Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fortnite

Video game themed message board
LwnmwrMan222

Fortnite

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Any of you guys playing?

My kids got me into it. It can be kind of a camp fest sometimes, but the matches go pretty quick for a 100 player Battle Royale to the finish.
My body, my choice.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Fortnite

Post by Mandatory »

This sounds kinda prudish.. but I can't play games with these sort of retro or goofy graphics. Just can't. Smart play on their part though to cash in on the Battle Royale hype of PUBG.

I read in recent leaks that Red Dead Redemption 2 plans to have a multiplary Battle Royale mode.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm This sounds kinda prudish.. but I can't play games with these sort of retro or goofy graphics. Just can't. Smart play on their part though to cash in on the Battle Royale hype of PUBG.

I read in recent leaks that Red Dead Redemption 2 plans to have a multiplary Battle Royale mode.
It's not bad once you start. I kinda scoffed at it too, but it gets your heart racing when it's down to you and one other person, playing cat and mouse.

I've won twice since I started playing
My body, my choice.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm This sounds kinda prudish.. but I can't play games with these sort of retro or goofy graphics. Just can't. Smart play on their part though to cash in on the Battle Royale hype of PUBG.

It's not bad once you start. I kinda scoffed at it too, but it gets your heart racing when it's down to you and one other person, playing cat and mouse.

I've won twice since I started playing
Is this the one where you can build stuff too?

#BaltimoreStrong
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Yeah you hack stuff with your pick axe and then build walls, stairs, bases.
My body, my choice.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:08 pm Yeah you hack stuff with your pick axe and then build walls, stairs, bases.
That's a fun aspect and the footage I've seen looks admittedly fun.. unfortunately my computer is out of commission right now..

#BaltimoreStrong
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Anyone play this on Xbox 360?

I have played 30 matches and have a total of 6 kills. I am fucking dominating.

My best finish was 6th... which was the very first time I played. It was weird, I was actively running around looking for people but could not find anyone until the end when I got sniped while building a fort.... so I ended up 6th without firing a shot.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:35 am Anyone play this on Xbox 360?

I have played 30 matches and have a total of 6 kills. I am fucking dominating.

My best finish was 6th... which was the very first time I played. It was weird, I was actively running around looking for people but could not find anyone until the end when I got sniped while building a fort.... so I ended up 6th without firing a shot.
The other day I won the whole match of 100 people without getting a single kill. I kept running around trying to find people and there was nobody to shoot. The map kept getting smaller and smaller and smaller, there was 4 of us left. I could hear them shooting, I started running towards them and then they all got lost in the storm.

I claimed victory without a single kill.
My body, my choice.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Update, I am getting better, I had 3 more kills this weekend. I used to go out to the edges and run in... but that strategy sucks. Now I head for the middle and hope I am close to the eye of the storm. From there I build a tower and wait. Let these fuckers come to me.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

This game is getting my intrigue thanks to you guys. What's better though, Fortnite or PUBGs?
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

I read that lowering your mouse sensitivity drastically improved people's play over time. Gradually increase to your normal level ad you get good at slower ones. This os what the top ranked CS players recommend too.
Lampin'
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

I started playing this about 2 weeks ago. Gotten 2nd and 3rd a few times. I need to work on building forts. Seems to be the key to winning FortNite.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm This game is getting my intrigue thanks to you guys. What's better though, Fortnite or PUBGs?
The battle royale thing is free for fortnite. Just cosmetics are played for. Download and play on your platform of choice.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I watched a few videos of this "Ninja" Twitch streamer. He's kinda boring personality wise but he's so good. It's pretty unreal.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am I watched a few videos of this "Ninja" Twitch streamer. He's kinda boring personality wise but he's so good. It's pretty unreal.
I have a hard time watching stuff on Twitch. Video games are great, but I'd rather play them than watch them. Although I watched a good bit of the Dragonball Fighterz big fighting game tournament that was in Atlanta on Sunday, and that shit was crazy.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am I watched a few videos of this "Ninja" Twitch streamer. He's kinda boring personality wise but he's so good. It's pretty unreal.
My youngest, he will be 13 in May. My oldest and I are in awe of watching him, he's really good. However, it still comes down to a lot of luck for the win. He has six, I have three. I have no idea how to build bases.

I mean, I know how to build them, I just can't do it effectively. My youngest, his strategy is to go right in the middle of everyone and hope that he gets a shotgun or at least a green AR. And then shoot his way out.

My strategy is to always go to Haunted Hills. Very few people go there and there are about 12 chests usually so you get a decent load out by the time you are done.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

If any of you are on PS4, I will Squad up with you. None of my online friends play it, so I can never do any of the challenges of Reviving players and whatnot.

lwnmwrman22
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

A lot of winning comes down to whether or not you have a rocket launcher or not. That is how I usually end up dying. Some dude in a base with a rocket launcher just keeps throwing rockets at me until I can't get out of the way anymore.
My body, my choice.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:27 pm This game is getting my intrigue thanks to you guys. What's better though, Fortnite or PUBGs?
The battle royale thing is free for fortnite. Just cosmetics are played for. Download and play on your platform of choice.
:shock:

So it's basically the new Team Fortress?

I will definitely be looking into this!

PS4 requires that PSspecial pass/access thing to play online, yeah?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I did not know it was free.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:46 pm I did not know it was free.
Totally free. PUBG is 30 bucks I think.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

LordNu wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:22 pm

You do NOT need PS Plus to play Fortnite.
My body, my choice.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 pm

ACE! Cheers man!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Just got #4 solo win. 2nd place killed 3rd place with rockets while I was at the bottom of 3rd's base.

2nd place needed to get to the circle, so he was building a platform across the sky, over the river. I shot the platform, 2nd place didn't stick the landing.

My body, my choice.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 pm

I may have to give this a try then.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Herky

Post by Herky »

I played it for the first time last night. I'm terrible at it.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Herky wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:36 am I played it for the first time last night. I'm terrible at it.
It takes a bit. The aiming is kinda off.

Start in Haunted Hills. There is a lot of loot there and few people go there, at least on PS4

Weapons get better by color....
Gray, Green, Blue, Purple, Orange / Yellow are the best.
My body, my choice.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

It's a fun enough game, but I don't love the arcadey feel and the shooting.

I'm very bad at the building which seems to come into play a lot when it gets down to the nitty gritty.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I don't build at all. The biggest thing if you don't build, you can learn to flank. Hide in bushes, you'll learn to spot the taller ones that you can hide in easily.

I had 2 more wins in the last two days.

When the circle starts to get smaller, flank around the edge of the storm to the side of the circle that's closest to the storm. Keep as small of a space as possible where people can come up behind you.

Lastly, if you're not playing with headphones, like most FPS, you are at a distinct disadvantage.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Pulled a win on Squad mode last night by myself. My third win yesterday.
My body, my choice.