Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Deathloop

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Deathloop

Post by YBBR »

Anyone? Don't know how many ultra high end PC and PS5 owners we got.

Will play this when it ports over. If I have an Xbox X by then. I like immersive sims and apparently one of the best ever made right here.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
jffl_commish

Re: Deathloop

Post by jffl_commish »

I see it's a Bethesda game. I have not checked it out though. Might have to though
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Saw the adds all over online and TV, so I checked the trailers out and some game-play vids. I don't have a PS5 or a good rig, so I can't play anyway, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea. However, my good friends on Video Games Chat have convinced me into buying games before, so I can be swayed.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:55 pm Saw the adds all over online and TV, so I checked the trailers out and some game-play vids. I don't have a PS5 or a good rig, so I can't play anyway, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea. However, my good friends on Video Games Chat have convinced me into buying games before, so I can be swayed.
AC Odyssey FTW?!?!
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:55 pm Saw the adds all over online and TV, so I checked the trailers out and some game-play vids. I don't have a PS5 or a good rig, so I can't play anyway, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea. However, my good friends on Video Games Chat have convinced me into buying games before, so I can be swayed.
AC Odyssey FTW?!?!
Yep!

That, Wreckfest, Madden 20, Watch Dogs (pretty fun game, I should finish it. I started over to put permanent death on), and Outer Worlds (although I would have gotten around to that on my own eventually).

Cheers Froobchat! :beer:

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I've heard it's fun but incredibly repetitive.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:15 pm I've heard it's fun but incredibly repetitive.
I was watching a speed run, even then it looked boring and repetitive.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:07 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:15 pm I've heard it's fun but incredibly repetitive.
Oooo, really? It's got to be then.

Having some random human player be able to enter your game and kill you seemed kind of cool. Don't know if I'd buy it just for that though.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

It's an immersive sim like the OG Deus Ex. Feels like it would be way up your alley.

Arkane are a very good studio but yes, some of their games are more niche. Dishonored, Prey.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'll play it in a year when it comes to Gamepass. Just thought a few others might be into this. Love the style and art direction in this game too. Very cool early 70's mod shit.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Thats the thing. The game optimizes it's hardware and has good graphics and therefore the price point of the game is 70$, even though it's a niche game. Dumb. Not to mention it's probably buggy as hell. You're almost a nitwit if you don't wait for game pass.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:20 pm Thats the thing. The game optimizes it's hardware and has good graphics and therefore the price point of the game is 70$, even though it's a niche game. Dumb. Not to mention it's probably buggy as hell. You're almost a nitwit if you don't wait for game pass.
Lots of game of the year buzz around it. And I liked their previous stuff. The studios. So again, it seems like it's worth 70 bucks or 40 something if you wait some months down the line, but again one of the main reasons I'm going with Microsoft this go around is exactly what you listed.

The value is so much better there. No $70 games. All first party stuff and tons of developers making deals for day one on game pass. Such a great deal.

It will suck to miss out on God of War and Horizon and stuff, but besides first party Sony games that come out every so often I'm not missing anything.
salamander

Post by salamander »

How was Dishonored? I meant to get it just never did.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:59 pm
It's an immersive sim like the OG Deus Ex. Feels like it would be way up your alley.

Arkane are a very good studio but yes, some of their games are more niche. Dishonored, Prey.
Blasphemy!!! ;)
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 am How was Dishonored? I meant to get it just never did.
Yeah, I liked them. Real good games.