thread.

I mostly stink. Slow builder, impatient camper. I like loading up shit and getting to the mix where I can just blast away as much ammo as possible before someone shotguns me close range.
I'm a bush camper, I'll admit it. But there are quite a few times I'll camp right in the open, maybe shade from a tree, corner of a building.
My body, my choice.
T_J

Post by T_J »

I tried that thing someone mentioned above in 50v50 where you fly behind the enemy...that actually works pretty good. Or at least you get a ton of action from it.
T_J

Post by T_J »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 pm Been playing for a couple months on Xbone, just saw this thread.

I mostly stink. Slow builder, impatient camper. I like loading up shit and getting to the mix where I can just blast away as much ammo as possible before someone shotguns me close range.
I'm a bush camper, I'll admit it. But there are quite a few times I'll camp right in the open, maybe shade from a tree, corner of a building.
I'm glad they don't let you go all the way prone like COD...people would be doing that all over the place.
salamander

Post by salamander »

T_J wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 am I tried that thing someone mentioned above in 50v50 where you fly behind the enemy...that actually works pretty good. Or at least you get a ton of action from it.
Yeah dude, and the best part is when you're that far behind enemy lines every one thinks they're safe and plays with their guard down. You just slaughter people like sheep. Fun as hell for a change of pace.

I've done this with a squad before we can sometimes get 10-15 kills (as a squad).
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Yeah, I got a solo win this morning doing some camping. I only had time for one game so I made the most of it. Didn't even engage anyone until there were 5 people left in the match. (Me and 4 others) Killed 2 of the last 4 enemies for the solo victory. Did the Gentleman's bow followed by the Twist dance as a victory celebration.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
T_J

Post by T_J »

salamander wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:02 pm
T_J wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 am I tried that thing someone mentioned above in 50v50 where you fly behind the enemy...that actually works pretty good. Or at least you get a ton of action from it.
Yeah dude, and the best part is when you're that far behind enemy lines every one thinks they're safe and plays with their guard down. You just slaughter people like sheep. Fun as hell for a change of pace.

I've done this with a squad before we can sometimes get 10-15 kills (as a squad).
Ha, I grabbed a shotgun and sat in the main floor of this house while I heard foot steps raiding the place above. Door opened and Bam! Guy had no idea I was in there. Free stuff without gathering, that was prettttty sweet.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Yeah, I got a solo win this morning doing some camping. I only had time for one game so I made the most of it. Didn't even engage anyone until there were 5 people left in the match. (Me and 4 others) Killed 2 of the last 4 enemies for the solo victory. Did the Gentleman's bow followed by the Twist dance as a victory celebration.

I usually land at Haunted Hills, by the time I am done loading everything, everybody is out of pleasant Park and headed towards loot lake or tilted tower whichever way the storm is going. most games I don't even see a person or hear shots until we are down to about 15 or 10 people left.

I have at least three and I think Four wins where I never even got to kill. Either the other people shot each other at the exact same time and left me alone, somebody got lost in the storm, or one time I had a guy above me impulse grenade me but he had the impulse hit him and blew himself off his Tower and he died and I won.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

T_J wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Ha, I grabbed a shotgun and sat in the main floor of this house while I heard foot steps raiding the place above. Door opened and Bam! Guy had no idea I was in there. Free stuff without gathering, that was prettttty sweet.
:lol: That's the best! That just just spent all that time looting for your benefit.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm I usually land at Haunted Hills, by the time I am done loading everything, everybody is out of pleasant Park and headed towards loot lake or tilted tower whichever way the storm is going. most games I don't even see a person or hear shots until we are down to about 15 or 10 people left.

I have at least three and I think Four wins where I never even got to kill. Either the other people shot each other at the exact same time and left me alone, somebody got lost in the storm, or one time I had a guy above me impulse grenade me but he had the impulse hit him and blew himself off his Tower and he died and I won.
Nice. I need to learn how to loot Haunted Hills better. I know a lot of people that love to land there but I rarely do.

