Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Video game speedrun videos?

Video game themed message board
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Video game speedrun videos?

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Do you guys ever watch these? I'm hooked on them. I love watching someone play a game I used to play and do it super fast. I just recently watched someone go through mario kart on 150cc using a bunch of awesome shortcuts
Hummdrum

Re: Video game speedrun videos?

Post by Hummdrum »

Donovan McNabb wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:01 pm Do you guys ever watch these? I'm hooked on them. I love watching someone play a game I used to play and do it super fast. I just recently watched someone go through mario kart on 150cc using a bunch of awesome shortcuts
I have the fastest computer ever and I don't even game.
It's useless really unless you are a gamer.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
salamander

Post by salamander »

Donovan McNabb wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:01 pm Do you guys ever watch these? I'm hooked on them. I love watching someone play a game I used to play and do it super fast. I just recently watched someone go through mario kart on 150cc using a bunch of awesome shortcuts
I catch them every once in awhile. They are really, truly amazing sometimes.

Haven't seen the mario kart one. Gunna check it out.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I think I posted this in this forum, but the summer speedrun event for charity is held in Bloomington every year. It's got kind of a politically correct vibe now, but might be work checking out if you live around here.

https://gamesdonequick.com/

Super Metroid speed runs are amazing. Dark Souls runs are pretty incredible.

This guy goes in depth on the world record progression for some popular games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtUbO6 ... VIOGML3c8w