Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fortnite

Video game themed message board
Dan33185

Re: Fortnite

Post by Dan33185 »

minnemike wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:40 am
salamander wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 pm
Kdog wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 am Thanks to SBMM I achieved my fist solo victory last weekend. I didn't realize this change had happened and one day I was making it to the top 3 no problem and ran into some of the BOTS that just stand there and let you shoot them.

I am 1-154 now.
Prior to SBMM: 0-148
I don't know what to think of it. The people I regularly play with are all WAY better than I am so now when I play with some of my favorite online friends I just get my ass handed to me during every single fight. Suck fest.
I just started this game yesterday and now totally addicted. Lol.

I'm at level 10 after about 5 hrs. I got as high as a 4th finish so far.

I think they key for a newb is to just hang back, find a sniper rifle and find a good spot with cover. And pick off as many as you can. My next skill I need to develop is building crap. The really good players are all insane with it.
I've been playing about a year and am still mastering it, it's ridiculous to watch some players build, they have to be playing like 8 hours a day or something.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:13 am

I don't know what to think of it. The people I regularly play with are all WAY better than I am so now when I play with some of my favorite online friends I just get my ass handed to me during every single fight. Suck fest.

I think they key for a newb is to just hang back, find a sniper rifle and find a good spot with cover. And pick off as many as you can. My next skill I need to develop is building crap. The really good players are all insane with it.
I've been playing about a year and am still mastering it, it's ridiculous to watch some players build, they have to be playing like 8 hours a day or something.
Yeah - I;ve seen guys make a running trail of blockades as they are getting chased, build around players to trap them and build skyscraper shit that you have no chance of getting them unless a sniper rifle. You can of course shoot to detroy the build, but they can just keep building it or get you first.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Builders have gotten too good, it's ruined the game.

If you get a clear shot on someone, you get off like 3 shots... But then they turtle up into a box. You can't hit the box hard enough... As soon as they turtle up, I just leave the area.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
salamander

Post by salamander »

Kdog wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 am Thanks to SBMM I achieved my fist solo victory last weekend. I didn't realize this change had happened and one day I was making it to the top 3 no problem and ran into some of the BOTS that just stand there and let you shoot them.

I am 1-154 now.
Prior to SBMM: 0-148

Find a good bush to hid in. Peek and snipe.

For building, do yourself a favor and set your controller setup to builder pro. It might take a bit to get used to but you'll be happier with it in the long run. Learn how to build a ramp with walls in front. Build to roofs and work down, just build even when you don't think you need to.

It took me a long time to win a build fight but once you start getting the hang of it, it's not terribly hard. You'll never get as good as some of those guys but getting good enough to outbuild 75% of the lobby is the main thing.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:57 pm Builders have gotten too good, it's ruined the game.

If you get a clear shot on someone, you get off like 3 shots... But then they turtle up into a box. You can't hit the box hard enough... As soon as they turtle up, I just leave the area.
This. I always carry some kind of explosive for this exact reason (grenades usually so I can just lob a shit load of them and spray and pray.

But... it's gotten ridiculous sometimes watching people.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

The building is what drove me away from Fortnite.

My kids don't even play anymore.
My body, my choice.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Once players build up and over you, you're toast, never fails.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dan33185 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:19 am Once players build up and over you, you're toast, never fails.
I learned a neat trap trick for that. Then they removed traps, thats about when I quit.

When their ramp hits first and you get stuck under it you quickly build a floor at the top of their ramp then wall them in and slap a trap on the two side walls. Death. You'd be amazed how often you can kill overconfident, better builders than you with this trick.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Anyone ever just take those gunboats and turbo them over land and just go all crazy with the guided missile launcher? That's some fun shit.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

minnemike wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 pm Anyone ever just take those gunboats and turbo them over land and just go all crazy with the guided missile launcher? That's some fun shit.
Yeah, Team Rumble, the Agency was in the middle of the circle. My son and myself were playing and we each took a boat and blasted the bottom walls of the agency... took some time, but we took down the whole agency.

