Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Madden 22

Video game themed message board
Rusty Kuntz

Madden 22

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Just got it! I went with the middle priced one, I think it's mvp, so I can play today. $99 for the ps5 version. It finished downloading and I just started playing. Actual I'm collecting my MUT cards. Looks really cool so far. :beer:
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Madden 22

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Have you downloaded Unfadeable's rosters yet?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:18 pm Have you downloaded Unfadeable's rosters yet?
No, too busy playing MUT :beer:

My MUT got suspended early last year for fraud, my account must have been hacked some how, so I wasnt able to play it last year. You get a shit ton of packs with the MVP edition, I think I had close to 40 to open
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Downloading it now.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

I am laying down and open challenge to any froob with the moxie to pick up their sticks against me in a throwback Madden 2002, 20 year anniversary game.

VD me for deets. No Ravens.
Lampin'
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:49 am I am laying down and open challenge to any froob with the moxie to pick up their sticks against me in a throwback Madden 2002, 20 year anniversary game.

VD me for deets. No Ravens.
Lol, a buddy would always beat me in Madden 2001. Even if I was the Ravens! It didn't make a difference.

However, he was ALWAYS the Titans.. which was pretty unfair if you ask me.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I started a Bears franchise, just to play as Justin Fields. The game feels pretty good this year. As always the save system in Franchise is infuriating and I ended up "deleting" my save after multiple issues.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Ok.. three different times now I've had a week 1 franchise win counted as a 20-0 loss. What the fuck is going on. This is the epitome of unplayable.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I bought last year's and it sucked and pissed me off and I haven't played played it since New Years. NFL has got to allow other developers a chance to make a better pro football game, as does the NCAA. The Madden franchise has regressed to SNES levels if not worse and that's not an exaggeration.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

This is the glitch that happened to me. So anyone interested in Franchise, don't even bother until it's fixed. Seems the game will assign you losses no matter the score. I'm frankly shocked they could ship the game without catching this but when all you care about is MUT and gouging money on packs I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I do not want “the yard” or to open cards. I want to be able to play franchise with updated rosters. That used to be what Madden was about...

#BaltimoreStrong
laX

Post by laX »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:28 am I do not want “the yard” or to open cards. I want to be able to play franchise with updated rosters. That used to be what Madden was about...
^this

and would it kill them to bring back "training camp"? that shit was awesome in the early 2000s, but has disappeared.
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

laX wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:42 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:28 am I do not want “the yard” or to open cards. I want to be able to play franchise with updated rosters. That used to be what Madden was about...
^this

and would it kill them to bring back "training camp"? that shit was awesome in the early 2000s, but has disappeared.
The game engine switched from PS2-PS3 (Xbox-XBox360) and had been the same ever since. There's a YouTube video going through all the stuff you used to be able to do in Franchise mode on Madden (Create new team, build new stadium, training camp, design your own plays, create a coach, NCAA roster exports to Madden, ect) all the way from SNES-PS2 that you can't do now with a way better system.

The game had better playability on lesser systems, and that's understated by a long shot. We all dreamed about how much better games would get as new systems would come out, but the only thing better are graphics. It's a bummer.

laX

Post by laX »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:24 pm
^this

The game engine switched from PS2-PS3 (Xbox-XBox360) and had been the same ever since. There's a YouTube video going through all the stuff you used to be able to do in Franchise mode on Madden (Create new team, build new stadium, training camp, design your own plays, create a coach, NCAA roster exports to Madden, ect) all the way from SNES-PS2 that you can't do now with a way better system.

The game had better playability on lesser systems, and that's understated by a long shot. We all dreamed about how much better games would get as new systems would come out, but the only thing better are graphics. It's a bummer.
you absolutely nailed it... couldnt have said it better :clap:
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Can you still build your own franchise? I always liked doing that.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:45 am Can you still build your own franchise? I always liked doing that.
You can't even keep track of Wins and Losses in Franchise. Building one is simply too much to ask.

Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

This game is so-so. Can't wait for the NCAA football game next year. If this is the last Madden game I buy, I won't miss it. I just started the create a player mode and its OK, 2 college games, which are really easy. Looking forward to seeing how the pros are with my scrambling QB.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

laX wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:22 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:24 pm

^this

you absolutely nailed it... couldnt have said it better :clap:
I remember having the PS2 anniversary edition the same year the Xbox 360 came out. I played the hell out of the PS2 version, but finally caved when the price dropped on it and bought it for my new 360. What a hulking turd factory of a game... biggest waste of $25 ever...
I made this!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Yep. The PS2/OG Xbox era was the best for Madden. It hasn't even come close since. Those games still play a way better game of football.

Madden isn't even worth checking the reviews anymore. It has sucked for almost 20 years.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I read online that choosing online for franchise gets you around the loss glitch. I tried it and worked week 1.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Madden 2005 is still the best Madden game for franchise mode. Sad I'm still saying this with Madden 2022 out.

Gameplay-wise it's not the best, but from a pure franchise standpoint it's king.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Kicked a 65 yard field goal yesterday. Pretty neat.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Just play an updated continually modded 2k5.....

Still better.

Sad.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:32 pm Just play an updated continually modded 2k5.....

Still better.

Sad.
This.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I play PS2 NCAAF, and it's superior to Madden. Bummer.