Love that impulse grenade win. That's pretty hilarious.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Heard the other day, Epic Games has passed $1B in revenue in two years from this game.
My body, my choice.
shatminster fuller

Post by shatminster fuller »

Can I just load this on my laptop and give it a try, or do I need some expensive gaming rig? I'd like to see what it's about, but I'm not going to spring for a new PC.
Salut les Terriens!
La culture domine tout, elle est la condition sine qua non de notre civilisation…
T_J

Post by T_J »

shatminster fuller wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:14 pm Can I just load this on my laptop and give it a try, or do I need some expensive gaming rig? I'd like to see what it's about, but I'm not going to spring for a new PC.
I think you can do it on your phone at this point.
shatminster fuller

Post by shatminster fuller »

I tried yesterday, actually, and it didn’t work too well. Might have been because my wireless sucks. I’m going to try again with a cable connection.
Salut les Terriens!
La culture domine tout, elle est la condition sine qua non de notre civilisation…
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Wall Street journal has a story about parents hiring coaches for their kids to become better at Fortnite
My body, my choice.
Winston

Post by Winston »

Not my thing, but was wondering if any of you guys are playing on The Switch?
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 am Wall Street journal has a story about parents hiring coaches for their kids to become better at Fortnite
Yeah... Quake was a thing once too. Parents are idiots.
I just started playing this. Its awesone. I suck so bad its unreal.

That said, 20 games in ive had a 2nd and a 3rd.

I was once in a quake 3 clan, the change of pace and ability is startling
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Like I have said, land at one of the named places on the edges of the map. Preferably towards the top of the map,

repeatedly land there at the start of each match until you figure out where the loot is.

also make sure it is not one of the challenges the locations that you need to go to for the challenge, because half of the people go there then. Stay away from any place that is named in a challenge.

Once you figure out what guns you can use effectively, then you can start landing at the other locations.
My body, my choice.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Finally got a lucky break at the end without killing a guy. Some dummy killed himself with an rpg giving me the victory. Good day yesterdsy, 5 wins.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Played squads last night, no Phil. Meaning I did not have any teammates for you guys that don't play this game a lot.

Told my thirteen-year-old I was going to get a win without getting a Kill.

Landed at Haunted Hills, the storm kept coming to me.

Ended up getting the win, but I did not do it without getting a Kill.

Final kill, there was a guy trying to figure out where I was, and he was building a ramp and I ended up shooting his base with a rocket, he ended up saving himself, but then when he jumped off his base, he took too much fall damage and died and I was credited with eliminating him with a great fall, when it was his fall damage that killed him.

my thirteen-year-old just shook his head, he says whenever he plays he has to go up against Ninja and the other guys that seem like they are pro gamers.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm This game is getting my intrigue thanks to you guys. What's better though, Fortnite or PUBGs?
PUBG is better IMO.

Its more tactical/realistic, get a lot of CS players etc.

Fortnite is free and cartoony, get a lot of kids and bad gamers.

Another thing is I prefer first person to third person, I hate how third person allows people to see without exposing themselves and aiming in third person feels bleh to me.

Both communities are shit, with fortnite being worse IMO.
So you suck at Fortnite, got it. :roll: :D
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 am Played squads last night, no Phil. Meaning I did not have any teammates for you guys that don't play this game a lot.

Told my thirteen-year-old I was going to get a win without getting a Kill.

Landed at Haunted Hills, the storm kept coming to me.

Ended up getting the win, but I did not do it without getting a Kill.