After a while people realized what we were trying to do and everyone jumped in and helped with pick axes.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
salamander

Post by salamander »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:31 am
minnemike wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 pm Anyone ever just take those gunboats and turbo them over land and just go all crazy with the guided missile launcher? That's some fun shit.
Yeah, Team Rumble, the Agency was in the middle of the circle. My son and myself were playing and we each took a boat and blasted the bottom walls of the agency... took some time, but we took down the whole agency.

After a while people realized what we were trying to do and everyone jumped in and helped with pick axes.
Kind of sounds like when someone covered dusty divot entirely. People started jumping in and helping. Other were fending off attackers. Eventually they covered it.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:31 am

THe new thing now is some will make ramps for you and you can turbo those boats flying high. Freaking hilarious.

The Device Event was pretty nuts.

For a while they just had the Device affects which made the rain become an underwater thing instead. But you can swim faster and escape the slow death.

Season 3 is now live and gonna try it out tonight I think.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Just started playing this with some friends, and it got me hooked. I'm sort of ashamed, but this group of friends are guys I'd played PUBG with on PS4 a few years ago. I'm pretty good, I don't think builders are too big of a deal, you can get through walls pretty well shooting. I like the flare gun, or grenades.

They have spider gloves so you can whip around the map pretty easily. I feel like there are a lot of bots around, but maybe they are little kids. Anyway, fun game. I'm not obsessed though. Kills time for me pretty fast, though.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:58 am Just started playing this with some friends, and it got me hooked. I'm sort of ashamed, but this group of friends are guys I'd played PUBG with on PS4 a few years ago. I'm pretty good, I don't think builders are too big of a deal, you can get through walls pretty well shooting. I like the flare gun, or grenades.

They have spider gloves so you can whip around the map pretty easily. I feel like there are a lot of bots around, but maybe they are little kids. Anyway, fun game. I'm not obsessed though. Kills time for me pretty fast, though.
Just wait until you get to better lobbies. The insane building and editing abilities some people have is impressive.
The first time someone boxes you in and traps you will be humiliating.

With the new map came actual bots and those are reason #1 why I quit. It was way better before the bots.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

salamander wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:40 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:58 am Just started playing this with some friends, and it got me hooked. I'm sort of ashamed, but this group of friends are guys I'd played PUBG with on PS4 a few years ago. I'm pretty good, I don't think builders are too big of a deal, you can get through walls pretty well shooting. I like the flare gun, or grenades.

Just wait until you get to better lobbies. The insane building and editing abilities some people have is impressive.

With the new map came actual bots and those are reason #1 why I quit. It was way better before the bots.
They have introduced non-building lobbies as well, I prefer those, much more fun.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I dont mind the building aspect. If I wanted straight up battle I'd play COD I guess. I don't build but it seems like FN's thing.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I don't have a clue what any of you are talking about. Haven't played a game since Astroids in the 80's....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:53 pm

They have introduced non-building lobbies as well, I prefer those, much more fun.
Oh wow, that's kind of interesting. I'd definitely play that even though I don't know how much I'd like it.
Slapping that ramp down to get to the roof is just fun.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Hornets wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:50 pm I don't have a clue what any of you are talking about. Haven't played a game since Astroids in the 80's....
:D :beer: Astroids is the shit.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

salamander wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Oh wow, that's kind of interesting. I'd definitely play that even though I don't know how much I'd like it.
I haven't played building mode since they've introduced non-building mode, but I probably will again eventually, I just think in building mode it becomes all about who can build faster/better rather than actually fighting other players.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dan33185 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:32 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:21 pm

I haven't played building mode since they've introduced non-building mode, but I probably will again eventually, I just think in building mode it becomes all about who can build faster/better rather than actually fighting other players.
It definitely does get that way at times.