Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fortnite

Video game themed message board
LwnmwrMan222

Re: Fortnite

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Just hit 250k xp. Gonna be a while before I get that 500k.
My body, my choice.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Don't take this personal fellas but I'm convinced that Fortnite is a plague on society of the level of social media. It needs to die.

:beer:
Last edited by Mandatory on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:51 pm Don't take this personal fellas but I'm not convinced that Fortnite is a plague on society of the level of social media. It needs to die.

It did not hook me. I like emergent gameplay but this didn't do it for me. Epic is making money hand over fist with this game. It has entered the mainstream in a way no other game has since maybe WoW circa 2005.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

YBBR wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:51 pm Don't take this personal fellas but I'm not convinced that Fortnite is a plague on society of the level of social media. It needs to die.

It did not hook me. I like emergent gameplay but this didn't do it for me. Epic is making money hand over fist with this game. It has entered the mainstream in a way no other game has since maybe WoW circa 2005.
Just seen it referenced quite a bit in a Sprint ad during Saturday night football.
My body, my choice.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

100%. Hearing coworkers and friends talking about their kids playing fortnite is really getting on my nerves. It's boring and repetitive.

#BaltimoreStrong
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:33 pm

100%. Hearing coworkers and friends talking about their kids playing fortnite is really getting on my nerves. It's boring and repetitive.
My kid's 11th grade Calculus teacher started the year by using Fortnite in his lessons
My body, my choice.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm
Mandatory wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:33 pm

My kid's 11th grade Calculus teacher started the year by using Fortnite in his lessons
:oops:

:lol:

#BaltimoreStrong
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Somehow managed 3 wins last night.
salamander

Post by salamander »

In the lexicon of great gaming moments. Decades from now... stories will be told.
Fortnite is a game that forges our video gaming path like few before it.

-Pong shows us the enjoyment of competitive gaming. (early 70's)
-The cuteness of Pacman bring women into the video gaming fold. (early 80's)
-Nintendo and Mario revitalize the gaming industry and save it. (mid 80's)
-Sony with the help of Squaresoft (FF7) revolutionized gaming by turning to disc based games. (mid 90's)
-Mario also helps revolutionize gaming by setting the standard for 3D gaming. (mid to late 90's)
-Goldeneye shows us the future of gaming with it's competitive/party style. (late 90's)
-Xbox creates an online play (early 00's)
-Gaming hits the mainstream through social gaming (late 00's/early 10's)
-Fortnite begins crossplay between all three major platforms and PC (late 10's)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

New season in less than 12 hours. I wonder what it has in store??
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:08 pm New season in less than 12 hours. I wonder what it has in store??
Very excited!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:08 pm New season in less than 12 hours. I wonder what it has in store??
Very excited!
Played a couple of games this morning the invisible crystal is dumb.

Getting ready for CoD Blackout.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:30 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 pm
Very excited!
Played a couple of games this morning the invisible crystal is dumb.

Getting ready for CoD Blackout.
I haven't even gotten to use the crtystal yet. Never found them the first day and they've been deactivated since then. I don't think I'm going to like them though.

Love what they've done with the map. The floating island is sweet as hell, the underground bunker in Wailing Woods has me remembering why I love to drop Wailing (I kind of forgot about the area for awhile). The Creepy Castle near Haunted Hills is legit fun to early game battle in. I love dropping there when it's an early drop.

The Battle Pass skins this season are probably my favorite of the last 3 seasons.

The dances are meh but I pretty much love everything else.
MN Mediocrity

Post by MN Mediocrity »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 pm I seriously suck at this game. I've placed as high as 6th in the solo tournaments, but that was just because I camped in some trees until the storm forced me to hide somewhere else, then, another place, then dead. I have yet to actually kill another user... I've been playing for like 8 hours total... Time to switch to a different game..
Just drop tilted towers repeatedly. Eventually you should find a decent gun before the guy next to you gets one at all.
salamander

Post by salamander »

MN Mediocrity wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:00 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 pm I seriously suck at this game. I've placed as high as 6th in the solo tournaments, but that was just because I camped in some trees until the storm forced me to hide somewhere else, then, another place, then dead. I have yet to actually kill another user... I've been playing for like 8 hours total... Time to switch to a different game..
Just drop tilted towers repeatedly. Eventually you should find a decent gun before the guy next to you gets one at all.
Tilted will make you better.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

That's the one thing that I do like about Call of Duty blackout, is there is no building.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:26 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 pm
MN Mediocrity wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:00 am

Tilted will make you better.
My problem is that I can't aim for shit... I'm playing on the XB1x and I just suck at locking in on the enemy. I'll get a hit or two, they move to the left, and kill me before I can relock in... I've never really been too big on shooters anyway, I like games like Doom, Halo, or Wolfenstein, but never really got into playing online with other people. In the games I mentioned, the enemies become predictable. You understand their patterns and they become easy to take out. Human players are dicks. They jump around, build walls, hide... THEY'RE DICKS@!!