Final kill, there was a guy trying to figure out where I was, and he was building a ramp and I ended up shooting his base with a rocket, he ended up saving himself, but then when he jumped off his base, he took too much fall damage and died and I was credited with eliminating him with a great fall, when it was his fall damage that killed him.

my thirteen-year-old just shook his head, he says whenever he plays he has to go up against Ninja and the other guys that seem like they are pro gamers.
He probably has a higher rank than you and gets harder competition in match making. :D
We would be about the same rank. He plays for kills, I play....well to play, but I have more wins solo, he has more squad wins because he plays squads 90% of the time with his buddies.

I have 3 squad wins, 2 solo while playing squads, one playing with my kid and 2 of his friends.

I'm more of a tactical player with Fortnite. My kid will land at Tilted Towers every game and shoot his way out if he can.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:45 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:23 pm We would be about the same rank. He plays for kills, I play....well to play, but I have more wins solo, he has more squad wins because he plays squads 90% of the time with his buddies.

I have 3 squad wins, 2 solo while playing squads, one playing with my kid and 2 of his friends.

I'm more of a tactical player with Fortnite. My kid will land at Tilted Towers every game and shoot his way out if he can.
Im not quite as twitchy as I was when I was younger and in my CS days, but im a lot sneakier now so it all works out. I play to win so I hate hot dropping in this sort of game, I dont like the dice roll of initial weapon luck etc. I am an ambush predator so I like to watch and position and jump people, especially after they looted up real nice for me. I am anything but a run into combat guy, its hard to even get me to shoot sometimes haha. I like just watching people and staying silent until I know I have a sure kill, or until I know I can take shots without alerting some other guy to come look for me. Im not a camper at all though, I keep moving and rotating around as the game develops, but I will follow people silently a long way waiting for them to get in a spot I can wreck them where most people will just open up and get into a gunfight which might be 50/50.

Had a horrible run of hackers last week, was pissing me off. Guys getting 30 kills and just snapping to your head from 50 yards after coming around a corner. But they reset the season and now im not just playing against people with 10:1 KD ratios so its more fun again. :lol:
Same way I play. "Bush camper" my kids call me all the time.
My body, my choice.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

NotRasho wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm This game is getting my intrigue thanks to you guys. What's better though, Fortnite or PUBGs?
PUBG is better IMO.

Its more tactical/realistic, get a lot of CS players etc.

Fortnite is free and cartoony, get a lot of kids and bad gamers.

Another thing is I prefer first person to third person, I hate how third person allows people to see without exposing themselves and aiming in third person feels bleh to me.

Both communities are shit, with fortnite being worse IMO.
I decided to go with Cuisine Royale instead.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 am
I decided to go with Cuisine Royale instead.
Well Played.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Post by salamander »

I play with this guy serving in Korea in squads. Dude gets 10 kills every game. It's insane watching him when I die. Sometimes he'll just use the silenced pistol and straight murder entire 4 person teams by himself.

He doesn't build a ton but will when he needs to.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Yep, still playing.

Almost had the best come back you can have the other day.

Got in a shoot out, lost all of my shield and had 1 health left with 13 people left.

Ran around, finally found a chug jug. Came down to I and another guy, we got in a shootout in the final storm, he won, down to zero shield and 5 health. Had I gotten off 1 shot sooner. 😥
My body, my choice.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Nice, I had a similiar game today. Had less than 30 health after two different battles. After each battle their was a chug jug to use. I had no heals and only 4 quarter shields when I got to the final circles so coming across 2 chug jugs was extremely lucky. I was able to pull off the win by killing the last 2 guys with my purple scar and grenade launcher.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm getting pretty excited for the new Getaway mode.
The Wildcard skin looks slick.

LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:29 pm I'm getting pretty excited for the new Getaway mode.
The Wildcard skin looks slick.

I'm running the Enforcer, with a cape from Ragnarok. Looks pretty sick.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:52 pm I'm running the Enforcer, with a cape from Ragnarok. Looks pretty sick.
OOO, I haven't tried that yet. I'm gunna have to.

Been using the Ravage (female Raven) skin a lot lately.
Raven was my favorite skin by far and now Ravage is even with it.