Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fortnite

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Fortnite

Post by Mandatory »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:53 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:52 am
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

First game to gross a billion dollars. How could it not be game of the year?
It didn't come out in 2018 and the fact that every child in America is obsessed with it doesn't mean it's the best game. Golden Joysticks or whoever it was that gave the award also named Madden game of the year a few years back. It's not game of the year.
#notmygameoftheyear ??
:lol:

Yep
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:53 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:52 am

It didn't come out in 2018 and the fact that every child in America is obsessed with it doesn't mean it's the best game. Golden Joysticks or whoever it was that gave the award also named Madden game of the year a few years back. It's not game of the year.
#notmygameoftheyear ??
:lol:

Yep
:lol: :lol:

That's pretty good.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HOLY MACKEREL!

And the 2018 game of year starts off season 7 with a crazy new winter area. Huge map changes plus planes and ziplines.
This game is incredible. I can't wait to get home and start playing it tonight. I have off all day tomorrow as well.

Season 7! Woot woot!

What a masterpiece this game is.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:36 am HOLY MACKEREL!

And the 2018 game of year starts off season 7 with a crazy new winter area. Huge map changes plus planes and ziplines.
This game is incredible. I can't wait to get home and start playing it tonight. I have off all day tomorrow as well.

Season 7! Woot woot!

My kid was all over it last night

I personally haven't played since Blackout came out for Call of Duty.
My body, my choice.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Season 7! Woot woot!

What platform are you playing?

I played a little last night, the airplanes are fun and not over powered since they are easy to shoot down.

The fucking creative mode is going to be the game changer though. There are a lot of people out there with more time than you and me that are going to create some crazy islands to play on.

My kid is all over it... I was trying to watch the wolves game Wednesday night and he was watching videos of what was coming up for season 7... every 5 minutes he would come over and give me an update... anyone else I would have told him to fuck off I am watching the Wolves, but I love that kid.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Ziplines are death traps... It so easy to shoot people on those things. Weeeeeee.... boom... dead.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Season 7! Woot woot!

I played a little last night, the airplanes are fun and not over powered since they are easy to shoot down.

The fucking creative mode is going to be the game changer though. There are a lot of people out there with more time than you and me that are going to create some crazy islands to play on.

My kid is all over it... I was trying to watch the wolves game Wednesday night and he was watching videos of what was coming up for season 7... every 5 minutes he would come over and give me an update... anyone else I would have told him to fuck off I am watching the Wolves, but I love that kid.
I agree, I will sit there and watch my kid play. I just don't have any interest in playing at myself anymore.

my kid is the type that runs around and jumps off a ledge and had shots people as he's falling.

I on the other hand practice spray and pray.
My body, my choice.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Season 7! Woot woot!

I agree, I will sit there and watch my kid play. I just don't have any interest in playing at myself anymore.

my kid is the type that runs around and jumps off a ledge and had shots people as he's falling.

I on the other hand practice spray and pray.
I currently have only one good eye... not sure if it really is the cause, but I am using it as an excuse as to why I suck so bad.

I love the respawning game modes, it has helped with challenges.
Kdog

Post by Kdog »

Has anyone been able to get to the new Infinity Blade first in the new update? And if you have, did you easily win the match?
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Kdog wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:19 pm Has anyone been able to get to the new Infinity Blade first in the new update? And if you have, did you easily win the match?
My kid has, and he did not. He also defeated an infinity blade for the win when it was just him and the other player.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Voted fan favorite game of the year.....again.
My body, my choice.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

It's a noob buffet today on fortnite. Easy kills.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:58 pm It's a noob buffet today on fortnite. Easy kills.
Same way on call of duty.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Season 7! Woot woot!

I'm on PS4.

At first I loved the planes but they're starting to irritate me.

One guy legit used a rift and landed on my plane one time, mid air. Dude started spraying me with an SMG. Thankfully I noticed it happen and jumped off before he could kill me. I had my plane jacked from me mid flight. The ladies of the house just laughed and laughed.
Last edited by salamander on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:28 pm Image
:lol: :thumbsup:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Kdog wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:19 pm Has anyone been able to get to the new Infinity Blade first in the new update? And if you have, did you easily win the match?
I have. (before it was removed for being OP in end game) Honestly, it sucks.

You have a giant blue marker that everyone can see showing where you are. Taking out one or two people is a cinch but with that marker you're fighting off wave after wave with snipers and shot-gunners all targeting you. It's impossible to start the game with the blade and survive till the end where it's an advantage.

I'm so glad the jettisoned this thing.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Marshmallow is throwing an in game concert this Saturday!!
I'm very excited. I even bought the Marshmallow skin and dance!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

This is not snark.

Anyone still playing this? I'm just curious if it's still the cultural phenomenon that it was.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:10 am This is not snark.

Anyone still playing this? I'm just curious if it's still the cultural phenomenon that it was.
Yep. I intersperse other games in now. It's still huge and old players came back for season X because they brought back a bunch of old locations that were changed.

Now rumors of an entirely new map is fueling the new season coming up.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

I still play. The SBMM seems to help a bit for average players like me. I don't have to go against the tryhards anymore but now its all cross platform so you still get wrecked occasionally by a PC hack.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Fortnite is so busy for the end of season live event it's taking 10 minutes to even get on the servers.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm Fortnite is so busy for the end of season live event it's taking 10 minutes to even get on the servers.
My kid just got home "OMG!!! Fortnite is dead!!"
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:22 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm Fortnite is so busy for the end of season live event it's taking 10 minutes to even get on the servers.
My kid just got home "OMG!!! Fortnite is dead!!"
Servers have been down all day. Now there's rumors they won't be up until Tuesday morning for the new chapter 2 map.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

My kids have bought all in, my youngest, 14 years old, it's all he plays again.

Personally, I'm waiting for the new call of Duty next week.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:18 am My kids have bought all in, my youngest, 14 years old, it's all he plays again.

Personally, I'm waiting for the new call of Duty next week.
I'm still all in baby. I am also waiting for the new CoD. I've already pre-ordered it and everything.
This will be my first time jumping back into CoD since Modern Warefare 2 (way back when).
Kdog

Post by Kdog »

Thanks to SBMM I achieved my fist solo victory last weekend. I didn't realize this change had happened and one day I was making it to the top 3 no problem and ran into some of the BOTS that just stand there and let you shoot them.

I am 1-154 now.
Prior to SBMM: 0-148
salamander

Post by salamander »

Kdog wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 am Thanks to SBMM I achieved my fist solo victory last weekend. I didn't realize this change had happened and one day I was making it to the top 3 no problem and ran into some of the BOTS that just stand there and let you shoot them.

I am 1-154 now.
I don't know what to think of it. The people I regularly play with are all WAY better than I am so now when I play with some of my favorite online friends I just get my ass handed to me during every single fight. Suck fest.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:07 pm
Kdog wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 am Thanks to SBMM I achieved my fist solo victory last weekend. I didn't realize this change had happened and one day I was making it to the top 3 no problem and ran into some of the BOTS that just stand there and let you shoot them.

I am 1-154 now.
I don't know what to think of it. The people I regularly play with are all WAY better than I am so now when I play with some of my favorite online friends I just get my ass handed to me during every single fight. Suck fest.
I just started this game yesterday and now totally addicted. Lol.

I'm at level 10 after about 5 hrs. I got as high as a 4th finish so far.

I think they key for a newb is to just hang back, find a sniper rifle and find a good spot with cover. And pick off as many as you can. My next skill I need to develop is building crap. The really good players are all insane with it.