That being said, I did almost kill someone by camping out in a little bush in the grass with a sniper rifle last night. I would have killed the fucker if some DICK didn't see me and take me out from behind before I got that last shot in...
I actually know your pain. I haven't played many shooters until I picked this game up (it's been awhile ago now).

Took me a long time to go toe to toe with anyone. I'm still learning to strafe side to side while shooting to avoid being shot. I've got a bit of that glass canon thing right now. I can get melted easily but I will do the same to you if I get to first shot.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I actually do the best when I sit off to the left of my TV.

I'm so used to Call of Duty, and on Fortnite the crosshairs are to the right of the player.

If I sit off to the left, I magically line up my guy, the crosshairs and the opponent much better.

If I sit straight on, 90% of the time I'm shooting to the right of the opponent.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 pm I actually do the best when I sit off to the left of my TV.

I'm so used to Call of Duty, and on Fortnite the crosshairs are to the right of the player.

If I sit off to the left, I magically line up my guy, the crosshairs and the opponent much better.

If I sit straight on, 90% of the time I'm shooting to the right of the opponent.
That's really weird. I'm opposite. I need to be to the right of my TV.
But yeah, if I'm straight on, I tend to shoot right of the player.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Got another Solo Victory Royale last night.

The circle ended at Flush Factory and I got to the top of the Factory first so I had high ground on everyone. I'm boss with the heavy sniper so I ended up picking 3 people off in the fields around FF who were fighting with each other. Another guy tried to sneak up on me but didn't see my freeze trap at the top of my ramp in time. He hit it and slid off the ramp to his death. :lol:

I like to do this trick where I lay a flat piece at the top of my ramp with a freeze trap, then an opening with a wall that's lower than the flat freeze piece. On that lower wall is a spike trap so they'll slide off the edge, get smoked by the trap on their way down and die from fall damage. This makes it so a full health player will only have 50 health and certain death after the fall. (Unless they don't have full health, then the trap just kills them.)

So anyways, there was one player left and the dude was below throwing tons of sticky bombs up at me and fucking my shit up. Luckily I had mini's and half pots to heal. He must have had at least two slots full of sticky bombs. Who the hell carries that many sticky bombs? I had to constantly rebuild the top of the Factory to even stay up there.

The circle forced me down off the Factory where I thought I was about to be forced into a build battle (because dude starts building) but the guy was not very good at it and I immediately got high ground. (I'm not that great at it myself but I can out build bad builders). The person just hides below me somewhere so I stay until the moving circle at the end pushes me off it. This person never even came out of the build to fight me. They just died in the storm. WTF? The players that were watching me (that I sniped earlier) must have thought it was the easiest win ever. I sniped a lot of them and they looked like they could've beaten me straight up.
Last edited by salamander on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:14 pm Got another Solo Victory Royale last night.
I've moved on to Blackout. I can't get a win though. I keep playing my hand, getting impatient at the end.
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:43 pm I actually do the best when I sit off to the left of my TV.

That's really weird. I'm opposite. I need to be to the right of my TV.
But yeah, if I'm straight on, I tend to shoot right of the player.
I'll try sitting off to the left and right next time I play it. I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with where I'm seated, and has everything to do with being terrible at shooters.
Yeah, takes a long time to get back into them too. It's a different kind of gaming skill for sure.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Seems like Fortnite is going with the respawning aspect. I know they had it in the disco domination.

I found sniping in Disco domination is easy... because after everyone dies once or twice they no longer have shield potions. So everyone is running around with 100 HP. I usually drop into Shifty Shafts because there is a vending machine there. Get the sniper.. find a tree on top of a mountain to use for cover... then snipe away.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

So this fucking game just won a game of the year award despite coming out in 2017. Fucking millennials.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm So this fucking game just won a game of the year award despite coming out in 2017. Fucking millennials.
It didn't really get big until 2018. And it was the best game of 2018.

It is weird though.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:29 am
Mandatory wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm So this fucking game just won a game of the year award despite coming out in 2017. Fucking millennials.

It is weird though.
Don't care when it got big and it's definitely not the best game of the year. And yes, it is weird.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 pm Seems like Fortnite is going with the respawning aspect. I know they had it in the disco domination.

I found sniping in Disco domination is easy... because after everyone dies once or twice they no longer have shield potions. So everyone is running around with 100 HP. I usually drop into Shifty Shafts because there is a vending machine there. Get the sniper.. find a tree on top of a mountain to use for cover... then snipe away.
Any time I have a sniper challenge or AR challenge I just play disco domination and pound it out quick.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

It is weird though.
First game to gross a billion dollars. How could it not be game of the year?
My body, my choice.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

It is weird though.
It didn't come out in 2018 and the fact that every child in America is obsessed with it doesn't mean it's the best game. Golden Joysticks or whoever it was that gave the award also named Madden game of the year a few years back. It's not game of the year.

#BaltimoreStrong
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:52 am
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:28 am

It is weird though.
It didn't come out in 2018 and the fact that every child in America is obsessed with it doesn't mean it's the best game. Golden Joysticks or whoever it was that gave the award also named Madden game of the year a few years back. It's not game of the year.
#notmygameoftheyear ??
My body, my choice.