Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2021 E3

Video game themed message board
YBBR

2021 E3

Post by YBBR »

E3 is just a collection of streams now. Anybody else watch Keighley's game showcase? Which wasn't technically E3, I guess?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Re: 2021 E3

Post by YBBR »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I like tactics based RPG's and they revamped Metal Slug with that and more than a dash of Cowboy Bebop for the trailer.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Heard Kingdom Come 2 could be announced. They announced today it's going to release on switch.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:27 pm

I like tactics based RPG's and they revamped Metal Slug with that and more than a dash of Cowboy Bebop for the trailer.
This looks fun. It reminds me Gears of War Tactics that came out last year. Same style but Gears and updated pc graphics.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Elden Ring was the show stopper so far. Can't believe it's slated for January. Hey, good on them. I hope they hit it.

Here's the gameplay trailer for those who didn't catch it.

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I will watch Xbox on Sunday since they seem to be the only ones who give a rats ass about this.

I'm not expecting much.

I'll check out Devolver digital since they always put on a crazy show.

Gaming has gotten so uninspired that E3 isn't even a big event anymore. I remember the days of the MEGATON.

Only interested to see the other 3 studios Microsoe bought. Rumors of Kojima and SEGA. They are buying up everyone.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 pm Elden Ring was the show stopper so far. Can't believe it's slated for January. Hey, good on them. I hope they hit it.

Here's the gameplay trailer for those who didn't catch it.

That might be the greatest thing I've ever seen.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Eh... It's time to cancel E3 for good.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I dug the new Battlefield that just looked wicked. It really felt they were taking it back to shit like Battlefield 3 with just the amount of wild shit happening
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Battlefield 1 was actually pretty damn good but man V was kind of a letdown. They just never really figured that out. Going modern again will hopefully recapture some magic of the series.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:08 pm Eh... It's time to cancel E3 for good.
Seems like due to budget concerns studios have been pulling out of coming. Then when they allowed fan in that seemed to ruin it. The floor was super crowded and you had idiots shouting stuff during presentation.

The heyday for E3 is over for sure.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

When is the next Elder Scrolls game coming?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:50 am When is the next Elder Scrolls game coming?
Yikes, mid-2020's it sounds like after doing a little search. Starfield is up first, hopefully next year. That could be interesting too.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:03 am
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:50 am When is the next Elder Scrolls game coming?
Yikes, mid-2020's it sounds like after doing a little search. Starfield is up first, hopefully next year. That could be interesting too.
November 2022 is the slated release for Starfield. I don't think we get new Elder Scrolls until 2023 at the earliest. Bethesda always takes their time with games.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Haven't watched most of the press conferences I still have to do that. Covid obviously is still effecting the development of games and will still be a factor for probably a few years to come.

This was totally expected.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Excited for the console release of Hades. That will be rad. Solar Ash by Heart Machine the guy that did Hyper Light Drifter I think looks amazing. Announced before but that looks like my jam. New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game was a cool announcement. AOE 4 and Battlefield 2042 look great.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Outer Worlds 2 coming!

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:53 am Outer Worlds 2 coming!
I was like: "WTF, post the trailer". Then I looked at the trailer and realized why you didn't. :lol:
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:19 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:53 am Outer Worlds 2 coming!
I was like: "WTF, post the trailer". Then I looked at the trailer and realized why you didn't. :lol:
:lol:

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Alright, that trailer is definitely in trailer of the year running.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Feel like the second Outer Worlds will be better. With Microsoft money actually affecting the development of it. Obsidian was all done with development by the time the were acquired last go round.
Herky

Post by Herky »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:06 pm Feel like the second Outer Worlds will be better. With Microsoft money actually affecting the development of it. Obsidian was all done with development by the time the were acquired last go round.
:thumbsup: They made that game saying if it sold well they would up the budget and make another one. If this ends up being a AAA title release it could be epic. The last one was really good even with average at best graphics.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Herky wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:06 pm Feel like the second Outer Worlds will be better. With Microsoft money actually affecting the development of it. Obsidian was all done with development by the time the were acquired last go round.
:thumbsup: They made that game saying if it sold well they would up the budget and make another one. If this ends up being a AAA title release it could be epic. The last one was really good even with average at best graphics.
Just give them a large sum of money to hire more people and make their game and yeah, I totally imagine it being in that AAA tier this time. Which is cool. Maybe they have some ideas they want to implement that they can now do with a much larger budget and probably a good number more developers.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Can someone explain what outer worlds is? I'm a space nut but never found a truly good 3rd person space game with that sense of wonder space games sound bring. No Man's Sky looked like the penultimate but then I watched what it was, jesus, a walking simulator.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:52 pm Can someone explain what outer worlds is? I'm a space nut but never found a truly good 3rd person space game with that sense of wonder space games sound bring. No Man's Sky looked like the penultimate but then I watched what it was, jesus, a walking simulator.
Fallout in space. If you like fallout or elder Scrolls you'll probably like it. It's a lot of fun and wacky.

#BaltimoreStrong
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:59 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:52 pm Can someone explain what outer worlds is? I'm a space nut but never found a truly good 3rd person space game with that sense of wonder space games sound bring. No Man's Sky looked like the penultimate but then I watched what it was, jesus, a walking simulator.
Fallout in space. If you like fallout or elder Scrolls you'll probably like it. It's a lot of fun and wacky.
Never played Fallout but did play Morrowind. Count me as intrigued. :thinking:

First person?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:05 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:59 pm
Never played Fallout but did play Morrowind. Count me as intrigued. :thinking:

First person?
It is, with the loot and speech aspects of Elder Scrolls.

Checkout this gameplay video. Just skip through parts for an idea. There are companions and it's very much about exploration. It's kind of short though but that was intended..

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:20 pm
That's because graphics have almost no bearing on whether a game is good or not. Keep the graphics and use the extra funds to make an even greater game with few stones unturned. Maximize the memory aspect of what can and can't be done, characters, storyline, NPC's, cities, weapons, ect.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.