Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Nintendo 64

Video game themed message board
Bunker Inspector

Nintendo 64

Post by Bunker Inspector »

I've been thinking about late-90s Nintendo 64 quite a bit lately. I still have my old N64 in shoebox downstairs; I haven't fired it up in a bit, but last time I did it worked like a charm. Unlike the original 8-bit Nintendo, N64 was super reliable/durable. They had a great selection of games for that platform too.

You get so emotional baby

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Nintendo 64

Post by Mandatory »

I still have mine. Plug it in about 3-4 years ago and it still runs, but the 1st player controller port is corroded and needs cleaning. So I was unable to do anything past loading the start screen of games. I will keep holding on to it for now, but not sure what my end game is.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Kenneth Noisewater »

Spent way too many hours on 007 multiplayer back in the day.

Odd job, Stacks, Proximity Mines…I was untouchable!
I got you Abe.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Never had one. Was a Sega Genesis guy. Bill Walsh's College Football ruled.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

NBA Hangtime was sooo fucking fun
Bunker Inspector

Post by Bunker Inspector »

I probably played this one more than any other game on N64:

You get so emotional baby

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That Tim Guy

Post by That Tim Guy »

Isn't there a page for this? Asking for a friend.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mine is in the giant Rubbermaid container that all my consoles go in to die. I used to pull them out once a year or so, but haven't in a long ass time now. I should load them all up and sell them before they get fucked up and stop working. It's just too cheap and easy to buy the few old games I actually want to play on a newer systems store or on the PC.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:26 am Never had one. Was a Sega Genesis guy. Bill Walsh's College Football ruled.
I'd play as '83 Auburn and wreck people up with Bo Jackson. He would just shrug tackles, basically a cheat character. My sports-inept friends didn't know who he was, much less what team he played for and how good he was, so they always just thought I was better than them (which I was, because it was my game) but I wasn't that much better. The 90's were good for video games.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:19 pm
feekdogg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:26 am Never had one. Was a Sega Genesis guy. Bill Walsh's College Football ruled.
I'd play as '83 Auburn and wreck people up with Bo Jackson. He would just shrug tackles, basically a cheat character. My sports-inept friends didn't know who he was, much less what team he played for and how good he was, so they always just thought I was better than them (which I was, because it was my game) but I wasn't that much better. The 90's were good for video games.
In the original Madden for SNES I used the pick the cowboys and just do toss sweeps repeatedly. I'd end up with a couple hundo rushing yards.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:21 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:19 pm
In the original Madden for SNES I used the pick the cowboys and just do toss sweeps repeatedly. I'd end up with a couple hundo rushing yards.
They were so good. You could get around the edge with Emmitt, as he was faster then the LB's back then and just shrug DB's down the sideline.

So many hours spent playing those games as a kid, with different teams. I lived out-of town so if I wasn't playing outside or didn't have friends over or at a friend's house, I had to entertain myself. I played the shit out of Nintendo and Sega.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Bunker Inspector wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:34 am I probably played this one more than any other game on N64:

Ken Griffey's MLB for SNES a few years before this was so fun too. I had that year's complete set of baseball cards so I went through and put the real names of all the players in the American League. I actually played a full season with Twins. I think I had over 300 Hr's. That was fun.

Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

The Golden Eye Tournaments we had in high school were epic. Top games

1. Golden Eye
2. Mario Kart 64
3. Mario Party 2
4. Mario 64
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:04 pm Mine is in the giant Rubbermaid container that all my consoles go in to die. I used to pull them out once a year or so, but haven't in a long ass time now. I should load them all up and sell them before they get fucked up and stop working. It's just too cheap and easy to buy the few old games I actually want to play on a newer systems store or on the PC.
Let me know if you ever decide to sell any of your old game systems and games. I got a mini collection going and am always looking to add to it :beer:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:48 pm The Golden Eye Tournaments we had in high school were epic. Top games

1. Golden Eye
2. Mario Kart 64
3. Mario Party 2
4. Mario 64
Starfox 64 was fucking epic. We'd play the shit out of that, trying to complete the mini-goals so that our path to the end was different with the different levels. So fun!

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:51 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:04 pm Mine is in the giant Rubbermaid container that all my consoles go in to die. I used to pull them out once a year or so, but haven't in a long ass time now. I should load them all up and sell them before they get fucked up and stop working. It's just too cheap and easy to buy the few old games I actually want to play on a newer systems store or on the PC.
Let me know if you ever decide to sell any of your old game systems and games. I got a mini collection going and am always looking to add to it :beer:
Will do!
I made this!
laX

Post by laX »

excitebike 64 blew my balls off
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting