Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Golf Clash

Video game themed message board
salamander

Golf Clash

Post by salamander »

Phone game.

I am addicted.

You play other people one hole. Bet in game coins and upgrade, get new clubs etc.

The weekend tournaments are really cool.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
DuffMan

Re: Golf Clash

Post by DuffMan »

Weekend tournaments are the best part of the game.

I played for a couple years and had my clubs leveled up pretty much to the max aside from the Apocalypse (6) and Cataclysm (5) and had a really nice stash of balls (giggle), but the game changed to the point where the competitive advantage table was swung so disproportionately to the players spending more money on the game that it became disappointing.

I spent a lot of time grinding through the tours and would purchase a few packs here and there, but after time I could not compete with the players who spent high level money on the game. I never had any intention of spending more than $5 a week on the game but it becomes frustrating when you have more skills and better clubs, and you wind up consistently matching up against people who are buying balls that eliminate any sort of skill.

It really seemed like Playdemic was forcing matchups based on users who spent more money vs players who spent less money in order to drive revenue. I understand it from a marketing/sales perspective but it drove me out.
salamander

Re: Golf Clash

Post by salamander »

DuffMan wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:03 pm Weekend tournaments are the best part of the game.

I played for a couple years and had my clubs leveled up pretty much to the max aside from the Apocalypse (6) and Cataclysm (5) and had a really nice stash of balls (giggle), but the game changed to the point where the competitive advantage table was swung so disproportionately to the players spending more money on the game that it became disappointing.

I spent a lot of time grinding through the tours and would purchase a few packs here and there, but after time I could not compete with the players who spent high level money on the game. I never had any intention of spending more than $5 a week on the game but it becomes frustrating when you have more skills and better clubs, and you wind up consistently matching up against people who are buying balls that eliminate any sort of skill.

It really seemed like Playdemic was forcing matchups based on users who spent more money vs players who spent less money in order to drive revenue. I understand it from a marketing/sales perspective but it drove me out.
I actually put this game down for this very reason. Once I got farther into the game, it was clear this was a pay to win game.
I also had a ton a trouble running into cheaters. There were times when people would drain their 2nd shot 3-4 games in a row against me.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.